1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Embarrased of your twins?

Jul 23, 2007

1. If you like a sculpt, you like a sculpt. Me, I have three grey Soom Euclases at home and one NS on order. I just really like his features. ^^;

2. No, BF Louis is my favourite mould and I'm looking forward to owning a SD and yo-sd version too c: I've never found a mould that I love as much as that.

3. While I never really thought of really getting 2 identical molds I do not see why it would bring guilt ^^

I already have fraternal twins but I'm selling them to get another pair of the the same mold (one normal, the other dreaming).
      The other pair I had already thought of getting the same mold but was hoping to find a different one... so now thay are identical twins :P
      I already have the "normal" head home and I'm waiting on the dreaming one~
      As you can read I still try to get them different, but they are still basically the same sculpts :B
      Might get more in the future, but as much as I like twins these ones are the most important ones in my "stories"~

Even if I got more, it would be more a problem of : "WTH will I do with you??" then : "Who should I keep?", "Should I keep you?", guilt-tripping~

One reason I like faceplates a lot~ if becasue you can have plenty of the same without taking space~
      One day I'll have an army of faceplates. Right now I have one :B

4. I'd buy another DT Ganga so they could be twins, in fact I'd buy two of any of the Dollstown dolls I love 'em so much!

5. I see absolutely nothing wrong with having twin dolls or collecting a particular sculpt. What attracts you attracts you, period.

At this point, I have two Crobi Lances, two Soom Chalcos, five MNF Shushus, and an F-16 that has a SwD SchA twin. I like what I like, anyone else can deal with it. I'm not going to change my collecting habits to suit other people. :daisy

6. Haha. Yea, thank GOD they don't need food ^^' As if the amount of money purchasing them weren't enough. =.=''

Hmm... I rwouldn't feel "embarrassed" if it were me who had more than one of the same doll but I guess... I will feel a little bit guilty to myself, only. I'd probably think something along the line like "omgosh there're so many more gorgeous dolls out there waiting for me. Why do I buy two of the same??". But seriously, if I really loved the mold and needed it badly for some characters then there's nothing wrong with that. It's my own money, I've sweated for it so I'm allowed to use it for my own fun in whatever way I want. Tihi. I think that's good enough reason.

7. I'm sorry to hear this.

Sometimes, I find that doll owners believe they can 'police' other collectors, especially when a collection contains limited edition dolls. To some dollers out there, owning two of the same limited sculpts is aggravating to them because it 'takes two more dolls out of the potential market pool'. However, dolls are not collective property unless bought by a collective; they belong to individual owners, no matter how valuable a doll may be or what the owner intends to do with that doll. There was a similar line of discussion regarding these sorts of issues in the 'when is it not okay to modify a doll' thread. I believe its in the Debate forum, if you're interested in further reading.

Again, my stance on twins is that if it's your dollar, your dolls, you have every right to 'go nuts' in any way you want. Make yourself happy. Don't pay out money for other peoples' ideas of fun. You know?

(I also have a friend who has like, seven Euclases. She worked hard for all of them, and I constantly see her on the Market sniping out more. It's her favourite mold; Euclase is a doll with friendly, interesting and prominent features. She doesn't consider her money 'thrown away'. More like well spent! ;).)

8. I just got my twins last month, they are identical and meant to be identical. I always wanted different face sculpts for them though. I always thought they would have different sculpts, but I couldn't decide on one for Ani.. and so I debated the sleepy Pado sculpt for one of them.. but the sculpt always looked pained to me..

So I wound up with the same sculpt and I don't regret it at all. They look alike but the faceups give them the different personalities I was wanting when looking for the different sculpt for Ani. It's definitely worked out.

Though I'd always had it in the back of my mind, if it hadn't worked out I'd sell the head and buy another I had been debating over for Ani.. I feel bad having a backup plan for him rather than being sure of my choice.

That and I had actually planned to buy the extra head in case, had I had the money.

9. If you like it, you like it. And as long as you're keeping up with what needs to be kept up with (bills, kids, pets... xD ) I don't see a reason to feel guilty.

10. I have a set of twins planned out to get at some point with the same mold but different styles/face-ups. The characters are twins, and so it will fit them well! I see nothing wrong with owning twins, triplets, etc. If you love a mold, you love a mold. I'd own more Delphines if I could find her- she's my favorite mold of all time. I have seen one person here that owns three, as a matter of fact.

Anyways! The point is that no one should feel guilty about this. Part of the great thing of the doll-collecting hobby is that you collect what you want. If you want to collect as many of the same mold as possible, by all means do it! If you want a variety, then good! It's all up to the person buying the dolls so long as they take care of life necessities first.

Oh, and I have a Soom Shale & Adamelli coming. While they have different face-ups/eyes/wigs... they're basically the same mold. Do I feel guilty? Not one bit!

11. I love Re-Che, so I'm going to have two: one is my tan limited version, and one will be a basic edition. I'm also planning on two Iplehouse Vitos- one in one resin tone, and one in another. I don't give a crap about getting two of the same sculpt- so long as something is different (i.e., resin colour, or the sculpt itself- like closed mouth or open mouth/eyes etc.). In the case of my planned Vitos, the resin colour is enough difference to make them absolutely worth getting. I'm generally not inclined to feel guilty about my dolls, especially when I'm aching from working all day this summer to save up enough for them and a new car...

12. Due to a really bad mix up on the company's part I ended up with twins and due to great luck I was able to score a limited head from a dealer, So I have 3 siblings that look like siblings XD . Trust me I know about having a set mind on having one sculpt of doll and everything gets up on it's head XD So now I have a Mo2 and a Mo3 as well as a SD Mo from dollzone and they all are very different XD

13. That sort of happened to me; I got a head to replace the original one I had gotten with my Afra (I didn't like his faceup at first), but by the time it came, I had already "Bonded" with the first head, and then by the time I got around to selling the second head, I had bonded with it, too! >.< So now I have one and a third dolls, LOL. (Part of the reason I decided to keep the second head was actually because I realized that it would be cheaper and easier to just buy a body for it and keep it, rather then moving on to the next doll on my wishlist. X3)

14. I never really intended to have twins, but I fell in love with Unoa Sist so I got her when they ran the pre-order. A year later, Crescent Shop ran a Unoa Boy pre-order. It had been awhile since they ran the last one so I jumped on the chance to make a Unoa Sist Boy. I initially intended on having a modded Unoa Sist boy faceplate, but the mod ended up very strange so they currently have the same faceplate.

15. I totally agree that there is no reason to feel guilty or embarrassed about buying twins. Just because you have two of the same sculpt is no reason to sell one, unless you don't really want two. If you love them, keep them.

I love Unoas. Can't get enough of them. I have 2 Lusis and 2 Sist. They have faceups by different artists, so to me they are completely different dolls. I also have 2 Limho Mono and 2 JID Asa. They have different resin colors. Again, they look like completely different dolls. Would I keep them even if they looked the same? Why not? Different eye colors, wig styles and clothing emphasize their individuality. Iplehouse just released a third JID Asa faceup. I am sorely tempted to add her to the family. After all, there is nothing wrong with triplets, is there?

16. ^ Or quadruplets, or sextuplets, quintuplets. I'm sure you'd agree.

17. I see absolutely nothing wrong with twins or triplets or what have you! I have triplets myself, though, technically, they are slightly different. I fell in love with Luts Delf Angel Elf Soo back when she was just released. When I got her home, I had to have Dark Elf Soo. And, after that, I had to have the regular human Soo. They are all slightly different, but ultimately just a variation of the same sculpt. Oh, and I intend on getting MNF Soo and MNF Dark Elf Soo :D I've been enjoying my Soo girls for over 7 years and don't feel an ounce of guilt.

18. I don't think you need to feel guilty even if you had a ton of the same sculpt. The same sculpt can looks really different and even if they don't, if you enjoy them, that's all that matters.

#78 skyf, Jun 24, 2011
      Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    19. I have to say~ I LOVE TWINS. My first dolls are twins. I like to make them so similar but still so different. >A< Black and white, saint and devil are my favourites~

20. My thing is never the exact same doll twice EXCEPT for one set of twins who happen to be prize heads my sister and I won. SHe's not a doll person so her Jareth gets to hang with my Taffy all the time. No guilt, no worries, just thoughts of how the the only rule breakers are because of something special.

Don't worry about twins, love them both. I'll always remember seeing a photo story where someone had twins of a sculpt I have, their matching but different color outfits were so cute my doll wanted one so he could join the club.