1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Email invitations issued for "Tenshi-no-Sumika in LA&qu

Nov 1, 2005

1. Guys, please DO NOT post the Volks one-offs online, and don't post links to them in any way.

Volks made the page password protected for a reason, they want them to only be veiwable to people they have sent the password to. Please respect their wishes.
      :|

2. Aimee's right... We should all respect Volks' wishes. I'm sorry I behaved so rashly. :(

This is such a delecate time, with Volks opening a store in America. I would hate to upset them and cause them to distrust us.

Again, I'm sorry for my actions. :(

3. Yeah, it was in my spam folder...

4. I've sent my application yesterday but haven't received invitation yet.
      I registered on the last day though (10/31 around few hours before midnight XD)

edit: just out of curiosity, how much does one off model sell for usually, anyone
      have an idea?

5. I received an invitation, but I don't remember any links or passwords being included in it. I deleted it after I read it, because there's no way I'm going to be able to make the opening, so now I don't even know if there *were* links or passwords in what I received.

Poop.

Lia

6. I registered 2 dolls early October and have not received an e-mail either. It's not in the spam folder as I just checked. I'm blaming AOL because there's been lots of posts recently on another doll board I visit that not everyone can send e-mail to AOL accounts. Stupid AOL.
      :|

7. Maybe Volks is going in reverse order? @_@ So like, the people who register in late October gets the invite faster than the people who register in the beginning of October? @____@

Just trying to read Volks' mind here... *sends out telepathic waaaaaaves....* XD

8. I either didn't get an invitation or deleted it from my Bulk Mail folder, but that's only a shame because I would have enjoyed looking at the one-offs.
      Dorothy Grey has been at the top of the recent-arrivals list for the Volks owners list for several days.
      No chance I will make it out to LA this year.

Next year, however, Worldcon is in Anaheim (LACon IV), and I Am Going to Volks.

Ann in CT

9. Well, I got my e-vite, but I'm not entering the lottery since I can't afford to go now, cause I'm got into another dolll Con event that's happening the week before. So that sholuld better the odds a bit for someone else to get into the reception. :wink: I would love to have the experience of being at the opening and meeting fellow DOA members, as well as Volks folks in person, but there's just not enough in the piggy bank. If I had the funds, I'd sure go for Shizu, I think she'd make a fitting consort for my Heath. Anyway, I hope everyone that is able to attend will take lots of photos. :wink:

Hugs, Juli DC :daisy

10. Sorry about being late on all this forgive me, if this has been mentioned already, but so.... on November 20th I can go to the opening and enter the lottery without an e-mail invitation or being a member? I totally missed registering my doll and being a member :( *Slaps Her Head Hard* :roll:

To think I live a few blocks away.... freaking ridiculous...... :crushed

Also will Volks will accept cash? that's about it.

11. Yes! :grin: The only thing you need to be registered/a member for that we know of so far is the party/get-together thing on the 19th. The store opening is open to everyone.

12. :chibi Oooh! very cool. I might just go and see how crazy it's going to be there! for the heck of it. *Americans are a pretty wild bunch* hehe.... :lol: :wink:

13. Oookay... so the limiteds are for sale by lottery on the 20th... but are the one-offs for sale by lottery on the 19th? Or is it the 20th? Or not at all?

FWD

14. The One-Offs are only for sale on the 19th (most likely) by lottery. That's usually how Volks does it. It's a little ambigious though, so it's hard to know for sure. My understanding is that they will be selling the One-Offs at the invitation only event on the 19th by lottery.

The Limiteds are going to be sold (one per person who gets a winning lottery ticket) on the 20th. There MAY be enough limiteds for everyone, it's hard to know. But in order to be fair and to have an orderly process you stand in line to get a lottery ticket, and then one by one get to buy the doll you want.

15. Do you know if they usually do one line for each doll or one line for everyone?

I also wondered if they show the One Off dolls together in the photos does that mean that they are a set?

*curious & full of questions*

16. we'd have to ask someone like Cassiel who's been to a Dolpa... I dont remember off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure that several people said that went to dolpa.... that you stand in ONE line, and then when you get to the front of the line you say what you want.

I have no idea about the group picture one offs. guess we'll find out!

17. At the Dolpa my husband and I went to, there was only one line for the dolls and you chose which one you want when you got to the front. I don't know how the one offs were sold though.

18. Thanks Aimee and Kellyhime!

I am just so excited about everything that's going to be happening in just a few weeks now!!! :o

I've asked a friend to go with me to the store opening and I'm hoping she won't mind waiting in line.

*wants Anais One Off and/or Anais Limited*

19. Kelly,do you remember when they asked you which doll you wanted, is that one of each LEs.. or one doll period. (?)

20. Unfortunately, we didn't get any. My husband had a frustrating wait in the doll line to try to get a doll for a friend of ours, but they ran out of dolls several numbers in front of him. From what it looked like to me, people were able to buy one of each kind, although most only seemed to buy one.