1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Embarrased of your twins?

Jul 23, 2007

1. I could never be embarrassed by Mykal and Matthew. In fact, I'm proud of them. :) They are my sexy little vampire boys, and no one could ever make me hate them. :)

2. For a long time i never really wanted to get twins/doll of the exact same sculpt- simply because there's so many different beautiful dolls out there and i thought it'd be kind of silly of me to get 2 dolls that looked so much the same! But there's something very facinating about twins- and i have changed!! Now i'm hoping that i will someday be able to get twins, preferably MSdoll twins. I'd mod one of them abit, but force them to wear matching outfits! ^___^

ryochan~~ as long as you can afford to keep your twins, i think you should. They look so adorable! Please let us all know what you decide to do^^

3. I have 2 sets of twins, 1 set of mnf shiwoo's in normal skin 1 girl 1 boy and 1 set of mnf shiwoo elf/vamp twins in white skin, both boys plus another mnf shiwoo who is a boy, I love them all and they all are different. I dont feel bad about it.

4. I'm planning for twins, sort of XD I'm planning for my first two dolls (should be ordering the first soon ^^) and the charaters they are going to be are twins, brother and sister. I've got them planned as different molds, since i didnt want two of the same mold (although i easily could have) and i like how it works better that way.

i've got nothing against people having multiples, and if it worked out for me i'd do it too. It can work really well, depending on the characters and all, i'd think ^^ And hey, sometimes its possible to like the mold THAT much ^.^

5. Thank you all so much for your wonderful support. No, they're not going to have me eating ramen for the rest of the month, but I guess I was feeling that it was just kind of... well... some people articulated it well by saying 'there are so many beautiful dolls out there it would seem a waste to have more than one that's the same'. But I do adore them so much and I've found that I'm somehow MORE fond of them as twins (especially my Choyangbis), like being twins more than doubles their appeal somehow!!

I'd never thought I'd be like that and the 'rational' part of me still thinks it's a bit silly to have more than one of a sculpt, but I do so adore all of them and I don't think I could possibly choose which I like more... or less!

So, unless a disaster comes along and suddenly the money DOES become an issue, I think I will take the very good advice I've had here and keep the lot of them! :aheartbea

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. It truly made me feel a lot better about the decision to keep them all. :lol:

H

p.s. I think I'm going to have to carry a wagon to the next SF meet... my family's getting so biggggggg

6. i don't think i would get twins...though i do love the idea! >.<(seeing as i love twin kids in general) all your dolls look distinct so i can see how it's difficult to part with them! but if you can afford to keep em, why sell them? ^^ dang. now i kinda want to get twins and make them cosplay fatal frame ...

7. I love them. I have Yder-elf twins. And I had another Yder head who was their best friend. I sold him 'cause he didn't have a body and because I knew it'd be easy to get another Yder when I'm ready. I'm not embarassed lol I love Yders and if there is any plans for a tanned or a mnf (I know there won't be but...), I'd probably take them too. I'm a sap for that handsome face. If you adore them, that's all that matters.

8. Bumping this up as I'm curious to hear more people's thoughts about owning more than 1 of the same sculpt (even if the dolls aren't meant to be twins) :)

9. I love twins, so I see no problem. I would happily own two of any of the sculpts I own, i love them all so much. In fact I bought an AiL Elijah because he looks so much like my Bertram who I adore ;) I plan for them to be twins, one light and one dark tho!

10. I have a second Mikhaila coming -- she's in a different skin tone with some different optional parts, but she's the first repeat of a sculpt that I'll have. I don't feel at all guilty about it, but it did cause me to have to really pause and think it through -- was it really worth it to me to have two of the same sculpt -- but in the end, I decided it was. Dolls of the same sculpt can be quite different from each other thanks to the customizableness of abjds. If you love your dolls, I say enjoy them and don't worry about it.

11. I am of the mind that if you love the dolls and want to keep them then you should. Unless there is a very good monetary reason not to do so of course. Even then if you can come up with another way to make the money I would do that first. I have things in my home I would sell before I sold my dolls, things I could make money off of more quickly and that would be easier for me to replace.

I don't exactly have twins but, ah heck they are close enough. I have two JDF summer 2010 event head 1. The biggest difference in them is that they are on different bodies, one being on a JDF body and the other on a Popo doll body. I needed them because I have characters who are brothers that look exactly alike except for their height. I never planned to have two of the exact same doll and I still don't feel like I do. I'm not ashamed of it either.

12. I think it's probably obvious that I have more than one of the same sculpt... *grin*

You get what you like. It's your HOBBY after all.

13. Twins are wonderful. Even when they are accidental. I have two EID Evans, because I just had to. I have a friend here on DoA with I think three EID Chase dolls. Sometimes a mold just appeals to you, and sometimes you get to keep more than one of them. It's a blessing.

14. awe, they just look like a bunch of siblings. There's nothing wrong with it :)

15. I have a few twins around. It never struck me as being a bad thing, or even particularly unusual. Sometimes a sculpt will inspire more than one idea, and in that case, I see no reason to pick and choose between them if they're both important to you, or ideas you want to explore. I find it's interesting to have more than one of the same sculpt simply because you can show the range it can take on very easily this way if you choose to. For instance, I have some 'twins' that one is male, one is now female, and it's interesting to see the 'familial relationship' interpreted in those differing forms.

Obviously, don't ruin yourself financially to accomplish this -- but that's true of any hobby purchase, and not unique to this situation.

16. I have a set of twins, Volks Kurumi and Miruku. Each one has a distinctive look, though, and I feel very fortunate to have them both.

17. After you have twins, triplets comes easy ;)

[​IMG]

Go for it!

18. I'm a twin sister in real life and to me it happened naturally to have some twins dolls, like Soom Heliot or Belladonna NotDoll, nothing wrong with it, as you can simply make from the same mold different characters, so no need to feel strange!

19. I plan on getting a second Cherry sometime in the future (in pink resin though, not tan), simply because Priss is Yumeko's mom. It would only make sense to get the same mold ;)

20. Two of my dolls' characters are twins, but that's really where their similarities end.
      One is going to be a soom/bobobie hybrid with hooves and horns, and the other is a VERY modded bobobie march.
      Personally, I feel that they will be my favorites :D