1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever Been To A BJD Convention?

Nov 8, 2017

1. There is! Search for the Portland, Oregon Sunday BJD group. They are a friendly, anti-recast group, but very accepting of other dolls that are off topic on DoA. They do post meets on DoA but I think the planning usually starts in the fb group.

2. That's great! Just joined! :)

3. I’ve been to two Portland Resin Rose BJD con. The first and the one this year. I loved the sales room. I found so many great bargains. Only down side is I didn’t bring enough money, ha ha. I’m super shy, so I just spend about an hour and leave. I love how you can enjoy the con to bursting by joining in all the events, or just show up for an hour. Now I’d love to go to the one in Austin TX. Guess I’d need to stay longer than an hour.

4. Nice! XD I should find out if there are anyin Canada...would be nice to go to one!

5. I went to STL BJD Con last year and this year. The first time I went was with a friend, but I didn't know anyone else there. However, I'm pretty extroverted, so I had no problem talking to random people, and everyone was cool and really nice and interesting. I think my favorite part was meeting people, but I also really liked the huge swap meet part this year, as well as the costume contest, banquet, door prizes and tea party. Most people either had their dolls with them or on display in the cotestarea for most of the day, but there was a doll babysitting room where you could check your dolls in and leave them with one of the convention staff members if you didn't feel like carrying them everywhere. I didn't check mine in. The first time I carried them (I had one SD and one YoSD) and the second time I left two of them (one SD, one tiny) in the contest display and carried a floating head with me to shop for a wig and possibly body for her..

6. I have been to anime conventions where one of the vendors had some bjd items. It would be nice to go to one! Or find a place that sells bjd stuff instead of having to order from oversees...

7. I live near syracuse

8. I have also only been to anime and comic conventions! Really excited to see what a sole BJD con will be like.

9. I haven’t been to a doll convention yet but I definitely want to. I’m probably gonna wait for another one to be held on the east coast.

10. Me too!!!

11. Well, if you can swing it , totally come to anime/doll north in may!

12. I have never attended a BJD convention but I think it would be a very neat experience! I would want to go to at least one to see what it is like.

13. Never go, as not near to me and each venue need a flight ticket and a hotel room..

14. I have never been to a Bjd convention. I wanted to go to Dollism but lost my nerve to attend. Hopefully next year I will find a Bjd convention close to me and attend.

15. I go to a kind of 'tagged on' BJD convention at Anime North in Toronto every year. Though it's growing yearly and is now able to stand enough of its own that they can charge their own entrance fee if you're just going for the BJD con rather than the overall anime con. I really like it and each year they have raffles and hangouts. It's nice to be able to talk to others in the hobby since it's hard in the area I'm in to find a lot of BJD enthusiasts. I don't mind the trip to Toronto once a year, and actually seeing the dolls in person at the con is what got me into the hobby. <3

16. I have not been to one yet, but would love to! The closest thing I've experienced to a BJD convention was an anime convention that had a BJD panel where the panelists gave a general discussion about the dolls. ^^

#36 littlej, Nov 14, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    17. My sister got into the hobby just ahead of me after seeing BJDs at an anime convention. There was one single doll convention near us when we were in central California, but it moved outside of our con travel range.

However, we've since moved to Oregon to be closer to family, and got to vend at Resin Rose. It was a blast. The contests were a lot of fun and the dioramas set up for photo-taking were incredible. I went to a grand total of one panel, since we were manning our table and I didn't want to abandon my sister to do everything on her own too much.

It was a lot of fun meeting people and seeing their dolls, and just the whole fun atmosphere.

18. I lived in Japan for almost 5 years, so i went to almost every ldoll and volks party.
      It's very good experience, you got to know people in the hobby, make friends, buy artist stuff.
      It was lots of fun, if you ever had a chance to go .. please go ,, you will enjoy the experience.

19. That's exciting, I'm in Oregon too and hope to make it to Resin Rose as well!

20. I’ve been to Anime/Doll North and I had a blast. Being a cosplayer too, I always struggle to balance both hobbies in terms of travel, but I’m hoping to attend more in the future. (I live near Rochester, NY)