1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever Been Spooked (Directly or Indirectly) By Your Doll?

Mar 1, 2007

1. Yup, when I suddenly find my doll in a different position than I started her in, I sometimes get a little freaked out and think that she moved...

2. My girls stay in their boxes at night. One night I left one out by accident and she was set up, starting straight at my bedroom door. Woke up the next morning and saw her staying right at me and spooked a little. We don't keep the blinds open so it was really dark in the room too '^^

3. This might not be super scary, but it happened just a few minutes ago, and i was spooked. I had my doll standing on a desk facing sideways. I was posing one of her arms, when there was a click, and her head suddenly swiveled up and to the side, looking straight up at me. While that can be explained by the elastic in her arms pushing her head around, she perfectly met my gaze!

4. I left one of the heads I was using acrylic paints to experiment on to dry nearby on my dresser when I went to sleep one night. I'm extremely out of it when I first wake up in the morning so when I grabbed my tablet and shut off the alarm and the first thing I see (I turn my alarm off before I even open my eyes, that's how groggy I am) is a disembodied eyeless head 'staring' right at me I freaked out. Like rolling up against the wall my bed is lined up with and smacking the back of my head.

Needless to say I've never left heads next to my bed ever since.

5. Well...my doll didn't exactly scare me, more one of my best friends. Basically what happened was; I stood my doll up on the bed (I was holding his back so he didn't fall) and my friend mentioned how he was worried the doll might come in and kill him in his sleep (as he was staying over). I laughed and moved slightly, which must have caused the string in my doll's neck to snap into a position to stare directly at my friend, who nearly jumped out of his skin in fright.

6. Not a BJD, but we're got a dressed mannequin that stands inside the workshop. She's startled me enough times as I've walked in that I eventually turned her around. Interestingly, walking in on a human form facing the other way isn't nearly as scary.

7. All my dolls have their eyes off to the side because, as well as visual appeal, they're not as scary to people. I can't remember them ever startling me.

8. Thankfully, no! I would go insane c:
      I love my Dawn, but if I started hearing voices...I'm not sure how I'd feel. I have mixed feelings about that, though. I wish my doll could talk to me, but I know that would never happen.

9. Nope, i don't really believe they can haha, it's a doll after all it's not a living life.
      But if my doll could speak i wonder what she would say to me. x'D I would be freaked out tho, have seen too many horror movies!

10. I'm lucky that my dolls haven't spooked me yet! Not to say I haven't been scared by something similar before, though.

My mom's been dressing up a young child-sized mannequin for Halloween as a flying monkey from The Wizard of Oz for a few years now. (Looks more like a gorilla, but that's besides the point.) During the few weeks before, it stands in the guest bedroom a few feet directly behind the door. It's always in our peripheral vision whenever we walk by because of this, and seeing something like that startles us every time. It doesn't help that I've been horrified by every kind of monkey since nearly getting attacked by one at the zoo when I was a kid.

11. When I first introduced my BJDs to my dog, she was absolutely horrified by my eldest (Christopher- my Chiwoo). My sweet pup that had never responded negatively to much of anything rolled her lips up and growled at him in a low tone. I could see the hair standing on the back of her neck too. It gave me chills. She barked for about an hour and growled until I put him up. I had gotten him out on that day in a desire to do some stop motion, but I didn't complete any because of her adverse reaction.

Interestingly enough, she did not bark at my old Yder when she met him that same day. She sniffed him and did not seem unnerved. She was petrified. Now, she just eyeballs, but she likes him okay. They're pretty much 'old hat' to her now.

---
      Also, concerning Christopher... He has been the only one of my dolls who will reposition himself at random. I believe this has to do with the way I have strung him in the past, but it was not uncommon when I had him out on my bookshelf for him to suddenly tilt his head forward or for an arm to raise or lower. I was still in my parents' house then (and we had some spooky things that occasionally happened in that house). It never failed to make me jump out of my skin if I was reading a book and suddenly he decided to move across the room. Now, he does not typically do that if he's out of his box. I live somewhere else though too. Yet, the dog thing mentioned above happened -after- this. I don't know. You can certainly spook yourself easily enough. I say it was the stringing and then about 99.3% remembering all those horror movies I watched that was my undoing there.

12. If you count the dream I had where they tried to kill and I woke up mildly scared...