1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

EOSdoll (formerly Limhwa) Discussion

May 29, 2011

1. Wow Mirrin, she is almost ethereal. Congrats! What a beauty. What body is she on? Will you blush her amazing hands? I have an old Limhwa Human and adore her body too.

2. Thanks, Mandagore! She's on the limhwa body that makes her 57cm. I posted the box opening if you want to see the body!
      I'm going to have to blush the hands! They're made to be showcased. I just need to find where all my non-work related art supplies went to. I just bought a new house recently and it's been a pain to figure out where some of the stuff got to. I actually bought her tights when I knew I had some that were essentially the same because I couldn't for the life of me find them. :sweat

3. Ooh, moving can be hell. Some things always vanish during that ordeal, it should be investigated by the Myth Busters one day or something:shudder Hope you'll find your supplies, though!

Then she's on the same body as my girl. I think it's one of the most feminine and attractive bodies out there, although posing her can be tricky. She lounges beautifully, though :) I recently sueded her and that helped a lot.

4. Lol, I appreciate the commiseration. I'm off work for the holidays so I might get the chance to start digging through boxes in the basement to see what I can find. If I have to pick up new pastels and spray, I guess it is what it is. At least I found my tiny paintbrushes recently!

I agree on the body. It's so delicate and feminine. There was a lot of thought that went into making them. It's definitely up there for pretty bodies I've seen.
      Sueding might be something I need to look into. I've managed to go all these years without, but it might be time! Did you use hot glue, e6000, or any of those silicone products to do it?
      Also, weird question, @Mandagore, but does your Limhwa look nice with your Zaoll? I kinda was thinking I'd reshell her sister character into a Zaoll, but I know they're tiny gals.

5. Not a weird question at all, @Mirrin, since I think Zaoll and Limhwa would make a great match stylewise!^^ But, you guessed I had a but coming, right:sweat, but what I can tell you right off the top of my head, Zaoll's head and features are smaller than Limhwa's. Zaoll wears 7/8" wigs, Limhwas go more in the 8/9 category. So that might be something to be prepared for. There is also a height difference of 5cm/ 2", but that might go well with the little sister theme? I'm still away from home for my xmas holidays or I could supply a picture if you need it...

As for sueding, I'm an old school woman^^ I tried hot glue and grew tired of it coming off again all the time, e6000 is likely a permanent solution which I would prefer it not to be, and I haven't tried liquid silicone yet. Those silicone discs keep disappearing into the stringing holes on my dolls. I keep to good old pliver sueding and can only say good things about it. The worst thing that happens is that the pieces can come off in places after years of joint movement since they're only held on by school glue, but that is a 60 seconds fix and they stick again. There is a great tutorial on here about making masking tape patterns for the pliver pieces that fit your doll's joint exactly, and it's really easy and quick to do. This has made a big difference to me in picking up a doll often or not at all... bad posability can be off-putting, at least to me^^

6. Thank you, @Mandagore! I was going for a little sister so that just may work. You don't need to go through the trouble of a picture, you're opinion alone is super helpful.
      Also, thank you for the advice. I'll look into the pliver option. I'm not the biggest stickler for good possibility (though I've been a little spoiled by dolls like my Spiritdoll with crazy possibility), but it'd be nice to make it easier for her to sit at the very least.

7. Ok, glad to be of help, @Mirrin. Oh, my Limhwas do pose acceptably when naked and standing, but when dressed everything is lost....:vein
      I do hope to see your lovely sisters around here some time!

8. Oh man, tell me about it! I have a Nina on the EOS body, and boy is that thing janky... I'm seriously considering just hybriding my girl with a different company body, even if the EOS Limhwa one is oh so pretty...

9. You mean, the newer body is *still* a wonky poser? I feel you...:3nodding:

10. Oh, bummer. Well, good to know! If you do end up hybriding, best of luck.

11. How do you order from Limwha/eosdolls? I don't think junkyspot is their dealer anymore because on the EOS website it says they are looking for a new dealer.

#551 blackdahlia, Jan 13, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    12. you have to email them. I never ordered from them, but did ask them a few questions in the past and they are usually quick to reply :)

13. Yes, I emailed Junkyspot some time ago and they said they were not able to meet some minimum order requirements so couldn't be a Limhwa dealer any more.

I've ordered from Limhwa directly via email and it was very easy. They sent me a text form to fill out and I paid by bank transfer. The doll arrived in about two months if I remember correctly. :)

I love Limhwa dolls and the company is trustworthy, I highly recommend. Best of luck <3

14. @blackdahlia: To add to the info - in 2018 I ordered per email and was offered paypal payment as well. She shipped out the doll after I think 2-3 months, although it was in tan skin. Everything went real well.

15. Edit: It turns out... I hadn't sent the email at all. And then I put .com when I did send it. And then got it right at last and have now officially placed an order!

Yay, lool. #DollFails

#555 Teruchan, Jan 21, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    16. I think I don't follow... did I miss something?:XD:

17. I had originally posted asking if anyone could double-check Limhwa's email address for ordering (because I hadn't heard back about my order). I then edited it a few minutes later when I realised I hadn't even place the order, because I'd gotten the email address wrong. :blush:doh

18. @Teruchan, thanks for explaining, and congrats on your successful order. I too have a tan Mono, but we're in the wrong thread to discuss him :)

19. *Secret Limhwa-Mini-owner high-five*

I'm super excited now though - I'm going to go ahead and order my half-elf girl, I received a response from Limhwa yesterday!

I had an American Girl doll as a child (she might still be somewhere in my parent's house actually... hard to say), but to me, Limhwa's tan Half-Elf looks just like my Aleasha all grown up! I'm super excited to have her, and I can't wait to share pictures!

#559 Teruchan, Jan 22, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    20. *Yay!!!*

Oh you fortunate one, you will get another Limhwa goddess! My sister has a Half-Elf, at first in French resin, but that one turned lemon yellow very soon. Now she has her in normal urethane and that girl is ever so gorgeous. The Half-Elf just completely changes with every face up I see on her. What skin color are you ordering?
      My dream doll always was the Limhwa Human girl and a couple years ago I got her. She had been long retired. I felt very fortunate that day as well!^^