1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elysium Doll discussion

Mar 23, 2007

1. Don't worry Eidolon, I know it wasn't at me XD. I don't really mind the shinyness anyway XD and I'm far from thinking it's an ugly body n.n;; . If anyone gets one please tell me how well it poses, that's mostly what interests me n.n.

2. Just thought someone might be interested.

Elysium has a Hugo Specific body for sale, right now, which is not the same body as the Axel-N has. Elysium stated that the Hugo line of heads don't fit their other body, I imagine it's a neck issue.

I contacted them quite some time ago, regarding their Beauty White version of the Hugo Specific body, and they finally got back to me, today.

-_- At this moment, the BW Hugo Specific body is not available, but that it will be within the next 5-6 months. This seems to correspond with the rerelease of Hugo.

Hmmmm.

3. Oooh, interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

4. Oh! *head desk* I forgot to say here.

I saw a Dollshe White in person, and put my Elysium White up next to it reaaaalll close.

It is not a 'match', but it's extremely close, and I think that blushing can easily handle the discrepency. I am not sure if my Elysium white is standard of Elysium white, as it is 'beauty green', but my specific head can probably get away with dollshe white pretty easily.

I'm getting a Domuya Flexi in the mail, sometime, too. It's a normal skin, and I have previously suspect that it'd match Elysium normal in the past, so I can update on that, as you like.

I feel like a field researcher.

5. o.O

Explative deleted.

There seems to be some issue with the translation. At this point I don't know if this annoucement means '4 months from now', or 'on the 4th month' or 'the 4th month of next year'. If anyone can lend a hand, I'd appreciate it.

This is Elysiums news notice, it seems to be their release schedule for the year. Beauty White Hugo. *twitches* I know I've been experiencing a few mould doubts about my grail Hugo, but... but...I'm totally getting one.

And in 4-6 months, I can definately save for one, so I'm really really setting my cap on the '4 months from now' translation. I'm so happy that they decided to let us all know in advance so we can budget accordingly. Now I have to decide on resin color, whereas before I was just happy to get what I could get.

I'm pretty sure it says that they're releasing an NS head in 4 months, and a BW doll in 5-6 months (or on the 4th month 5th/6th month -_-). I confirmed that with a friend of mine, but that doesn't rule out infered knowledge within sentance structure.

Sorry for the double post. ><

6. That's great news! I'm so happy they are rereleasing him. People have been asking me for what seems like years about it... I'm glad I always said, "they never said 'no' so keep looking." :)

I hope to see many more Hugos on the board after the release. :)

7. Yessssss Hugo *rubs hand together* e__e
      Annnnd my Japanese is tripe buuuut here's my bad translation under the original lines -_-;-

Don't take my word for gravy until someone who speaks good japanese translates. (\(o3O)/)-
      But this seems soon :3

8. Zomg.. x___X Normal Hugo....I want

9. I would like them to re-re-release frowning, close eyed Hugo, please. -_- /broken record.

For some awful reason I do not like the smiling Hugo. I want to like it and have been trying to find something about it to like but...I can't. I just can't. >_< I want an MN. A MW would be swell too but my holy grail is MN. ;_;

10. I'd love for them to re-release frowning Hugo too, he was my original target head :(.

I ran the msg above through another online translator, and it says that the Hugo (normal skin) will be released at the end of the month of April, so maybe it is at the end of this month~ *hurries around and feeds bank account*

11. 4 MONTH means APRIL!!!
      5-6 MONTH means MAY - JUNE

Muunu's pretty much got the gist about the translation (It's something along this line: "We plan to release the normal skin Hugo head at the end of April". Elysium will be selling the Hugo head at the end of April so those who wants the head, keep your EYES PEELED! xD *is keeping her eyes peel @_@ *

In Japan and in Korea, there are no names for the months like we have here in America. They call it, " the 4th month, the 1st month, the 8th month" and so forth. Since you guys didnt know that, you probably thought they'd sell it in 4 months.. Thankfully that's not the case! ^_^

I hope this help clarify up things!!!! :D

12. Thank you for the clarification. Well, I'm now annoyed. I thought I'd have months to save for the head. It's either go to Anime Expo or buy this head. -_- Not a choice I want to be making.

Ugh. I keep on putting off AX. This'll be the third time but I want to try for a Hugo white skin. I want it slightly green, too. I'll just leave it out in the sun for a couple of days or something.

13. The Hugo white skin wont be out until May or June. I'm thinking late May, early June. I dont know when AX is, but isnt it around late June? I think you still have time to save. :)

14. If anyone's interested, there's a damaged Hugo-MN on Y!japan. Looks like they opened the eyes slightly, and narrowed the nose. The Engrish translation says the head's a 'rough'....

The mods actually don't look half bad, they don't take away from the 'Elysium look'. Sometimes when people open those eyes, it just makes th em stop looking like Elysium heads.

15. Thats a really good deal!!! It's like ~$30 bucks for the Hugo MN... but it might go up since theres still 4 days left on the clock. :T

16. MN?! I want it! *confused* I don't know how to bid on it. I need some kind of relay service right? Who do you suggest? And did someone bid 100 on it already? Is there a buy it now option? I don't know what that looks like, the buy it now option.

17. Oh wow, are they really rereleasing the original Hugo head? :D He would be PERFECT for one of my characters but it is such a hard head to find I gave up.

Hmm, I wonder if he will fit a Dollstown 15boy body? SD13 boy heads fit them well, and Hugo heads are supposed to go on SD13 boy bodies . . . so I'd imagine that it would work, anyway.

Now to wait! the end of April is so close though, I hope that is what they actually meant! *doesn't speak a word of japanese*

18. It looks like someone bid 3,000y on it already, yeah. I've seen many shopping services recommended, including Rinkya (the place I use when I'm doing lazy translations). I think a few others are Shopping Mall Japan, Japan Shopping Center, and Mail Order Japan.

I have an account at Rinkya set up 'just in case', but I've never used it. I've heard lots of good things about all of these providers. Good luck, Damask, I know you've wanted one for ages... or at least, ever since I was mean and introduced you to Elysium Doll. *laugh*

To answer your question, Dolly, I am fairly sure that Elysium would be a resin match for Dollstown, since Dollstown Normal matches Volks Pureskin, however I'm not certian that the head would 'look right' on the body offhand.

The Hugo line seems to be rather big-headed, to me, and I personally prefer the head on a 70cm body. Hoooowever, SD13-SD16 are both recommended for the Elsyium heads, this heard directly from Elysium themselves.

Although many/most? people do prefer the SD13 ratio of head to shoulder span, since 60cm bodies are still the most common body option for Elysium owners on DoA (Dollshe is the most common for those in Asia), sooo, it's kind of your call as far as that bit goes.

Be warned, though, that Hugos have huge neck holes, and that can be quite problematic at times to fit.

eta: *randomly* I wonder if this Hugo rerelease will be in Oldskin or Newskin? I know that Hugo came before the color change, and that there are some -SNs that were made before the change, and some after. I guess it'd make sense for them to use their Newskin, since they wanted to match Volks Pureskin better.

19. You have to bid 3000 + 100 yen or more. That's what the 100 is for. It's the amount of increment increase in addition to the bid price. So if the price jumps to 3050, you're expected to bid 3150. Or 4000, you're suppose to bid 4100 and so forth. As long as the increment is more than 100 yen.

The buy option's usually high lighted in a pale orangish color indicating the price amount. I want to say it's mainly located between the bid unit and start date of bidding, but I'm not too sure. Unfortunately there is no buy option on this item.

I have Shopping Mall Japan and it works pretty well. It'll probably take days (30?) until you get an account. But the shipping's great cuz it comes quickly. :D So I like it and unfortunately bidding can become addicting after awhile with their ease of service.... XD

20. I'm trying so hard. ;_; All of my money at the moment is going to an intricate cosplay costume which I've been planning for over four years. Ever since hearing about this re-release of Hugo I couldn't save anything. The 600.00 I already have is for AX. Hotel, airfare, food, at-the-door registration and car rental is expensive.

If the doll is going to be more than 600.00, which it probably is, then there will be no AX for me. Unless Elysium is re-releasing head and body seperate which I doubt. And honestly, who would want to split? Everybody wants the head and the unanimous opinion on the body is that it's freakishly ugly.

I sincerely hope they are selling the head and body seperate. I hope, I hope, I hope!
      ...so complicated. ;_; I'm sorry, I still don't understand what that means. Increments? Dictionary.com don't fail me now. @_@ I probably understood this all wrong. So if the price jumps by any percentage, no matter how small or how big, I have to tack on another 100 yen in addition to my bid if I want to beat the other person?

But why should I have to do that? Where does that 100 go? Is it fees for using Y!AJ? Extra fees the Y!J seller has to cover and is asking the winning bidder to help out? This is definitely the wrong place to be asking this, too. I suddenly wish I never forgot the language quite as thoroughly as I have. I'll search DoA and see if they've already answered these questions.

And 30 waiting days before the account activates? The auction would be over by then. This sucks. I'm willing to bet they want paypal or direct bank transfers only, too. I only use money orders.

That's right, I blame it all on you. XD