1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Heads: What do you do with them?

Jul 28, 2009

1. I have the Luts Wintery head.
      At this moment it is packed carefully in a box without any sunlight or whatsoever, so I hope it won't yellow.

I have been thinking about selling it, but I might want to keep it as a mod project. So I just do nothing with it now actually. :lol:
      And I'll keep it that way untill I made a decision for sure.

2. I'm afraid they end up as (horror) mod projects, if I like them, but don't feel a click with them. On the other hand, one of my sisters who is still uninfected with the BJD virus likes the dolls, but finds them too expensive. I may use one of my event heads, search for an affordable body and give it to her. A shame her birthday was just a few weeks ago and I'm still waiting for my Little Monica event head.

3. I've received a couple of heads from Luts in the past and sold them. Someone usually wants them if I don't.

4. I've just had this happen for the first time ever! I was lucky enough somehow to be one of the first 20 to buy Aletheia Eternity on sale from Notdoll so I got a bonus Argeia head with her! The Argeia hadn't been one of my favorites and my first impulse was to sell it, but it's grown on me considerably since it's been here so it's getting it's own body and my two vampire girls are going to be twins!

5. I made mine into a full doll. I didn't know I was going to get one, so when I opened the box I was like wow. I had it sit for a long ass time, debating what to do with it. finnally I decided to make him into a full doll. gave him a face up and was like dam he's pretty. Which made me glad that I choose to keep him. :)

6. I have kept most of the Puki event plates I've received but pretty much sold all the others: MNF DES, Juri '08 head, BambiCrony Brava Bambi Sunday head. The one Puki plate I sold was the WS Piki Singing plate since they gave me 2 and I wanted the NS. I did earn the elf Lotti event head too over at BambiCrony and bought it a body to make it whole.

7. The only event head I've gotten so far was Tender Elf Sha from DOD's winter event last year.
      I purposely bought something then to get the event head because I do plan to make it into a character.
      Tender Lahoo was an event head too, but I just bought mine in the marketplace. ;]
      If I get another off a whim and I like it, I'll keep it of course.
      But if I don't like it I'll probably use it to practice faceups, or sell it.

8. I got one of the Multiheads from Fairyland just recently. For a while I thought I would sell her but I think I've accidentally bonded with it and it will get a body by the end of the year.

9. My Wintery event head from Luts was just too adorable, so until I find the time and money to complete him, he sits happily and patiently on a bed of tissues in a decorative, ceramic bowl on my ever-messy bookshelf. xD

10. I got a free Danbi head with my minimee group order I did, I sold him for like $40 bucks but that was to make up for the free shipping I gave to all the participants [[cost me like 50-60 bucks XD]] so its more like I will give people free shipping and then recoup my losses afterwards, or If I really like em I will keep it.

11. If I like the head I try to have a body waiting for it when it arrives and instantly make it into a complete doll. :)

(I have a Nanuri '07, Nanuri '08, Juri A, Juri B & Wintery as complete dolls...)

If I don't like it or it sits around for months without me finding the inspiration to do anything with it, then I put it up for sale.

(The only exception to this is the Little Fee Shiwoo Elf face-plate. It's still blank and I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but it's definitely staying for reasons of complete cuteness! :) )

12. Well I'm waiting for my Notdoll Belladonna and for the Adieu event I'm getting an Aletheia head and I'm going back and forth on what to do with her. One the one hand it will be awhile before I can get a body for her, so I'm thinking I should probably just sell her to get things for my other dolls, but I really like the mold and I can't wait to try doing a faceup on her (I've only ever done faceups on vinyl dolls before).

I've actually managed to think of a name for the head before I got a name for the original doll I bought. So yeah, I have a pretty strong feeling I'm going to be keeping her, lol. I'll just find a nice safe place to keep her until I get her a body I guess.

13. I got a Dream of doll head with the event. or well my fahter did but he gave it to me because he dind't know what to do with it. and just now he is a flowthing head but I also also want to make him compleet. To start with a face-up;)

14. Faceup practice!
      My Luts Wintery is far too large for anything less than a 65 body, and not really mature enough for one as sculpt goes. But it's a beautiful head... So I'm keeping it around and experimenting with faceups on it!

15. I've had three event heads in total (Juri '05, Juri '06 and Nanuri '07) The first one I modded and still have him today as one of my favourite members of my crew, and I'd never let him go :) The second one I gave as a gift to a friend, and the third one I tried to make fit a certain character but gave up and ended up selling him on.

16. I keep them. Heck, all my dolls from Luts have been event heads. There is something about limited items that makes me want to snatch them all up. I guess the marketing ploy works. :sweat

17. I didnt get an event head, but I did buy a SH with my MNF for the "fun" of it XD

I'm going to find a box where I will store all these little resin pieces I may never use because you never know when you will want to use them!

I like to collect these kinds of things so that's what I'd do xD

I just need to find a box now.. and a place to store it too xD
      Don't want a parent to go open it and find disembodied parts O___o XD

18. If I like them, I keep them. If I don't, I tend to either give them away or sell them for the price of their face-up. (Yes, I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't believe in selling things that I received as free gifts for a profit. I suspect I may be the only one of those left in the hobby... but at least it's worked out well for the people who've ended up with free-or-nearly-so Juri and Nanuri heads from me. :lol:)

19. I'm participating in Ringdoll's promotion of pre-order a body; get a head for free.

I adore the Pan head, so I'm going to try it on the DBDoll body I already have and see if it works for the character. I had a completely different head in mind for him, so I'm not sure how it'll go. In the end, if the proportions are good, I'll probably keep it and see if it grows on me for the character (and how he looks with the girl who will be his love interest).

If it doesn't work.... I'm not sure. I really like the head, but I'd have to choose whether to sell it on to fund a different doll or if I'll keep it around to eventually put together a completely different doll. :x

20. I've bought an event head off the MP, and received one from the last LUTS event, and they're both faceless and floating . . . poor things :(
      However, I'm mainly just waiting for warmer weather. My 08 Man is destined to become a specific OC, and share a body with my SSDF Abadon. My Wintery 09 I intended to keep as a practice head, but I kind of think the little sneak is going to develop a character on me - as they always do! Regardless, they're both going to float for a long time.