1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elysium Doll discussion

Mar 23, 2007

1. Nono no no no. ><

Starting price, 30,000 with incremental bids of 100 yen each.. Opening bid is 30,000 yen. Every time you bid, you have to bid in measurements of 100 yen. So you can bid 30,100, 30,500, 40,000, but not 40,004. Get it?

Not all shopping services take 30 days to activate. Rinkya takes 1-2 days, but most of them do require a credit card. I hear that a few places are willing to work out deals (because they're small business) if you're demonstrated trustworthy and whatnot. Hard to say.

2. It's great to see this thread here. Elysium needs more love!

I have personally seen Tree's Elysium Hugo SN up close and personal and found him wonderfully striking and handsome. I wish more dolls had a more mature look to them.

I don't have any problem with the shiny body. I HAVE a shiny body with my OD Tae and I know I could matte it down if I wanted to, but I am fine with the glossy look. Hatori is photographed with his clothes on so it doesn't matter.

3. :) I love my Hugo-SN, even with his slightly 80s glam faceup, I feel that he's masculine. -SNs have such strong cheek bones, and the slope from cheekbone to jawline is so feline and fantastic. And that little bulge right at the eyebrows to show a tense brow. It's awesome, I love it.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to get one of their bodies. -_- It's just not going to work out for me money wise, I think. *sigh* I don't think one's going to show up on the aftermarket, either. At least, not on DoA.

Anyways, Onna, thank you for the compliment. *cough* I know my man's faceup wasn't all that great when you saw him, I am forced to assume you saw past all that and was able to look at the mould itself. *laugh*

4. Yes, that's partially right, however, that doesnt mean you'll overbid the highest bidder.

Example: the Hugo head starts with bid price, $30 (~3,000 yen). They want you to bid with a difference of atleast $1 (~100 yen). So bids start at $31 and up ($31-$30=$1). Say you bid $35 (difference of 5 which is more than 1, (35-30=5)) and you get listed as highest bidder. Then someone puts down $40. This person has just overbid you. The bid price will then increase to...lets say $35. Even tho bid price has gone up, the next bid should still be a difference of $1. Say you put down $38. (difference is $3 (38-35)), but since your bid $38 is less than the person who puts down $40, the other person still has the highest bid. Unfortunately, you will not know what they've put down, you can only estimate. In a situation where you're losing the bid, you can continue to guess so you can overbid or you can quit when the price becomes unreasonably high.

Auctions are usually a win-lose situation that requires risks and gambles. The question is, are you willing to take it? Probably not. :P

As for Shopping Mall Japan, their service's good. I think if you ask them then the process might be faster. :)

5. I understood it! Thanks to both of you. ^_^ The next step if I still couldn't find info was to ask exactly this. To ask if someone would spell it out for me.

Neither of you probably realize how riculously excited I am right now. XD I actually understand this story math, since I'm just not good at math in general and story-type math is even worse than simple 5x5.

Anyway, I'm willing to risk up to 180.00 on this head because it's modified and I can't really see the mods that well. If it was pristine I'd go all out and bid 300.00 immediately. I'll ask Shopping Mall Japan if they are willing to make a special case for me. -_- But why should they? Man, how do you get a business to trust you like this? Rhetorical questions, those. >_< I'm going to ask them anyway. I don't care anymore, I want that head.

No pain, no gain right? At least, I think that's how the saying goes. @_@

...I do wish Elysium would come out with other head moulds that are as masculine as Hugo though. I wouldn't mind that. Androgynous head sculpts are fine and dandy but considering how popular Hugo is I wonder why they haven't done that already.

Axel, frankly, doesn't count. He could easily be a she when the head's taken off of that body. A pouty, spoiled girl.

6. hahaha XD~

Good luck!!!! :D

7. Eidolon Tree, you are SO helpful, thank you! :D Hmm, maybe Hugo would look good on an SD17 body, it almst the same as an SD16 boy and Reisner does wear a DD size wig . . . :XD:

*is excited for the order period*

8. No problem. *grins* In my cups, I could just keep going and going, to be honest.

I think that an Elysium Hugo would look pretty good on an SD16-17. I really love having my Hugo-SN on a Dollzone body, i think the proportions are really attractive, and Sd16 is *cough* similar to Dollzone 70cm.

I'm excited for the ordering period, too. I still have my doubts about the sculpt, to be honest. I had gotten myself set on believing that I'd never get one, and now that the oppertunity is here, I'm all confused. However, I'm still going to order one. I figure, at the very least, he should be an easy sell should I decide against him (unlikely).

Aaah, who knows when they'll come out. ><; Soon, I hope. I have this horrible feeling they'll increase the cost of just the head due to supply and demand.

9. They don't need to say anymore than that, really. The head is $200

Hugo-N Product Page

I placed my order before jumping into the News thread. *laugh* Oh, man. I'm going to be so shafted on shipping. They charged me something like $64 for shipping last time, and then they told me that EMS wasn't available to Alaska and sent the package registered mail, and then told me they did so the next day. This head's going to be expensive..... but so worth it.

Elysium head shipping wasn't all that great, either. They put him in a box with a slip of bubble wrap about the eyes, no stuffing or anything, the head was free to roll around. ><

It looks like they altered the headcap, but left the neck opening as is, which means he's probably still got a big neckhole.

10. Whoa, he looks different. His face isn't as long. He looks more girly! WHY?! I hope it's Jia's face up that's the problem or their photography skills. -_-

200.00, huh? XD Eidolon_Tree, looks like you are becoming a Hugo museum.

I hope they're going to re-release Hugo-M. It looks to be about the same if I bought second hand so I might as well wait for Elysium to sell it again. *prays* That, and I want Hugo-'mad' white skin as well as the Hugo-M normal skin.

11. The new Hugo has magnets... *_* I'm so jealous. XD The whole inside of it looks very different, I guess they improved the design.

I can't wait to see what people do with him. He's still one of my favorite molds and I really wanted more people to have him. :)

12. They have Hugo-N under Ball Jointed Dolls too. Does this mean that he's a standard now? I really hope so!!!!! Cuz then that gives me more time to save up.

13. OMG, yay! Too bad about the US$ price, it is steep compared to the yen price, given the conversion rate. Hmm, I wonder if you could pay them in yen (you can do that with paypal)? XD

I hope I can scrape up enough for him in time. >.< Elysium doen't seem to have "standards", they just make a head mold and sell it for an unknown period of time -- until its "sold out"? -- and then they may or may not release it again at some later point.

14. I really hope that's not the case. :/ I know that they have a "Silver Hugo-N" set which is limited to 10. They also have Axel under Ball Jointed Doll too and there's no indication whether he's limited. And their 72cm body doesnt seem limited either. I guess I'll ask on the board.

15. I don't remember them ever making a fuss about a doll being "limited". They seem to just say "look, here is a new head for sale!" And then eventually the head is listed as "sold out". And its not like an "out-of-stock" sold out, its more like a "we're done making this head/we sold all the heads we made" sold out. Its not uncommon for them to release a head more than once though, if it is popular. Like Hugo being rereleased now! :)

But yeah, Elysium is one of those rather small "companies", if you could even call them a company. XD I get the impression that they're kind of like a "garage kit" maker, if that makes any sense? They used to just sell heads they sculpted for SD's, though they've expanded to include a body sculpt too! i'm glad they have been successful, I hope they will continue to grow.

16. Wow, they updated alot during my nap. oO He wasn't listed in 'ball jointed doll', and neither was '72cm body', and there was no special either. Ah, well, I couldn't afford a whole doll anyways, the $220 total I had to pay just for the head pretty much broke my monthly budget. -_-;

[​IMG]

Damask - I think a lot of it is Jia's faceup and that blonde wig, honestly. When he's wigless, he looks just as I remember him. lol, yeah, I'm totally turning into an Elysium Hoarder. If I ever get rich enough to buy an Axel, it'll look ridiculous in my sig. You should email them and ask if they're coming out with an -MN release, if people show interest, that might spur them on.

Lone Sheep - This is fantastic, I agree. Neither of my Hugo-S heads have that magnetized headcap, either. It looks like they left the cavernous neckhole, though. >< Ah, well, at least I know it'll fit the body type I want for it....

*nods* Elysium doesn't have 'standards', they just make, sell out, and move on. This is why the rerelease is such a big deal, it was 'unexpected'. Pretty much all their dolls are limited, it's just that the 'Special Doll' is even more limited due to the clothes. You can email Elysium and ask them how many dolls they have left of any particular kind. They won't give you numbers, but they'll usually tell you if you should order right away or have a little time left.

There are pretty much only 2 people involved in the whole operation, if you click 'Elysium Doll', they're listed. There's ASH, who sculpts and probably pours the dolls (although they might just make a mould and send it to a company who professionally pours for them), and Jia, who maintains the website and does all the faceups.

I would not recommend Jia's faceups. I ordered one when I bought their Hugo-SN. Her faceups are pretty amatuerish and not worth the $50 pricetag. Also, my head arrived unfinished, which means that it had uneven resin that needed sanding in order to look 'normal'. Jia just put her faceup right ontop of that.

17. Thank you! I'm sorry for the late reply, I didn't see this until today. But they didn't make an exception. XD Here I was hoping I was special enough. Nope, I'm not. I'm so crushed. But I'm lookin' on the bright side! I have money for an MN~!:D
      Oooh, ha~ay. Lookit that. It's still Hugo smirking! He appeals to me a bit more now but not enough for me to put him on my want list. Elysium, the entire website, won't open up for me. :...(

*confused* The library banned the website!!! I'm so pissed off right now. I wanted to ask Elyisum just that.

18. Does Elysium usually respond to orders to confirm them? I know Iplehouse never sent me a single email when I ordered Cocori, but at least I could track my order on their site.

I'm a bit nervous because I couldn't translate all the field names on the order form, so I worry it wasn't filled out properly.

19. Is Elysium growing??? I mean, I know there are 2 people and I know that their head mold sold until it sold out, but if they're growing as a company, should I have hopes that there will still be some available??? Or am I just being optimistic??? D:

Dunno how to work the bbs board, but I will ask.

20. I'm confused, why would you have to translate their order form, there's an English one available? Or are you translating from English to another langauge?

They do confirm, in that they email you back and ask for payment and give their paypal address. After that, no more. I'm not sure if they give out EMS tracking numbers, because they didn't send my package via EMS the one time I ordered from them. -_-;

I don't know, I'm not sure if we can classify what Elysium is doing right now as 'growing'. I think they're really just becoming more ambitious...

I never could get that BBS board to work for me, so do share if you figure it out.