1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever been disappointed? Even a little?

Sep 16, 2008

1. Hmmm, first I wanted to say that I haven't been disappointed, but then something came to mind...

Well it actually wasn't a 'box opened - OMGWTF!' moment, but after a very short while I realised that I don't really like JD's body. He is a Leekeworld L boy and I've agonised for days over the two body choices - and finally I chose the gentle type, because it looked nicer.

But man, that torso doesn't have any movement in it! (well, just some minimal ability to turn sideways) I like when my dolls are turning, slouching, bending from the torso, so I just couldn't get used to his body.

But I love his cute face - so I'm just gonna sell his body someday and get another for him^^

(And surprisingly I wasn't even a bit disappointed when I noticed that his left hand arrived broken...I was totally calm about that :lol:)

2. My first doll was my DOD Sha...When he arrived, he had a completely different face-up from the one he had on the website~!
      I was like "...ehhhh? Did they send me the right doll? D:" I still haven't bonded with him, 3 years later actually T__T;

Another dissapointment was my Dolkot Day who arrived with yellowed resin and an air bubble on his face~ and they forgot to pack his ears >___>;
      I was pretty upset about that since I'd been looking forward to him for so long and saved up all that money =D=;

But now his character has been replaced with a MNF Seorin and I can't express enough how good Fairy Land's service is ♥

3. I had a disspontment with tinys...I had one my friend bought me(Well i gave her the money) When she got to me...gosh she was small!

Sadly i couldnt keep her...my firend ended up buying her from me. (So now she has two tinys!)

4. I've had dolls that I never really got attached to... and a few that I liked well enough at first, but ended up not so fond of later... but so far there's only been one doll that I just absolutely didn't want to deal with right out of the box. She was an Angell-Studio Gabriel, and I knew the minute I got her unwrapped that she wasn't going to stay.

The doll was cute enough... but very "doll-like". Her sculpt was completely lifeless next to my other dolls. Making matters even worse, her face-up was nothing like the supposed defualt, her resin was about the pinkest I'd ever seen and very light compared to CP's or Volks' resin, her eye-wells were so poorly beveled that the eyes they'd sent along with her wouldn't fit, and several fingers on one hand were broken.

I think I had her all of two weeks...

She was only here that long because I was busy and didn't have time to make a sales post immediately. :|

5. It seems as if the service to doll sites other than luts and fairyland is horrible. D: Fairyland remains one of my favorite doll sites...

How long did you keep your Day?

6. Actually, my first doll was a tiny, and she was the most satisfying.

I think because I knew exactly what I was getting with my puki pipi.

7. Oh, I dunno about Luts. I had a pleasant experience with them, but I've heard others weren't so... fortunate. To say it softly. And I had a rather amazing experience with Latidoll. [/OT]

Anyways.... disappointed? Not really. I did a lot of research on Rei, and kind of knew what to expect.... He was a bit smaller than what I thought he'd be, but I knew that it's something to be expected.

Although it's wasn't ALL perfect, because a little while after receiving him I realized that he had a crack in his foot.... However, after a few back-and-forth's between Lati and me, they quickly fixed the problem and sent me a new foot entirely free of charge.

I've had a whole bunch of disappointments when opening boxes with things I ordered, but luckily none of the severe ones were dolly-related. :)

8. o.O When did you get one of those. I like the gabriell and was planning to order one for my birthday but I don't want to deal with all those problems if you got it recently.

9. When I got Vin, I was pretty dissapointed that he was green. But I'm over it, I don't think I'd love him nearly as much is he wasn't XDD *pats her pee-coloured doll*

I get disappointed a lot, I often psyche myself up, or impulse buy, and when the doll arrives I've built it up to be something it's not. Part of the reason I've sold a lot of dolls XD But eh, it's part of the hobby, considering most of the time you can't see or hold/experience the doll until you've bought it and waited a month.

By the same token, I'm often really surprised by dolls too <3

10. I've dealt with Volks, and B&G doll and both had exceptional service.

If you look at the Dollkot (sp) reviews most of them are horrid and people don't go there.

11. I think Blisdon has been the one I have gotten disappointed over the most, and it isn't his fault. My Soom Sard, Tarot, arrived here and within a week or two he had totally become himself, and it was obvious. Unfortunately for Blisdon, it has not been that easy. Blisdon has gone through many not so perfect faceups, wigs, eyes, clothes... this poor guy has had a rough time. What I can say is that his development has been slow and steady, and it continues to be that way most of the time. He is not a doll with one of those personalities that reaches over and grabs you by the balls, and yells who he is in your face! He is subdued and I accept that. He just requires a little more work. But when he has a breakthrough, I tell you... I barely even notice anything but him. :aheartbea

12. I got one of the very first ones, right after she and Lucifer were originally released. (I ordered her the day before they pulled them off the site due to some "OMG! They're dressed like Angel Sanctuary characters! Piracy! IP Violation!11!!one!"-outbirk from certain quarters- :roll:)

It took two months to get her, and AS never responded to my emails re: the broken hand.

13. My first dollie, Bella, wasn't my first choice of dolls, but I tried my hardest to bond with her anyway. I never really wanted an immature bodied doll, but she was readily available for purchase, so I got her. I care for her but she is by no means my favourite. I didn't bond with her, which was really dissapointing. I didn't have fun shopping for her like I do with my other girls... Maybe it just wasn't love at first sight.

14. Totally.

Same as Naoki , I was quite befuddled with my DoT Sha too. ( ._.)
      He was very adorable but something just didn't feel right, AT ALL.
      But since he was my first doll, I didn't want to just "give-up" and go for another boy.
      So poor Vincent got put through 4 different face-up changes under 1 year, was physically at home less than what, 5 months? :sweat And now he's off again (5th!) for hopefully, the FINAL faceup in a long, long time.... if dolls can move, I think he'd have dived off our apt's roof by now. lol

15. I believe that my experience was less disappointment and more not knowing enough on my part. I was very disappointed upon opening my orient doll so dong to find that I could not cuddle with him at all. For me no cuddling equals no bonding so the little guy had to be sold shortly after. (happily my msd size girl came just a few weeks later and she is just right for holding.)

16. I was when I first got my Delf Yder.

His head was smaller than my El's and my Chiwoo's, so I wasn't expecting it at all.... I didn't have a proper outfit for him so I had to use old clothes that didn't match, and his wig was really stupid looking on him because it was too long.

But after I cut his hair, it evened out his head size, and once I got him a cool looking casual outfit he quickly fit right in. Looking at him now, I'm very upset that I was ever disappointed in him.... I love him to death.

But out of the five that I have.... he's the only one I've ever even SLIGHTLY been disappointed in.

17. When I got my first doll, she was a DD1 body with an Obistu head. I got her as a birthday gift from my Mom (how awesome is that?) - and I was thrilled...for about a week. Then, I started looking at her face, and it just didn't seem right. Her head was too big for her body. Her eyes weren't the right color. I didn't like how round the Obistu head was. I didn't like how light her body was. Eventually, I bought her a Dollfie Dream head, sent it off to be face-upped to look like Rukia from Bleach, bought her a wig and eyes...and when I got her back, I was happy...but...I still couldn't get over her...vinylness. I eventually sold her here on DOA not too long ago to someone who loves her lots and lots!

With my newest girl, Renee (A DZ Nina2), I had high expectations. She's the only doll I've bought brand-new (all my others are adoptees). When I got her, I thought she was GORGEOUS - however, she's very floppy and I really had a problem with getting her to stand/pose. However, I love her to pieces, and it's nothing a good restringing and sueding/wiring won't fix!!! I love my new girl!

La

18. Yeah I was disappointed with my first doll. It was a Dollshe Ru, lol I remember it almost turned me off BJDs. Some of it was the fault on my part because I couldn't get the wig to stay on and it just looked dumb on her. So that added to the frustration of the most annoying posing ever! I know you need to get used to the body and all but the damn hips and torso connection will pop and snap into also sorts of directions including turning back to front! Ahhh it drove me insane.

The only thing I liked about her is that she was a beautiful and cute doll. Later on I ordered a BBB Sprite because I liked the mold and she was a cheapo so I thought 'why not'? Then when the sprite came I was really suprised because the posing was way better. The BBB made me want more and more dolls! The resin wasn't as good but that's to be expected. I disliked the Ru even more then because of it's inability to pose and it's snapping and body twisting tendencies. The arms were even awkward to bend from what I remember.

So anyway, I sold the Ru and got me a Feeple body (excellent posing and resin! Very nice!) for my minimee head and I'm very happy getting rid of the Ru. Lol, I was so triumphant when I put her in the box to get mailed to her new owner :)

ETA - I have had great buying experiences with Luts and also Nobility Doll. My other things came from sellers here and on ebay.

19. I've been dissappointed a couple of times.

In both cases I bought dolls when they were really new to the market so there were no owner pics. I imagined them being a certain scale and proportion so when they arrived I was surprised to see how teeny both of the heads were, so I knew right away they weren't going to fit in. No head is allowed in the group if it's smaller than my Re-Che or larger than my Mui, that's already quite a range in size! :sweat

Both moved on to new homes in less than a couple of weeks.

20. Since most of the items were bought off internet with just seeing photos, there were many disappointments.

Biggest was with a particular SD doll (I shall not name since there are owners who love this mold), he looks very different on the official site. The head was too small for his body. The body was not well design. He was slim and hard to pose. I stalked the site for weeks and got one off DOA with a beautiful face up. The face up was amazing, but the entire doll was *_**_* I have to let him go.

Second big disappointment was MSD size, he was just strange compare to official photos. I have two disappointments with this company, so now I do still enjoy looking at their official photos but I would think many times before I will buy another doll from them.

A few heads did not work out well, so I gave them away to friend who have more use for them.

That is all..... Now I feel more comfortable buying from companies which I have seen and touch their products.

Some wigs, eyes and outfits have been disappointing too:sweat:sweat