1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Email invitations issued for "Tenshi-no-Sumika in LA&qu

Nov 1, 2005

1. Huh.. weird. I'm using the ID and password they sent me, but it's still not letting me in. Rage!

2. Make sure you're copy/pasting it? It might be caps sensitive.

3. ^_^ I'd love to see the one-offs too. So I can dream. XD

4. Am I the only one who is mildly depressed today? I bought my tickets yesterday only to find out today that I have to wait another week to know if I even get to go to the opening party. I have always supported and defended Volks, not only because I think that their dolls are beautiful, but also because I respect their philosophy. However, in many ways, they do not treat their customers with much respect. It would be nice if they would at least let us know why they need to limit the number to 100. Is is because fire codes won't allow them to have more than that in the building at the same time? Or is it because they only want to shell out for food, drink and gifts for 100 people?

The thing that worries me the most is that if things don't work out for this event and factoring in some other bad feelings I have for them about the recent Autumn Fair mess, I'm going to stop feeling as positively about my dolls. :(

5. I'm sorry that it's not the best or easiest of situations for a lot of people but I can understand from Volks point of view on why they did it this way. After all, what better way the control the number of their products and how many to accommodate than to set a limit? They aren't the first people to have done so for events either in the US. We don't know the size of the buildings/rooms so 100 people is still a lot to accommodate.

6. I'm willing to bet that Volks wants to keep the one-offs semi-confidential. Maybe less chance of scalpers pouncing on this or that doll? :| Most likely, though, it's just like their official releases and they want to keep things sort of hush-hush until they day they're out...except for those who have registered with them.

7. Oh, I can understand this and also what Kallisti pointed out that none of us were even expecting a tea party until this weekend, but it doesn't keep the possibility of not being able to go from being depressing.

I don't know what sort of scale they are planning for this party, but I'm sure that there are ways that they could have limited the amenities and/or duration and accommodated everyone.

8. This isn't the first time Volks has done a limited event either-- the Volks cruise where people could purchase Cecile the Scarface was determined by a lottery as well.

I suspect the limited number is so things don't get out of control. As their first US event, they really don't know what to expect from us, so it's logical they would limit the number as they have. They also know that North America is a big country and it's unlikely everyone who registered their dolls would be able to attend the event anyway-- they say in the email it's in case more than 100 people RSVP that they would have to make it a lottery.

It makes sense to me-- but no, it isn't fair. Life isn't, unfortunately, but that's the way things are. I highly doubt this will be the only event at the mansion anyway-- there's surely more to be had in the future.

9. Just to Clarify I did not get an invitation to the mansion.

I got an email offering a link to sign up for it and win by lottery.

I didn't read the email very well!

Good luck everyone I hope you all get to GO!

10. Ohhh. I want 8 and 13.

Argh. Now I want to *go* to the thing. Damn. No way I can, right? Hmm...

FWD

11. Oh, I think that it's very likely that more than 100 have RSVPed already.

EDIT: Nevermind. It is clear that the link is only to go to the party, but I'm sure that more than 100 will want to go.

12. ... XD Thank you so much!

I absoloutly ADORE the F17 sunlight boy... that faceup is gorgeous. Pretty please, whomever goes, take some close ups?? (of him in particular, but really, all of them!)

And heheh... *drools all over #8*

I think this might be lack of sleep talking, but has anyone else noticed the fact that while Isao and Jun seem to be set up as a couple... and Shirou and Tsukasa keep turning up in matching outfits?

13. My favorite one-offs are 2, 5, and 9. So sweet and pretty..... :chibi

14. i'm kinda sad that i got an invitation but I know i cant go cause i'm on the east coast >< and man, thats alot of one offs O_o

15. Yeah... I got the invite request message. I hadn't made any plans to go... but now I kinda want to. Ergh. I guess I don't have anywhere to stay or a flight or anything. Maybe I'll request an invite and then if I get one in the lottery I'll go out last minute.

(Cause if there are 14 one-offs and it is limited to 100 guests those odds aren't *too* bad.)

FWD

16. I agree with Kellyhime about Volks letting us know in advance about the lotteried tea party! And all of the dates too, until now! This has been all a bit stressful trying to plan this with 3 others, and now theres a chance that neither I nor any of my friends going down to L.A. will even get into the mansion! And is the registration for the club already closed, since the initial invitations have gone out??? And what does it mean by 'If you return to this email your invitation will be invalid'??? I can't look at the email twice??? Or I can't send the invite back twice? aiyyaaa.... 8) Alex

17. My sentiment exactly!

I was confused about a number of things on the email too, but I think that had to do with language differences. I think that I know who you are talking about who might not have registered. I was going to write him yesterday until I realized that he is in China. Well, if we don't get in, we'll all have to go off and have our own tea party. :grin:

18. While more than 100 people might like to go, I'm sure there are lots of people who received their email, like me, who live on the East Coast, and who it is jut not a possibilty for. I can not take off from work, and I have a wedding that week.

More than likely they will not allow lots of pictures of the One-offs at the event. Volks generally has pretty strict guidelines about pictures. :oops:

I doubt they are limiting to 100 people because of cost :oops:

Maybe they want to give everyone a chance to actually talk with the President/the designers and so are limiting it because of that. I once did a Takara Castle Painting Tour which was limited. We didn't all get raffle prizes even, but we all got a chance to make a doll and talk with people.

Good Luck to all those who have the opportunity to go, :daisy

Rachel

19. The party is being held in Palos Verdes, an exclusive area of Los Angeles. Volks probably had to get a permit plus provide valet parking for 100 cars. I am sad that I may not get to go but I can see why Volks has to limit the number of people who can come.

20. I would like to thank all of the people who got the e-mail but knowing it is unlikely they can go are not registering for the lottery. Because if a person can't go, why take away another person's chance who is able to go?

I think Volks is very unsure as to how this is going to go. They are not familiar with the American collectors, so may want to limit this. Also Palos Verdes Estates is a very high rent area, and there may be laws as to the number of people allowed at a party. I am sure they had to get a permit from the city just to do this.

And I believe the doll that someone said is a Madoka is actually a Heath. Madoka's mouth is much smaller and her head is differently shaped. Heath has a narrower head like this doll, larger mouth, and does have similar eyes to Madoka.