1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

EOSdoll (formerly Limhwa) Discussion

May 29, 2011

1. i ended up asking them and they say that the cheapest shipping was UPS and$66.... I guess we'll see when the package shows up end of next week :s It's just so weird to me, because going by the SD17 sized box i sent last month (that cost that much to send to Canada), and the 5 pound weight listed on the tracking, it should have cost 42-something. Oh well, lesson learned i guess.

2. Lirin, congrats on getting the doll you wanted, sorry to hear about you getting overcharged for shipping and handling fees.

Here's my own Limhwa doll, with his new lips:

[​IMG]

3. oh wow, he's gorgeous!! <3

4. Thank you very much, you are too kind. (:

5. my limhwa girl arrived today! she showed up without the dress and shoes that were listed as 'included' when i bid... I found her a dress to borrow, but it seems she'll need her own wardrobe, being such a different shape. the previous owner put moleskin on the visible parts of the joints, NOT the joint cups, so i took that off. Now there's a sticky residue. Is it safe to use isopropyl alcohol on the tan resin. It must be, right?

she's beautiful, though, a whole lot of presence. the next step is to take her apart and clean her completely. Considering wiring her for stability in the torso, anyone done that?

snapshots:
      [​IMG]IMG_0153 by victorian ennui, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_0151 by victorian ennui, on Flickr

#445 Lirin, Jul 6, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    6. She is beautiful Lirin, congratulations! I use 91% isopropyl alcohol to clean my resin dolls all the time, but I don't own any tanned ones.
      If it helps any, I don't believe it would damage the resin itself. However, I have no knowledge on whether it would affect the coloring -- although, I doubt it would,
      I can't say for sure not having any tanned dolls myself (i.e. I haven't tested it out myself to recommend using it on tanned resin). Sorry I couldn't
      be of any more help.

7. You might find a small spot that it's visible when she's assembled and try it. Then wait a couple days before proceeding. I think it will be fine.

8. Does anyone know if you can buy the heads and bodies separate? Either direct or through junky spot?

9. I've contacted the sculptor in the past and she did not sell heads separately. I think your best bet is finding a split partner, if you do not want one piece.

10. Oh okay, thank you!

11. What did you want the head or body?

12. @SagoneHishukato

Junkyspot will not split the body and head either--I asked.

13. Beautiful dolls everyone. :)

14. The body

15. @SagoneHishukato

If you want the body, you might be able to buy the whole doll at a reasonable discount via the Junkyspot Black Friday sale (lasts a weekend, usually). I found the doll (Junkyspot Black Friday) a little more than $100 off, and with in-country shipping (I see you’re in the US too), that may be, in total, the cost of the head. I also found a doll at about the same price on the DOA Marketplace

16. Oh wow. I'll keep that in mind. Great info. Thanks!!

17. Even better, JunkySpot seems to have extended their “Black Friday” sale and it’s still going on (click the sale banner on the home page). Most of the large Limhwa dolls are on sale.

#457 T4124, Jan 17, 2018
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    18. Thank you!

19. I just order Tom in normal skin and with the default face up. I'm glad for the sale junkyspot is having :)

I'm so excited to get him. I hope it doesn't take long :)

20. Junkyspots dolls are really in stock, so he will arrive very quickly!