1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

English Lessons from Volks for well wishes!

Aug 20, 2005

1. I take no offence that's why I said if everyone felt comfortable that's what we could do and obviously you do not and that's fine. I had no idea we could do what Kellyhime suggested as I did not see it as an option on Make a Wish's website but yes that is a much better way to go about donating as a group. I shall inform Make a Wish that members of DoA will be donating.

I have sent Make a Wish an e-mail through there contact option that DoA members will be donating and I have asked them to keep track of how much we donate. Although we won't know if they will until they reply which could take up to 5 businesses according to their contact page.

2. My family donates to a lot of charities, and Make-A-Wish was on that list a few times, usually around Christmas. ^^ I'm always really glad to hear about wonderful things happening to people in less-than-wonderful health or circumstances.
      I really hope Tenshi no Sato and Dolpa is everything she dreamed of and more! though, I'm sure the trip to Japan alone will be that.
      Have fun, Sarah! <3<3

3. (*___*) Thanks so much!!! I was so sad when I couldn't read it! (^_____^) Thank you! ::glomp::

That's so sweet... ::sniff:: It's so nice, they were so good to you! (^__^) It sounds like such a fun trip for you! I'm happy for you. (^_^)

4. Hello everyone!
      Thank you for the sweet replies.
      I am so sorry, I did not realize the letters came out so funny. The Kanji keyboard was hard for me to use.
      I just got home tonight. I am still in a daze from all the wonderful events.
      Toppi made it home safely on the airplane too :]

Judy- My FCS Doll will be named Elise. She is a suntanned SD, with a f16 head. She has the larger bust single torso and long limbs. I already know her personality too! She doesn't take things for granted.

Sarah

Thanks again everyone.

5. Ah! That's why I couldn't see it. (^___^)

I'm glad I was able to read it though, it sounds like a great time...!

Are you keeping her name Toopi? I think it's such a cute name! (^_^)

Glad you had such fun. Be well Sarah, and I hope your Dears are nice and not too ornery! (^__^)

(Whooooo! Kanji keyboard? What are they like? x3)

Sounds so fun. (^_^) Hey, what was the president of Volks like, and mikey? So she was nice too?! Aww!

That's so neat a thing to been able to do!!! :daisy

6. Mortimer- Mikey 's Her english is very good because she went to school in Oklahoma. Her two brothers are there right now actually.
      The president was so friendly. You can tell he really believes in everything the company stands for. He speaks loudly and clearly.

I am not sure if Toppi will stay Toppi. It just might! Akari-san said her father was trying to think of a cute childish name. He finally chose "Toppi" because little girls in japan say it when they are playing :]

Its interesting to know that he makes some of the names. So that is why we have not heard of some of them!

The kanji keyboard looked a lot like a normal one. But it had two different japanese letters and a roman letter on each key. I had to press capslock to type in roman characters! I'm sure there was a different way but the computer happened to be in Japanese.

Sarah

7. Wow! That's so neat to hear! (^___^) I'm so jealous! I'm happy you had such a nice time! A family business huh?

Is that what Toppi means!? OMG that's the cutest ever. x3 If you need help with Japanese name choosing should you decide not to keep Toppi, ask me and I'll help ya!

It'd be so nice to talk to him and hear all of it, so neat!
      Whoooo! Kanji computer! Spiffy! x3

Neat!!! So excited for you! And I can't wait to see your F16 girl! ::pokes:: You better post sooooo many pictures!

You've posted of Toppi yet? I'm going to go stalk the gallery. x3 Err... wait... you don't have Toppi yet?

Confused already. x3

8. Hehe, Toppi is right here! She is sitting in her new kimono accross the room :)
      I'm not sure if I want to keep Toppi. At first I thought I'd change it but it's kind of stuck!
      Yep, Mikey translated. The President only speaks Japanese, except for "Hello" and stuff :D But it was still easy to understand his meaning because he is very expressive.

I certainly will be posting Elise-f16 in the gallery! I can't wait to be able to show her off :grin:

Sarah

9. Oooo when do you get her or do you have her already? I can't wait to see her I think we're all just as excited as you.

10. You have no idea how excited I am to see pictures.. >w<;;

Actually.. It may not have been my place to have done so, but the other day, after reading your story, I sent an email to volks, thanking them for their kindness and for being so wonderful (I was crying when I read the story and when writing the email T-T; <-- so emotional) to you..

I got a reply back yesterday from Mr. Shigeta, and the letter was amazingly heartwarming.. I'm not sure if I should post it here or not, but suffice it to say, yes, he really does believe very strongly in the idea behind Super Dollfie, and he was very touched by the whole experience... He spoke very fondly of spending time with you, Sadie >w< It seems his sincere wish is that the wonderful experience with Super Dollfie will be positive healing for you..

... but you know, truth be told, I've been rather depressed the last two weeks because of things happening to and around me, and this story really helped make me feel a lot better-- hearing about your wonderful experience there really helped me, too.

If anything, this has increased my love of Volks tenfold.. XD;; I hope one day I get to go thank them in person >w<

Also, Elise sounds amazing @o@ Now I'm going to be checking the gallery every day XD;;

11. Just reading this thread alone makes me feel like I'm going to cry. Sarah, I am so happy that you were able to live your dream and have a wonderful time with Volks. Toppi and Elise must be beautiful.

This just proves what a wonderful company Volks is. They truly understand the love and healing their dolls can bring. Their kindness and caring really shows us the heart of the company.

*Gives Volks, the DoA members, and especially Sarah a big hug* Thank you Volks, thank you DoA members, and congratulations Sarah. :grin: :daisy :chibi :D

12. Sarah-chan--

WOW! A suntanned girl!F-16? Cool, cool, cool! Is Volks doing the face-up? What kind of style, what color eyes? What's her fashion sense like? Is she dramatic, Loli-goth, girl-next-door, kimono-type, tomboy type?

Looking forward to meeting Elise in person. Isn't it funny how sometimes you can feel their personalities develop even before they arrive? That's happened to me too. Maybe they are just eager to join us...

8)

13. Hehe! Maybe one day we will meet-- cross continent! ;)
      I was so surprised that I already could tell about Elise's personality, I haven't felt anything like that before. Her eyes are dark greyish-- I forgot the number, sorry! And she has a w-100 33t wig. She's going to be practical and a little tomboyish. No frilly dresses for this girl! Volks is going to do her face-up. I asked for darkish lips, blushed cheeks and angular eyebrows.
      I think she must be eager :)
      Volks talked a lot about that, how the dolls' personalities are really manifestations of ourselves. And its really true!

Sarah

14. Sarah, I am so happy to hear about your beautiful experience in Japan . . . I am also misty-eyed, it was very moving to hear about your trip and the wonderful people who made it possible.

I can't wait to see your new girls!!!

**HUGS**

-- Andi <3

15. it really proves there are good ppl out there, and a big company can actully care.

16. Oh, wow! :D That must've been so much fun! I can't wait to see your pictures!

17. That's so cool!!!

Sadie, you're so cute XDD

I can't wait to see your pictures >w<!!

I just read the message Volks sent to the dealers who gave you stuff too.. wah.. so much good happy feelings.. Haha, I'm crying at work again XD;;;

18. I'm so happy for you Sadie *hugs* your story has touched me. I ws trying to organize some sort of group donation to Make a Wish in thanks for being so kind to you. They haven't replied to my e-mail I sent them about it but I'm sure there very busy. I'm going to go ahead a make my donation and I hope other DOA members do the same.

19. Those pictures are wonderful! Sarah, you really are cute!