1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Embarrased of your twins?

Jul 23, 2007

1. From time to time I fantasize with the idea of having a couple of twin boys but that would end up with my rule of not having more than one sculpt from each company but I think twins are a great idea!
      No one should be embarrassed of twins as they shouldn't be embarrassed of any other doll.
      So please, everyone, enjoy your twins, take a lot of pictures and then post it in the gallery so I can see yours while I can only dream about mine ^w^

2. I'm not embarrassed of mine at all. I don't have two of the same doll, but I do have similar molds representing fraternal twins in one case (Bobobie Sprite and Espree) and siblings close in age in the other case (Resinsoul Mei and Fei.) I enjoy writing and storytelling for my dolls, and having family relationships is part of that. I don't see anything negative in how I chose to represent it. :)

3. I have four of the same sculpt - two of them twins, one an older sister, and the last a cousin. I see no problem with that - they're all on different bodies and the twins are the only two painted alike, but even if they were all the same and that's what I wanted, then that's what I wanted.

As for too many dolls - yes indeedy . I have 50 BJD's now and my SD-sized family is far larger than I ever intended it to be (currently at thirteen SD size, a DollsTown 7Year, two MSD's, a Baby Delf, and Petite Ai).. not to mention the ones that aren't part of that family.
      Teddy

4. I have 2 dolls that are the same sculpt but were sold as two different characters - AngellStudio Ty & Rone. They are brothers - & they really do look different (Rone is tan, for one thing). I didn't realize they were the same sculpt when I ordered them, but I don't care.

5. I have multiple dolls of the same sculpt that differ slightly.

My Soom teenies (Beyla and R.Beyla) are twins, one is just the romantic(smaller eyes) head but they don't look alike except for the eyes (both are green)

I'm a huge fan of Switch Soseo and I have two of them but their characters are not twins, they also look completely different because of their face ups, style and skin color (one is normal skin and the other one is brown skin).

All in all, I love my "twin" dolls, I don't feel embarrassed of them.

6. I haven't gotten my twins yet (halfway there!) but I'm planning on doing different version of the same sculpt (Harucasting Adori and Smiling Adori separately). I might add in a third one too, in a slightly different skin tone, as a younger brother or sister, but I haven't decided yet

7. Haha, never. I have a set of twins (Limhwa Limho Mono), and then my triplet boys (Soom Dia/Sard).
      Wouldn't want to miss a single one of them.

8. My daughter and I are planning on getting the same mold and making them twins with slight differences. I prefer the darker make ups and she prefers the more natural. Same mold 2 totally different personalities. But isn't that had twins are?

9. Not always - a friend very carefully didn't expect her identical twin sons to be alike, and was upset, years later to learn that they were very much alike but had acted/behaved differently because they thought she didn't want them to be alike. Some twins can be very alike in character.

Teddy

10. I unintentionally acquired a pair of twins, one is normal skin, the other is white skin. The second one is my grail doll although they're of the same mold. They do have different faceups. I can't get myself to sell the other one, so I just decided to keep both and make them into twins. I also got some similar clothing and one of these days, I'll photograph them together. Pretty excited to do that!

11. I have triplet CustomHouse St. Minas. Now that Luts has acquired CH, I would love to own a fourth in tan skin...

No shame.

12. I don't see why there would be any shame. They're your dolls. Why does everyone care so much about what other people think?

13. I love twins!!!! And if we collect other dolls as I am sure most of us do, we have many versions of the same doll for them.