1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever Been Spooked (Directly or Indirectly) By Your Doll?

Mar 1, 2007

1. I think craziness comes with age. XD

2. We still don't know what we did. XD I'm not sure I even slept. We didn't dare touch them but we did make fun of them (quietly and under the sheets). (Or maybe they have something against humming the national anthem.) XD Anyway, after about 1 month of marriage, the bride got a divorce (and an annulment) because she said she had a "calling from God" so we can't even really ask.

Raine: We had really considered it but our friend was having such a hard time with the actually wedding we were trying really hard not to make things worse for him. Everything. Had. To. Be. PERFECT. according to Bridezilla. XD

3. Not me, but all of my friends know about Shou scaring strangers on the bus XD

On his old body, the strings were loose, so his head would wobble. One guy was staring at us the whole time, then we hit a bump and Shou's head jerked and looked RIGHT at him. He jumped and looked away XD I just turned Shou's head back to me and whispered "Don't do that! It's not nice..." and the guy looked so freaked out the rest of the ride lol

4. One of my dolls just got new eyes, and they are really bright... Now whenever I pass by her it looks like her eyes are following me!

5. hahahahaha!! Thats funny.

6. Bwahaha! That's awesome. Freaking out strangers is one of my favorite hobbies. :)

7. XD Oh, that's hilarious. ^^

8. Yep. Renia does that, too. ^^ Her eyes are... I dunno what color. o.o; They change, I think. Sometimes they look pink. Other times, blue... sometimes grey, etc, etc...

9. OMG! The freak out possibilities are endless! Note to self: loose strings for traveling! People already look at me funny because I'm a little uh... flaky... XD (Read as: "dithering Idiot" ) I can just blame it on my dolls!
      When I get them... :(

10. Ehehe :lol: It's funny to me now, but at the time I felt like I'd scared myself out of three lives. XD My mind was running a mile a minute afterwards. ^^
      *cries* I wouldn't have stayed there... T-T I'm just glad you kept yourselves occupied. ;)
      I always liked this story! :fangirl:

11. It will be fun to freak people out when you do get them, though, right? ^^

12. Right now I just have a doll head and his hands sitting on my desk, right on top of my tablet. He doesnt have a body yet but somehow he still manages to move. o.O; Ill often set him on the tablet with both his hands toward the front of his hands. But when I look at him a bit later Ill find that his right hand has slipped back behind his ear. It seems hes right handed and likes to play with his hair lol. Doesnt really spook me, I just find it interesting.

13. omichao that is hilarious! I would be so freaked out if that happened to me...

14. seicat, that is hilarious...yet freaky...I had a friend whose mom had porcelain dolls like that all over her HOUSE, I tended not to hang out there very long for the same reason. There is a local doll shop in town that selld mostly porcelain dolls (and eyelashes, which is the only reason I ever go in there)-- my 2 kids ( 6 and 9 years old) refuse to go in, they say it freaks them out. :barfing cat

As for my own dolls--no, they have never scared me! They are like my buddies or something, I know them all and love them to bits (and they know it) so they have never done anything creepy. However, I have mentioned this before, but my kids were totally creeped out by my petite Ai Hanael--probably the cutest, sweetest doll in my little family. Not sure why.

Maybe we'll all end up like crazy old doll ladies, only surrounded by BJDs, not porcelain dolls... :)

15. My BJDs do odd things like grabbing my shirt (Nathanael) or my necklaces (Nathanael, AGAIN) when they want me to pick them up and hold them. They do a few little movements on their own, but nothing I can prove. They also pose better with threats, such as "Nathanael Aurick, you stand up now or no bedtime with Tema", to which he does anything I ask. XD

But the real odd thing happened with one of my porcelain dolls. I have one that is unmarked and has a blueish tint to her porcelain that makes her more...humanlike, as if she's really pale. One night I was in the bed playing on my gameboy and I was tapping my foot on the side of my matress and it slipped. It slammed against the wooden underrailing and I heard from her direction atop the cabinet: "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," I replied, unsure, "I'm fine."

It was the sweetest, young female voice. My parents are across the house and weren't up at that time. My little BJDs were in the floor, and the noise came from around my door and the cabinet. It's either the woman spirit here or Amelia ('Milly' as I call her) my porcelain doll in the yellow dress. The other dolls don't have names, but for some reason I feel that Milly has a certain 'life' to her. She's much more glowy than the others and has always drawn me to her. She came from an estate sale like the other porcelain dolls I have.

I think dolls, when loved, created, or tended to a certain way, can take on a piece of their owner's soul\spirit. They are a reflection of ourselves at times. Such as when I get depressed and talk about dying, Kazutaka's face looks like he's crying and the eyes are shining as if there are tears.

*shrugs* Or maybe we are all just nuts. XD

16. kohaku- that kind of how i look at it, too.
      & that's such a sweet story.

17. Enki: If it wasn't for our friend and wanting to be there for him (And my husband being the Best Man XD ) We would have run screaming from the room and not looked back.

Raine: I can't wait! I should start a list: Evil Things to do with your BJD. That sounds like a new thread XD

Sylphide: My 5-year old tends to looks askance at the porcelain dolls at the local shop but he always manages to be in my lap when I'm looking at the BJDs online. XD I need to get working on my Crazy Doll Lady Routine. XD

18. arei: o.o Definitely odd, though. Moving without a body. ^^;

Sylphide: We might, but crazy BJD ladies is much, much better than porcelian or clown dolls.

KohakuTenshi: Nathanael sounds funny. ^^ That story was sweet. I suppose that's the way I think about it as well. Hopefully we're not all just nuts. ^^;

SeiCat: That would be a good thread! XD Tell me if you make it.

19. This, I must say, is quite a popular topic...

There have been so many versions of this theme made into threads and posted in general discussion...

But to answer the question: No

My Sa Husky moves about a night, seriously, I have him setting and suddenly my roommate and I will here a loud pop-like sound, and he is kicking his legs.... I find it comforting though...