1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Embarrased of your twins?

Jul 23, 2007

1. and what is wrong with oatmeal and mac and cheese??? <grin>

2. i have been told that we don't choose our children and that in some ethereal realm they choose us...so...welcome home! But warning...I hear twins are a blessing and a handful at the same time <tee hee>

3. I have twins. And was seriously thinking of having triplets of another head, because they worked for the idea I had in mine. My triplets wouldn't have been triplets though, two would have been twins and the third a completely different person apart from it's other twin heads. For the moment I'm content with the one head though, but adore the twins who are actually here and never felt guilty about it. Or thought twice about it either, other then should I get one head now and then the other later. As was mentioned I like how they can look the same but still different, depending on clothing, wigs, eyes, and modifications. And they have different personalities. If you really like something go for it.

4. I would love to have twins! I've always liked the thought about it... buuuut I'd like to take a shot at 'trying-out' different other types of molds instead before I buy the same kind of doll again : D

5. I have a set of twins one is a DZ Mo head on an fdoll body and one is a shiwoo head from Luts on an fdoll body. I love my twins...they are the same and different and I think the idea of twins or triplets is kinda a cool idea. I have been thinking about getting boy and girl twins too.

6. I'm waiting for my tan Bambicrony Emily's twin to show up. She's just the cutest thing ever, so I wanted to have two of them. &#9829;

7. Don't feel bad about it at all - they're all so stunning and if you can afford to keep them all, then keep them all.

I thought that when I bought my Taco, I'd sell the romantic head and just keep the open-eyed head, because my character didn't need both heads. Then the R. head became my character's default head and I'm looking into getting a body for my other head because it's... so... cute... And little twin dragons that hatched from the same egg? Yay!

Doll plans have a habit of going awry when the doll is in hand. Most of the time it's because if you've fallen for the sculpt, well, then you've fallen for the sculpt.

8. I say keep them, they ARE adorable.

Never meant to get twins either, but my first doll ended up being two of the same mold, just with slightly different eye sculpts. The next doll I want to get? Same as before: limited heads.

Methinks I see a pattern. xD

9. Actually down the road I plan on making an elder sister (and eventually a younger sister as well) for my DD, and she'll end up having the exact same head sculpt, hair and eye color. It's so interesting to see just how different the same sculpts can be interpreted simply by a change of hair and eye style, let alone different faceups and bodies.

Now while my situation is more of a "I only have 4 head styles to choose from and I happen to like that one the most" more than a "I really want more than one of this sculpt", there isn't anything wrong with the latter situation- because like what was previously said earlier the same head can be interpreted so many different ways and can give off completely different personalities.

10. Actually, I had the opposite problem. I love my twins, but I had someone try to make me feel guilty for having both a Glot and Glati. She kept telling me that I was crazy to blow my money on 2 dolls who are exactly the same. I got really mad because #1 it's my choice, #2 their characters are fraternal twins who have a strong family resembalence, #3 they have different bodies (one is male, the other is female) and I gave them unique custom faceups, so they don't even look like the same doll

11. I have no problem with twins and if you love the dolls, owning more than one of the same mold is fine. I actually ended up with twins unknowingly because I didn't know that the boy and girl version of one mold had different names. I ended up selling one of the twins but rehoming her in a similar but slightly different mold from the same company. My only reason being that I like doing my own faceups and enjoy working on as many different sculpts as possible.

12. I used to have Pukifee Ante twins, and actually...I'm kind of planning on doing that again. I had the idea of keeping a Pukifee Ante modded faceplate instead of the default, but I have fallen in love with the default so much that I think the two will share a body until I can afford a second. ;)

If you love a mold, I do not see anything wrong with having multiples of it. In fact, I think it makes more sense to do it that way!

13. I don't think you should be ashamed at all! Twins and multiples occur in real life, so why shouldn't they occur within the doll hobby? :)

I have fraternal twin dolls planned, though I can def' see owning more than one of the same sculpt. Honestly, if I had the $$$ I would buy YoSD Megu, Sara and Nana so I can have one of each of the Four Sisters. :XD: Will only do that if I win the lotto, though. :lol:

14. I don't have twins but I own 4 of the same sculpt (I mean 5...I always forget the 5th one :sweat ). I get made fun of a lot to tell you the truth, but I honestly don't care XD
      I mean really, they look fabulous on the shelf next to each other, so what else matters?? I couldn't get rid of any of them, not even the head, and I can't even promise I won't get more! If you like a sculpt enough to buy it again, why not?

15. If I suddenly found myself in possession of four dolls that, while supposed to be the same, look very different, I'd just say to myself "Oh well", and keep them all. As long as you've got all the bills paid, and all the important stuff under control, you're good. Relax. Keep them all!

If I found myself with a semi-large family (maybe 8+ dolls?) I'd be kind of proud... and a little arrogant. I can be like that sometimes.

16. Nothing wrong with twins! I saw the KDF Ani sculpts and fell in love with BOTH boy and girl. I couldn't decide which one I liked more, so I just decided to make my first bjd TWINS! I plan to purchase them next month. ^_^

17. I would rather see someone have 'duplicates' of a mold, and enjoying them, then multiple dolls of different sculpts, unsatisfied with their purchases. No reason to be guilty about liking what you like, as long as the liking part isn't unhealthy.

I'm also biased towards twins. I love them! Just because they're two of the same mold doesn't mean they're two of the same doll! You can still have intense fun with both of them. Or... all four, in the case of quintuplets. :)

18. I have two DoT Ducans. They aren't twins and are completely different. One has robot mods and the other is normal, and I love them. I also plan on getting twin minifee boys. Nothing wrong at all with having more than one doll of the same sculpt! If you had 20 dolls and they were all the same, moors power to you. Though i think i would personally find it funny. But I still wouldn't judge someone who loves a sculpt so much.

19. Do not feel bad, there are many more out there who have Glot and Glati :-) I am one of them plus a spare head just in case LOL LOL

the two of them may share the same mold they are no way the same

I have probably 6 sets of twins, 2 triplets and 5 YES FIVE of a particular mold. LOL LOL I may be nuts but I like them all

20. I love twins and see nothing wrong with owning two dolls of the same sculpt to be twins, I think it's a lovely idea. :]