1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Email invitations issued for "Tenshi-no-Sumika in LA&qu

Nov 1, 2005

1. just wondering, has everyone gotten their invites yet? I haven't and now I'm wondering if I'm not getting one... :( I registered late last month... and I never got any response from hotmail saying it didn't go through... if I'm not getting one, this messes my plans up even more :|

2. The invite request emails should all have gone out by now. They had you follow a link to request a real invitation to print out and take to the party on the 19th. ... the applications closed on the 4th, so if you haven't gone to the website and submitted your code and password your application for invitation won't be accepted.

The drawing for *actual* invites is on the 7th and they should let all the people who applied know shortly after that. (If there is a drawing. They seemed to think there was a chance that there would be plenty of room for everyone who wanted one.)

Good luck to everyone planning on going! I hope there are invites for all of you!

FWD

3. I have not received an "application for the reception" yet either. I registered my dolls about a month ago. That's weird and it has me worried ... :(

4. I'm kind of worried for those who haven't gotten their lotto entry forms. I registered about three weeks ago or something... and I got my form right on the first when they started sending them out.

My friend who I'm staying in LA, Mayuka13, registered waaaay before me, and has five dolls she listed. I on the other hand, only had one... but she hasn't got her thing and neither has a couple other people who should have by now.

Volks won't let you email them to ask questions otherwise you get disqualified and I think thats rather unfair to those who aren't even getting the chance... but people who can't go at all ARE getting their entry forms and can't do anything with them.

I'm just frustrated on behalf of my friend, and those who have spent so much money on plane tickets and hotels only to either not get the invite, or not have the chance to get invited at all.

5. I did not receive an invite, or any kind of email. I guess I'm not registered in the club. I was stupid and did not include a picture of my boys (I sent the email from my work). I thought the pictures were optional but it turns out they are required, a friend told me that that's how they tell if your doll is SD or not. I feel stupid, I really wanted to go. :(

6. :o I didn't know that! and I just sent them an email yesterday >.< if my plans keep on changing this much, my mom might just not let me go... :cry:

7. Take a breath, dear, don't despair! The instructions for the email were like this:

READ ME

* If you return to this email, your application will be invalid.
      * This application is limited to the members of SD Owners Club in the USA, Canada, and Mexico.
      * Invitation is chosen by lottery in case there are so many applications.
      * The Invitation E-mail will be sent to the lottery winners on November 7 th (Japan Time).
      Please printed out and bring the Invitation E-mail on the day of the event.
      * Invitation is chosen by lottery in case there are so many applications. Only lottery winners
      are to receive invitation of Opening Reception Party on November 19 th.
      * No inquiry about lottery is accepted.
      * Super Dollfie is for over 15 years old. Thank you for understanding in advance.

And I think what you're getting worried about is the first part, "If you return to this email, your application will be invalid."

First of all, it's talking about replying to the invitaiton email itself--not asking questions period about anything else. It also says that "no inquiry about lottery is accepted" which I assume means that they just won't reply to you. It doesn't say that they will disqualify you anywhere in the email.

I think the "application will be invalid" means that they're not going to accept an EMAILED application, because they want you to send it in via a special link to their website. Volks' English is always a little odd because it isn't their first language, so some things end up sounding alarming or strange when they're really quite simple.

At least, that's what I think. Don't get depressed just yet!

8. I just noticed--Volks has extended the application deadline to November 6 (Japan time).

Eek. That's November 5 in the States. West Coast types still have a few hours. Good luck, everyone.

:D

9. I have to wonder if people who don't own SD's and just own MSD's or Yo's or whatever aren't considered Super Dollfie Owners. Krambear is listed right next to mine, and she only listed two MSD's and didn't get an e-mail. I listed one MSD and didn't get an e-mail.

What does everyone think? I just want the opportunity to be put in the lottery so I atleast feel as though I had a fair chance. Right now I just feel hurt and jilted, :(

10. I own two MSDs. I got the email.

Also, it was pointed out to me that they extended the application period to the 6th, so it's possible you'll still hear from them.

My current angst is that I'm in a group, one of us doesn't yet own a Volks so is ineligible, the other two of us are waiting and hoping that either neither or both of us get in, because it would be a drag, kind of, to go when a close friend was excluded.

11. It sounds like a number of us experienced a problem with the email applications. When I didn't receive mine, I did in fact contact Volks, and they (re-)sent me the email with the links. That time, I did actually get the email.

I am sorry that people hesitated to contact Volks sooner about this. If I'd realized people were refraining from emailing Volks in fear of being disqualified I would have mentioned my experience much sooner. It really does seem like a translation problem regarding Volks' rather ambiguous instructions about handling the email (the "do not return" remark in particular). :(

12. I registered all 5 of my Volks dolls. (3 SDs, 1 SD13, and 1 MSD). I did not get an invite application either. I have checked my e-mail and spam folder everyday. But yes I know the feeling, I do feel hurt and kinda left out. This is just as frustrating as getting a SAG voucher! >;<

13. Aww, I'm sorry some of you are having trouble getting your invites! :( If I could I'd give you mine, I registered one SD on the 30th and got one with everyone else, but can't go.

How very, very strange! :?

14. Well, anyway, right now it's seventh, around six in the mornig in Tokyo.

The invites should be coming soon! I'm so nervous.

15. You and me both! I barely slept last night and am hitting my "check mail" button like every five minutes. I wonder if Volks realizes how much stress they are causing us or even cares...

16. I've been totally spazzing all day, too. *_* It's driving me CRAZY.

17. According to timeanddate.com, it's not even 8 AM in Tokyo.

<chills self>

Let 'em drink their lattes for a second...come on, _joodles...deep, cleansing breaths...give 'em a chance to wake up in Japan...the suspense isn't killing me...no...

:barf

18. OH MY GOD I GOT IN I GOT AN INVITATION! :D :D :D :D

19. Congrats! Anyone else get one yet. Still nothing here.