1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT TENSHI-NO-SUMIKA LOS ANGELES!!!!

Sep 14, 2005

1. Well like I've told everyone else you never know until you try! I think if you really want to apply for the job you have to consider are you willing to give up other aspects of your life for it? Are you willing to pick up and move all the way to California? It really depends on a lot of factors^^

2. Good luck guys! I hope someone who loves Volks dolls gets the job.
      :daisy
      (this sounds so dorky on afterthoughht.. what are they going to do? hire someone afraid of dolls? don't mind me...)

3. Though I'm not fluent in Japanese, I'm passable, and I can certainly do web design (Though I never do it for myself.. too lazy XD; )

Sadly, while it would be fun, and I'd considered moving out there again, I highly doubt the job would pay enough to warrant it.. my current job, though uninteresting and located in a crappy-ass little town, pays very well and I'm not quite ready to deal with the cost of living out in LA again >_<;

Good luck to all who apply, however ^^

4. Oh, that cleared a lot of it up for me. Thanks ^^; Though, I haven't worked in an actual store (well except a family's salon)...It'd be sad to have them refer me >.< But I should put together what I could get, right?

EDIT: Er...my dad talked me out of it. *sigh* Hopefully I'll atleast get to go to the opening! :(

5. I actually mentioned the job to my boyfriend and his serious response was "Go for it! If you get it I'll relocate to LA too"

:love

(I am not applying simply because to break a lease / leave my job of 8 years to move the opposite side of the country with someone I just started living with is too risky in my opinion. But when my lease is up next summer.....who knows?)

6. I imagine the language and web design won't be a stumbling block for most people. They are going to need full staff for the store, and I think they're probably looking up to double up on some roles. So instead of hiring a separate web designer they can get a clerk who also does the Volks english website. I imagine they want at least one person, probably a manager, who speaks Japanese well enough to be a liason with the main offices. They probably only need one of each. The guy who locks up on Saturday probably won't need any of it.

I really wish they'd open one in NYC! I'd totally work part time or on weekends just for an employee discount! ^_^

FWD

7. I wished I lived in California sometimes...but then again living there might be too expensive...

8. Did anyone hear back yet? I was wondering if you heard anything at all once you submitted an application?

I am worried - I know they stopped accepting applications October 1, correct?

9. Did you email an application in? One thing I've noticed is that Volks takes a LONG time to reply to their emails. @_@; If they had a phone number in the US, give it a ring, otherwise, you can try emailing, or you'll just have to be patient. They're probably filtering through hundreds of emails.

10. I wouldn't call. It's kind of bad form. They'll email you if they want to interview, but it could take awhile.

11. Its not bad form to call for an interview. i've been told in several business classes that after a week passes from when you turn in your application/resume you should call.

I hope someone on DOA gets a job there. that would be awesome.

12. Actually, generally the only way people will take notice of your resume or application is if you call. @_@; I've placed tons of applications, and only the ones that I've called to check up on have actually gotten me a job. Calling makes you seem like you're interested and like you actually want the job.

Course, no one will ever know what kind of people Volks' wants to hire until it happens.

13. Gahhh...I know a fair amount of Japanese and can do web design but I live in Northern California :( Curses..

14. >< Well... looks like I'll just have to turn in an application NEXT time they're hiring. I turned it in about 3 days before the deadline (it took awhile to get all my references in order), then today I got an email... Saying that my email bounced. Either I mistyped it... Which it doesn't seem to be because I just double checked. OR (what I think happened) gmail decided to act funky... It's only ever done that once before and that was for a message that really didn't matter. Why does this happen now? *sigh*

Normally I'd just resubmit but it's several days past the deadline.

15. Indeed!