1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever been disappointed? Even a little?

Sep 16, 2008

1. Yes, one of my dolls that i ordered have a chip in his knee. i was abit dissapointed because it was my dream doll and my first doll ever but it arrived with a chip in his knee :( still i love him to bits tho :D

2. When my first doll arrived, a Luts Kid Delf Apple, I was a bit disappointed cause of his posing. He didn't pose as well as the pictures on the site, so that was a bit of a let-down. I still love my little boy though, even if his posing isn't too well. c:

3. I haven't had a major disappointment yet. I just got my first doll's body,(his head is coming from a different company) and I love it even though he's headless. I didn't even notice his pinky had snapped at first, and it doesn't really bother me at all. I can fix it,anyway ^_^

4. Yes, sometimes I'm a bit disappointed, but not about my dolls, but just because I 'm always not able to find some shoes that I love in the side of my lati yellow sp > <

5. I think my most major disappointment was actually my very first doll. I bought her during an event, but because she was from Fairyland, she wasn't cheap at all ($436). I spent half a year anticipating her arrival and being overly excited about my very first BJD, but when I opened the box she wasn't the least bit like what I expected. I know it sounds shallow of me and there are many people who would love a MNF Shushu, I couldn't help but feel that her aesthetic just wasn't my taste. I wasn't expecting her to have such a STRONG profile or such a rigid body (A-line bodies weren't available then, and her back really bothered me) and her face ended up not being the sweet, cute face I was looking for... I think this happened primarily because I was young and new to the hobby and I didn't know where to look for good owner pictures to help me decide if she really was for me or not. I ended up selling her a few years later.

6. I ordered a bobobie Moony a couple of years ago after falling in love with her sculpt. I anticipated her arrival greatly and looked at owner's pics almost everyday, and then she arrived and she was so tiny. I was a bit thrown, then I thought it could be because the only other dolls I had interacted with were my MSD and my friend's SD.

Sadly my feelings didn't change and after a month or so of having her home, I resold her. I still think the Moony's are adorable but the size is completely wrong for me :( It sucked having to give her up so soon after waiting so long, but I know she has a good home now.

7. Yeah, when I first got my second doll, my first thought was "oh no, this isn't it." I tried to ignore it for a while but the feeling didn't go away, no matter how much I tried to suppress it,so I eventually got around to selling her. Best choice I ever made.

8. my ringdoll spencer was going to be my grell but when i opened the box i was kinda repulsed... D: its hard to sell open mouthed dolls >w< still trying though

9. Well I think my so far only "dissappointment" was with my first doll, an msd, "petsha" from dream of doll. When I first got her after months of waiting (it was around christmas so the doll was somewhat late), I opened the package, and somewhere in my mind I thought that she was somewhat tinier than I thought she'd be.
      ..However, that little "dissappointment" only lasted about 5 seconds. Other than being smaller than I thought she'd be, she was purrrrrfect <3 And of course, now I'm obsessed with the pukipuki pukisha- dolls, that are much, MUCH tinier ^.^

10. When I got my boy Kell, I was gobsmacked by his gorgeous faceup but I found his body difficult to pose (he's a mega gem). Also I was hoping I could make clothes for him but so far I've not done well. I love him and have actually sent his body to have some posing mods done.

11. I've not been really disappointed...but I bought two MSDs and they just didn't fit the characters they were meant for.
      They've been sitting around for more than a year without face-up and without a name but I didn't want to give them away.
      I found the perfect characters for them recently. :) And I'm happy with them now.

<----(One of them is my avatar over there...)

The Characters that were planned for them got other (bigger -> SD) Molds.
      And as they arrived the leg of one of them was broken. I was all "Oh no! What should I do?! Can I fix it?!" But I got a free replacement from the company. (Doll Family H)

So everything that came near to dissapointment was alright in the end. :)

Hope I'll not be dissapointed in one of the dolls I'm getting this year...

12. Yes.
      One of the dolls I bought wasn't broken or anything, but I liked it much less than I expected to.
      It is horrible, of course, to spend so much money, and wait for so long for something and then realize it wasn't as great as you expected.
      And I'm still with the doll, I'm not sure whether it would sell or not. I have no idea what to do with it at the moment... It is an unpleasant situation...

13. I've been there. I bought a Luts Lu-wen just before they stopped offering the Delf Line. I waited so long for him. It took me Forever to afford him! I went to SUCH trouble to get him to. After i had made the payment my bank had frozen my account thinking it was fraud. I had to call them everyday for 3 days before they would unfreeze it. But by then Luts had cancelled my order and stopped the Delf Line! I had to CALL them in korea. It cost me $1 a minute and they put me on hold. Thankfully Luts re-opened my order but now I had to wire transfer my payment. That added $30 to my already nearly $500 Luts order just to transfer the money INTO the Luts bank and Chase Bank charged me $50 to transfer the money OUT of my account. I could have cried.

And then when he arrived I was just soo happy to have him that I did cry during my box opening. But then once I got him home.... I realized how THIN he was compared to my other Delf. He's a lot thinner and just a bit shorter then the girl I had intended to be his love. And even though his body was the new and supposedly improved Delf Type3? his arms had issues posing. No matter how I posed him his arms would snap up into a defensive position. Covering his face like he was being attacked! Delf cloths are to big and so are wigs. It's still a problem I have sometimes with him. 9/10 wigs are way to big and 8/9 are just to small. I can't bring myself to part with him but he doesn't fit with any of my others dolls. He was definitely a bit of a let down. But I love him to bits even if he's my problem child.

14. When I took my Mei out of her box, I was very sad to find that she's strung waaaaaay too tightly.. she also looks a little dirty, but nothing a careful washing can't get rid of. It was a little disheartening to get off to a slightly rough start, but I know she can be fixed so it's not too bad.