1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Heads: What do you do with them?

Jul 28, 2009

1. I got a Doll-Zone Xi head from a doll distributor for X-mas for buying two dolls from them over the past year. Only problem with that is. it was an old sculpt and it was tan and the tan had been changed so not we'll have to find a body somewhere to match it for another MSD boy. For now it's just a practice head.

2. I'm waiting for a Dollzone Mo from the Chinese New Year promo. I have a feeling I wont be keeping it unless after seeing it in person I fall in love with it. It's not like I can afford another body and I'd rather find him a home where he'll be appreciated than have a floating head. I'd sell it or trade it for a reasonable price, while I need £££ I don't want to fleece anyone who missed out because of it's limited status.

3. my friend had one. somehow it was kinda mine from the beginning. she didnt want it and it stayed at my house until he get a new one :) because it was technically a friend's, i couldnt sell it on the Makert so i have to keep ot ¬_¬ i R stuck with it and i dont know what to do with it

4. My first event head was the nanuri07 event head that I got when I got my bory in 07. I wasnt sure what to do with it either at first, decided at first to practice on it, then he just kind of morphed into his own character and demanded a body. So he ended up being a whole new character I hadnt had plans for. The last event heads were the multi heads from FL I got last year with my minifee woosoo. Those, ironically, ended up being traded for a beautiful face-up for my first event head.

Im currently waiting for another doll from FL, and will likely get an event head.. dont know what I am going to do with that one, probably just leave it in the box.

5. I've only had a few event heads--

1. Luts Juri 05-- but I bought it second-hand and definitely wanted her as a whole doll! Love her to death! :D
      2. Luts Juri 06-- Got it when I was going to be ordering stuff from Luts anyway... but ordered a mess more stuff, so Luts' promotion worked in my case! I painted and sold the head, as I'd intended to do from the first.
      3. Volks School Head A-- bought to do the Faceup Workshop... Currently for Sale.
      4. Luts Wintery-- Bought when ordering stuff from Luts (again, ordered more than I ordinarily would have). Not meant for a doll-- For Sale.

6. I got a summer event head from Luts back when I ordered my kd Litchi. When I saw the promo pictures of the head, knew right away that he was perfect for one of my characters that I had floating around in my head. So it worked at really well for me, I didn't have to worry about trying to sell him along side everyone else who decided to get rid of theirs.

7. I think I would personally give it a face-up and then sell it ^ ^
      I have a MNF Chloe coming on her way, and because I bought her during a Valentine's day event, I'm getting a dreaming faceplate with her. Since I don't think I would ever be able to use the faceplate on my doll, I'll probably just give it a nice Face-up and try to sell it~

8. *cough* even when I intend to sell them they always stick around... If you just were to go to my profile... Literally half my dolls (and/or floaters) are event dolls/heads that I just didn't want to give up on... So, if it was me, I'd keep it I believe there is beauty to be found in every doll, thus there is no point to sell a head you like just because it was unplanned. Make a new character for it, play around, it's a Challenge!

9. Most of the time I keep them around until I come up with a character for them, unless it's a head I can't deal with, then I'l sell it ^^

10. Depends on the head. If I really love it, I may get a body for it. If it's very similar to the doll I bought, I may keep it as an alternate head with a different faceup or expression. If it's a head that I have no interest in keeping, I'll sell or trade it.

11. I gave mine to my daughter.It was a Doll Family-H Lydia!