1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elysium Doll discussion

Mar 23, 2007

1. Okay! Here we go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      (Either Jia lost a paint-brush hair or Hugo eats cats!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is it just me, or does a blank Hugo head look a bit like Conan O'Brien? ;)

Anyway, there are photos of necks and caps and so forth for those of you adapting him to anything other than the Luts cloth body! ;)

2. Oh, that texture on his face seems to be spray, by the way. The underside of his chin and the backs of his head and ears are totally smooth.

3. Awesome, thank you for those.

The neck hole remains cavernous, it seems. That's good for me, because I want to put him on a Dollzone 70cm.

They've changed the Elysium brand, as well. The Elysium brand on my -SN is smaller and more difficult to read.

I know my Hugo-SN head had that same tooth to it when it arrived, except it was uneven, and a few times even smooth where it was raised. It gave my head a mysterious sheen where there shouldn't be one, and it was only on the front of the face. After removing Jia's old faceup with Acetone, it remained. I wound up sanding it all away with a fine sandpaper. I wonder if your strange texture is the same thing? Just the product of an unfinished head?

I'm starting to be really happy I bought one. *laugh*

4. I'm wondering if the texture is different too by looking at the pics. I was hoping that the resin colour would be similiar to the hugo sn batchs. My hugos are EXTREMLY smooth XD

-->thank you PN for the pics <3

I am hoping to order another hugo head...instead of getting a body for my other sn's, Elysium had to put up a sale so soon;;

5. my old hugo-sn head is smooth too. i will see when my regular hugo arrives if he is textured too. if not ill just sand him

6. MysteryAya, please could you do a comparison with your SN? I really, really would like to see how the skintone and face mould looks side by side. Thanks! ^_^

7. oh, he looks really nice! *____________*

okay, now I will save up...I hope he's still available... >_>;

8. yep ill take some comparison pics. i will be getting him hopefully tomorrow or monday :D

9. Well, I'm rather surprised to be here, but today I acquired a brand spanking new 72cm Elysium body for my modified Yukinojo head. green_judy bought an Axel and the body was too tall for her character, so she sold it to me on the spot! :D And I thought she was just coming over for lunch...

I hadn't been able to decide how I felt about it from photos, but the fit between Yukinojo head and Elysium body is perfect. The neck is the same size as an SD16 neck (though a little shorter) and the resin match is dead on. The body has some quirks that will take some getting used to (and some sueding), but overall it suits my Daniel rather well. He's got nice broad shoulders that give the impression of more bulk when clothed. The SD16 clothing that I just bought in Tokyo fits him pretty well - pants are slim and just on the high side, but since that's the direction fashion seems to be heading at the moment it's just fine. Volks shirts are always absurdly baggy, so it's hard to tell what the fit difference is - shoulders fit fine, which is all that really matters. Will try some Dollshe sized stuff on him soon.

I like the Axel head a lot. He's asymmetrical in a realistic fashion and while he doesn't have as strong a jaw as Hugo he's still very masculine. The head fits very well on the Volks SD16 body because the neck is nice and long (I'm sure he'll fit a Dollzone body equally well since the neck is the same size). The head hole is very large and deep, but strangely the actual hole for the S-hook is tiny which made it difficult to swap his head around. I don't know how much that affects mobility - we sort of popped Edward's head off at the first opportunity and then never gave the body back to him. :sweat We also tried it on the Dollstown 15 body, but the neck was way too short.

Anyway, just stopping in to say hi. If anyone has questions about the new body I'm happy to answer them as soon as I'm done with my jewelry release on the first. *_* I should have some time to take photos then, too. *waves to Eidolon Tree* See? I wound up spliting an Axel after all! Who knew? :lol:

10. Heey, St. James. I'm glad you got ahold of a body. I know you'd been toying with the thought of one for a while...

And thank you so much for your post. It's told me so much about the new Axel head and resin. *laugh* Ah, the powers of deductive reasoning.

Thanks to you, we now know that the size of Axel's neck hole is the same as the size of all the Hugos, however the size of the actual bit where the hook passes is smaller (because believe me when I say those are huge in the Hugo line). Also, Elysium is keeping their Pureskin type resin.

Definately get back to us with some news about the Dollshe and Dollzone clothes, although I imagine they'll both fit to some degree, considering the Elysium body rests somewhere between the two when it comes to measurements.

I like Axel a lot, but there's just no way I can afford to plunk down that much money for him right now. -_- I just have to hope that I get an oppertunity for at least a head, sometime in the future. The more I look at Axel, the more I'm positive that the head sculpt suits the character I want him for.

And now, the picture wait.

11. i got my hugo head today. he is a little pinker than my old hugo-sn. he also has that textured feeling to him. ill take some comparison photos soon and then im gonna to send him somewhere to get a face up done.

12. Is your old Hugo-SN from the 1st batch of Oldskin heads?

13. For anyone thinking of putting a Hugo line head on a Domuya Flexi-N body, I have some good news and some bad news for you.

Good News: Resin match, near perfect to perfect with Elysium newskin.

Bad News: The neck on the Domuya Flexi-N body is far, far, far too small for the Hugo line head. It's stubby short and small, it looks ridiculous right at the neck area.

I'm on my lunch break, I can take pictures later.

14. Hallo,

I have a few photos of Axel with my "first draft" faceup, as well as one or two of him with his default faceup. I'll be happy to post those when I get home from work.

It's possible I will be wiping his current faceup and taking a second shot. If it turns out I do that, I'd be happy to post some pictures of the blank head, for reference.

I am crazy about the Axel sculpt. I know Hugo tends to be more popular, but I love Axel's expression and the very human asymmetry of his features.

15. eidolon- my first hugo-sn is from the original batch. i got him over 2 years ago.
      i'll try and take some pictures later. im running around like a mad woman trying to help my brother and his fiancee get ready for their wedding on the 12th.

16. Aah, you're so lucky to get an Axel. >< I just hope that there are still some on the market once I'm in a financial position to aquire one of my own. I selfishly encourage you to post as many pictures of your man as humanly possible. *laugh* Especially those blank shots. I'm really interested in his sculpt....

Looking forward to it, MysteryAya. Mine's from the 2nd batch, so it'll be interesting to use for gauging color differences.

Oh, and, my Hugo-N arrived today. I'm pretty content at the moment. There is a subtle color difference between my Hugo-SN and my Hugo-N, but it's extremely subtle. Basically, my -SN has more peach and my -N has more pink. I actually see differences in face shape, too, the -SN seems to be a bit more narrow and overall just a tiny bit smaller. I'm going to try and find some calipers to measure the heads, because I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or not.

17. Eidolon Tree - could you please post a comparison pic of the Hugo-N head against the Hugo-SN, if it's not too much trouble? *curious*

Also, -N's jaw shape seems sharper and slightly longer compared to -SN's to me.

18. That's funny, to me it's quite the reverse. The -SN head is shorter (by at least .5 inches), and sharper overall. The eyes are definately more narrow than the -N as well.

The Hugo head is also flatter on the headcap, which is kinda funny since the -SN's head is rather pointy. This causes them to wear the same wig differently.

I was going to take photos comparing the two, anyways. *laugh* It'll take a little while since I want to set up proper and take some nice sharp photos. Ideally, I'll also get a pair of calipers so that faceup shadowing doesn't give us too many optical illusions. I'm also going to show how the head looks on a Flexi-N body, because that's something else. I'll probably plunk the head on a Dollzone 70 and a Dollshe body as well, just for cross referencing.

I want to get all that stuff done before I send my Hugo out for faceup. I consider it a rare oppertunity, you know?

19. Eidolon Tree,

I decided to keep the problematic faceup, for now. So I'm afraid I have no pics of blank Axel at this point. If I change my mind and re-do the faceup, I will be sure to post blank pictures here.

[​IMG]

Before: the paint he arrived with.

[​IMG]

After, in all his asymmetrical, sticky-eyebrowed, lazy-eyed dorky hairless glory. No lashes or final correx yet. He really needs an eyebrow gardener. :sweat

I wandered all over the house in search of light. Took these out on the back steps... :doh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He is not actually bright yellow. When I took him outside to try the light there, my camera turned him green. Very odd sort of camera.

[​IMG]

20. Eidolon Tree - Opps, i meant to say that -SN's jaw shape seems sharper, NOT -N's! *smacks self* Sorry, was pretty sleepy when i prevously posted ^^;;.

I guess, -SN being sharper featured is true afterall, but i guess that also gives the impression that his face seemes longer when it isn't?

And yes, i totally understand what you mean when you say it's a rare oppertunity, like sending a shuttle off into space or something XD.

green_judy - Your Axel is gorgeous! I like how you've re-done his lips, he doesn't look so stiff now.