1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Embarrased of your twins?

Jul 23, 2007

1. Well, I think it's fine so long as you love the sculpt and besides, I think it's special though I don't think would be having twin dolls unless I don't have any other dolls on my wishlist XD

2. As one with a pair of identical twins, it's hard not to want two of the same face sculpt when it's so handsome.
      My identical twin Bernards by Dollshe. Face ups by good friend, BJDLovem here on DOA.
      [​IMG]
      Meet Zachary & Gabriel. I can tell them apart even before face ups were done.

3. I wont be embarressed with a twin, i think they looked cool. There was a chance to buy a twin for my little girl, but i passed that cox i did not really have the money to do so. I but regretful cox she is really a cute kid ^_^

4. Actually I am faced with this problem just recently as I have twin Volks F-01s and a School A and Masha. Now, School A is very different to me from Masha but even doll owners seem to have gotten confused with them both. I felt like I had 2 sets of twins now? It bothered me so I just ended up selling Masha as I like her less than School A. Thing is since I have sold my Masha, she left a hole in the 'world' I am starting to build for them so needless to say that School A may be in danger of getting sold too but I don't see it happening yet I guess. I like her a lot but I really dislike the body she is in. T__T But it is the only body that would suit her big head.

She feels really out of place in the family now. +_+ Aurgh.

Anyway, I just bought a Suiseiseki to replace Masha and I want to get a Luna to pair with her. I think it will be alright once I get her. Perhaps I can somehow fit School A into the 'story' still.

5. If I made twins for character purposes or because I loved the doll so much I wanted two, I wouldn't feel guilty or embarrassed. Of course, they would have to have different faceups at the very least, because if they were fully identical except for their clothes there wouldn't be much point. I think the fun of twins if having one good and one evil. lol

6. this is my twins
      red and scott

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

7. Nothing to be ashamed of.. I love the idea of having twins.
      I have some in progress myself :)

8. I have a twin planned for Nadeko (but she'll be in sunlight and have a different wig and faceup), the only thing that's making me feel guilty about it is that she'll be so much more expensive than Nadeko was but she's my favorite mold so I don't think it's waste to get two of the same doll.

9. Lovely twins, bingsbjds and animemom.

I don't feel embarrased of my twins, I got a set of identical (well, they have different looking wigs and very different clothing style). Its all up to the faceup and how one dresses them, the same mold can look totally different. I should now, since I've got 9 Els. ;)

10. I've had both a Present Ren and an NT Ren for 6 years now, and I never feel bad about it at all. They look a lot different, for one thing (sleepy-eyed WS versus open-eyed tan), and it was my favorite headmold at the time I got them so I saw no reason not to have two. I was actually gunning for a Soulmate Ren as well, but was never able to find one.

Now I've just acquired a School C girl, having had a School C boy for 5 years. I was a bit worried that they'd look too similar and I wouldn't like it (they're not related), but the faceups are different enough that you can barely tell it's the same doll. Plus the whole different genders thing.

Neither set of my "twins" is remotely related, but even with that I'm not the slightest bit embarrassed. What do I care? I love those molds and I want more than one to stare at.

11. My twins were originally CP Nanuri 2006 sculpts but are now CP Jess sculpts. I'm very happy with my twins and don't feel the least bit embarrassed. Your dolls should make you happy.

[​IMG]

12. Oh my I have two sets of twins and they do not look much alike. I like the sculpts so much. I have two IMda Natassa dolls and Two Volks Kun dolls and at one point I had two Volks Nono dolls.... Its kind of neat to have two :)

13. Oh, your twins are lovely! :aheartbea

I would never be able to part with any of my twins. My "multiples" are sculpts that I unexpectedly fell in love with, and I'm definitely not going to let go of them any time soon, or ever! I honestly think they're nothing to feel guilty about, as long as you're not burying yourself in debt. :P

And don't feel guilty about having a big family, either! The more, the merrier, and don't mind other people. You know yourself best, and you know if you're not giving your kids enough love. Enjoy having all your resin kids! :aheartbea

14. embarassed of my twins?! For shame!

[​IMG]

Love them to death!

15. I plan on getting twins (Angell Studio Ty and Rone-same sculpt, shown in different skin colors and face-up), and don't think there's any reason to be embarrased about owning twins, just look at all of the beautiful ones in this thread! I think it's fairly common in this hobby for one collector to own multiples of the same sculpt.

16. Lets see, I have a handful of Els, Delf down to Littlefee, and a handful of Shiwoos, Delf down to Pukifee. I also have a Dark Human and Dark Elf Soo. No one is painted alike, save for both Shiwoo vampires, but one is white and one is normal. They're not twins either. Suppose to be the same character but that changed when they got back home!

But I do have identical twins planned. They won't be painted the same, due to personalities, but they'll be the twins!

So no, not odd for have twins...

17. Right now, I have two FreakStyle Pucks (making your own doll has its advantages) and I love how they look together. If I had the money to buy multiple versions of the other sculpts I own, I totally would! When you love a face-mold, why wouldn't you?

18. Here are my twins! I adore them, and I'm definitely glad I got two of each sculpt.

SD Kun twins
      [​IMG]

and my Custom House Ange Ai Hani twins:
      [​IMG]

19. I love the idea of twins! I actually have plans for a set of twins and triplets. I have a Pukifee Bonnie girl and a Pukifee Ante girl and I am planning to get another of each with the Sweet Bunny faceups (so slightly different...). I also want to get another default Bonnie and make a Bonnie boy!

My feeling is, if you love the sculpt and you can afford it, do what pleases you! (I am also guilty of dressing my dolls similarly, so I am perhaps further obsessed by twin-ness(?))

20. I always love twins boys. I'm about to have a set a twins Soom Wolf boys coming, I'm so excited. They are the same Soom character, Soom Wolf the Knight but have completely different facial expression.