1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever Been Spooked (Directly or Indirectly) By Your Doll?

Mar 1, 2007

1. D: I have been scared of my dolls once, though it was all my dad's fault! One day I was spending the night at his house and I brought one of my dolls so he thought it would be funny to put Momoko right above my pillow when I was sleeping. When I wake up I'm mostly in a daze and when I saw a Momoko sitting above me DX I was so freaked out.
      o.o I really really hate porcelain dolls and clown dolls too. They creep me out like crazy.

2. I don't think it counts, but I used to own a doll with a sort of angry expression. Over time it started to freak me out, and I hated it, so I sold him :P I don't know what it was about his particular expression...other angry looking dolls don't scare me.

3. The only dolls that freak me most are the porcelain figures, especially the ones from the Victorian era. They look like vampires, and they are so SO PALE, skinny to boot, and she was looking upwards....... that it scares me. A friend gave one to me, and after 8 years I still do not DARE to throw the doll away when I moved house. It stays in a cabinet which I do not look into anymore......... :...(

4. My friend's porcelain doll is quite scary, i cannot live with the huge porcelain dolls. I hope my boy doesn't scare me when he comes, i have an over imagination.

But i think my freaking out comes from stories of when i was younger about killer china dolls that killed the family at night, u kno the stories of dolls coming to life at night...

Man i discussed with my friend we agreed that the most scary thing that can happen is... Rae sitting on my table, in my new house with my parents out only my bro in another room... Quietly, as silent as death, me being very concentrated in my work when... his head comes off!!!!

I hope that never happens >__<

5. AMG I've been spooked by macabee once but it was my over active imagination. I was laying down in my bed, i was about ot go to sleep, and i was just playing with his amrs like making them go up and dowwn adn stuff and every now and then his arms would jerk away from me like he was like 'mommy leave me alone, let me sleep!' so i immediatly turned on the lights, started doing it again and i saw that it was just that his stringing was tight in his arms so they would jerk out. but wow! gave me the creeps for a little.

6. when i put my vampire Ruthie together i gave her a pair of very eerie metallic silver eyes- the kind that seem to follow you around the room. this was fine for a while, and then she started acting up: i'd put her down for the night lying on her side, and she'd turn over on her back, toss the covers off, and so forth. it scared the crap out of me and her silver eyes started looking really creepy. the logical explanation (we must be logical) is that her strings loosened up just enough that she could move on her own. that's logical, right? :eek:

once i wanted to pose her and my Mitsuki holding hands. they posed just fine; i left the room for my camera and when i came back Ruthie had apparently slapped Mitsuki's hand away (either that or Mitsuki's moving on her own now) and had her arm raised over her head in a very threatening manner. needless to say, i did not take a picture of that.

funny thing is, changing her silver eyes to brown seems to have solved the problem :| - at least she holds still!

7. The first few days that I had Caleb he freaked me out a little. But after a while I got used to him and now he doesn't both me at all.

Now procelin dolls and puppets scare me to death and I don't know why. Something doesn't seem right to me. I guess it could be from all the horror movies about them being possed that makes me keep my distance.

8. Well, I have to agree that the most usual scare I get is "She just fell onto concrete I hope her face up isn't scratched!!!!"... but one time I left Valentine on the steps leading up to the attic and forgot she was there, and I started going up the stairs without turning on the stairway lights and her eyes reflected light from downstairs at me so there were just glowing eyes suddenly in the dark.

Momentarily frightening, until I remembered she was sitting on the stairs.

9. I have the same habit. v.v; I swear, you can make yourself head noises.

Ooo... from the Ring? Eh... that would probably creep me out a good bit. v.v

10. I would have been very freaked out if that happened...

11. Kiss: Ooo... that was mean. XD But funny, too. I don't know if my dad would do that to me or not... I think he's too afraid to touch her. He thinks he'll break her. ^^;

SapphireMusings
      : Maybe he felt angry, too? While the other dolls just look angry?

shirou_oh_sakura: Awe... v.v; The only porcelian dolls I have in the house (besides the ones given to me as a kid and I like those... they're sweet looking ^^) are Madam Alexander dolls. Three of them. Two are kind of cute, but their eyes do the bobble and close thing, which freaks me out. o.o; I dunno where they're hidden now. >.>;

yukihotaru: Just randomly coming off? ._. Gah. I kind of have experience in that, but it wasn't creepy... When I was much younger, I hugged my favorite doll so hard that her head popped off. v.v; I thought I killed her.

byke stegosaurs: It's always creepier in the dark, isn't it? XD

alasandalack: o.o That is probably the creepiest story I heard yet. I would probably throw those eyes away myself. XD Gah... that would be so, so creepy.

avacado: Horror movies is probably a definite. I used to be able to watch stuff with dummies, but I guess after so many horror movies... they make me terrified. ><

DeadLegato
      : Glowing eyes. >< Yea, my cats love to do that to me in the dark.

12. Lol yeah, whoooo photostory time :O

13. :lol: That would be a good photostory. Just make sure it's dark and scary, but not enough to... erm... scare you away from the doll? ^^;

14. When I first got into this hobby, I was still very much afraid of vintage dolls, porcelain dolls and the like. So at the very beginning, I only liked those dolls that seemed more animated, and less realistic.

I was visiting my friend Ladysaiyuki's house... and she had a Kill_U 2nd in her sewing room, along with her other dolls. I hadn't really noticed him, since he was closer to the back of the room and about two feet away from the sewing machine. Her Kill_U had her MSD Asha sitting on his lap, and she has a lot of hair, so he was well hidden. ^__^

Later that afternoon, my friend went to her room to check DoA, and I was finishing up a kimono I was doing in the sewing room. I'd left the bias tape on the end of the doll table by the door, and had to get up to reach it. I looked up briefly at the the dolls as I was passing, because a movement caught my eye.

As I glanced over, her Kill_U had 'pushed' her Asha from his lap onto another doll, and was staring at me as he was sliding off the table, one leg at a time. I got so scared I stepped back, and all hell broke loose.

I can't even begin to tell you what everything sounded like. >_<

The pedal cried out.
      The machine screached to life.
      The doll hit the floor.
      And I screamed my heart out.

I ran towards the bathroom, Natalie rushed out of her room, and all sounds stopped.

It was really pretty funny afterwards... but I felt for a second that my soul had split from my body... I was that scared.

Her Kill_U was on an old SD10 boy body, the ones that AREN'T waist/hip jointed. Which is why her asha was on his lap... it was to keep him on the table. She must have fallen over, and when she did, since he was on the edge of the table, one of his legs slid off of it, followed by the other... and then he hit the floor. His eyes were the kind that followed you, and I didn't know that, so it only made things worse.

When I stepped backwards, my foot hit the edge of the sewing machine pedal and set it off ~ which made it screach, and the machine start. And of course my scream... >_<;; Vivid imagination and all that. :sweat I think I scared Natalie more than I scared myself. She was worried, poor thing.

Her Kill_U scared me for months, but eventually I really came to like him. XD We made peace, and now I want a Kill_U Special, myself. :fangirl:

15. Enki wins at doll freakiness! *_*

I sometimes find dolls a little creepy. But as for my BJDs, i'm not usually freaked out by them.

The only thing that gets me is if they're sitting up somewhere and looking in my direction. I don't like the feeling that they're watching me. Especially if my back is turned or i'm not paying attention to them directly.

I'm also not real keen on laying them down in their boxes and seeing their eyes stare unblinkingly at the ceiling--i drape a towel or a scarf over them...

16. Enki: Oh my gosh, what a series of coincidences to make such a scary scene. It would have freaked me out, too. I haven't experience any really weird joint problems, so my mind would have probably instantly thought the doll was actually moving. And then the screech and everything on top of that. Gah. XD But at least you turned out liking Kill_U. ^^

17. I don't mind if Renia is watching me. The only time I kind of get creeped out by her is if I'm sitting down and she's up higher, looking down at me. That makes her eyes look a bit weird.

18. :sweat I just felt bad for Natalie... she told me when she heard my scream she thought someone had entered the house and was killing me. x____x

She sold that SD10 body soon after, and got him a waisted SD13 body... lol
      But by then the damage had been done. ;) Atleast he doesn't scare me now. I may not want a Kill_U 2nd, but I wouldn't mind having a Kill_U Special. XD

19. freaked out, yeah. even with the brown eyes i'm still scared of this doll. i'd sell her, but my husband painted her and he'd be very hurt... so i just tell myself she's inanimate... a very animate, inanimate object. :aeyepop:

20. XD Awe... well, if it makes any difference, I think she looks very cute. ^^;