1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Environmentally friendly/safe resin

Dec 15, 2009

1. I think by decomposing they might mean something like with certain old hard-plastic fashion dolls from the 50's and 60's. Collectors live in fear of this decomposition, usually prefigured by a vinegar smell. It's known as hard-plastic "virus" or "disease" because one doll that is has this mould like condition can pass it on to the plastic of another and the decomposition can be quite fast (over the space of a year or so maybe).

Fashion dolls from the 70's and 80's made from more flexible plastics have a parts that begin to melt where they touch another type of plastic, say where the very soft flexible leg tops touch the rigid moulded body. I have heard that this can happen with Blythes too (?).

Having said that so many of these dolls survive intact with no sign of withering or melting, so I imagine our resin lovelies will be around for some time yet... even if they have gone banana coloured!

2. I did a quick look around and there's a "Multi-Chem" in Texas that seems to have a Calgary branch.
      But there is a "Multichem" in Canada, one in Quebec and one in Ontario that seem to be part of the Canadian branch of unipex (since their website keeps redirecting me there and all >BU), which does seem to have some focus on environment... So it's possible they make enviro resin. I don't know though... It could be from China ^^; Although I don't know why they'd lie about it?

but anyway, bumping this because I want to know about what recent owners have to say about enviro resin

3. I just honestly HATE the look of both environmental and French resin and I won't buy dolls made of it. I like the matte look and texture of regular resin.

4. I just found this thread and am wondering.

Just today I browsed on Lilycat's Homepage for her Cerise Dolls (these catlookish ones) and found an entry where she experimented with bilogic resin.
      http://www.lillycat.net/wordpress/2011/09/lillycat-vs-evil-bioresin-from-hell/
      (I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here or not.If now I'll remove it. just let me know^^)

if this is the same or a similar resin like this thread is about I have to say it's nothing I would get in the first place if I wanna shell a character, human ect. cause this doesn't really look 'natural' BUT if I'm going to get a doll for the sake of the doll I would really appericate it.
      This transculent look is really awesome!

If this resin and the threads resin don't have to do with each other I'm sorry for stepping in. ^^''

5. This is interesting. But like St. James said, this is indeed a gamble like many aspects of this hobby. And decomposing...that freaks me out. I want them to last forever and go to the grave with me. Except that in Singapore, you must be cremated. My poor dollies.

6. I don't know if this is the same resin or not, but that doll is that colour because it was a test and she didn't mix in the colour additive that gives resin it's colour. You'd have to do that with any resin ^^;

7. Maybe this bioresin is this stuff described here?

If it were I'd be impressed, though. Resin made of sunflower and soya oil.

8. What is the difference between French environmental resin and "regular" resin in terms of texture, hue, finish, durability, color absorption/color changing, etc.? Please note what colors you are comparing with French environmental vs. "regular," as well as which resin type you prefer.
      I am particularly interested in hearing what people who have ordered from LoongSoul have to say about their different resin types, including the changes between closeness and distance in difference between their two resins. I am planning on buying my first LoongSoul sculpt from them soon (BinBin!)

9. I think I'd purchase an environmentally friendly doll over a non-environmentally friendly doll. However, that being said, the more environmentally friendly doll, will it be cheaper because of it's more "natural" ingredients?

10. No, the production costs are actually a little more expensive. I don't know why. Perhaps because it is a less common resin product?
      The difference in cost are negligible, however, and you'll hardly notice it in the final asking price of a doll.