1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever change your mind?

Jun 10, 2009

1. Early on I fell in love with DODs as some other members have mentioned, but it was more the promotional pictures and gorgeous displays that I was in love with than the dolls. I love Supia Rosy, but Zaoll Luv is THE girl for me, so even if I love a sculpt my mind can change.

Editing this due to further changes lol. Supia Rosy is definitely in my future. I've had a character dancing round my head for a while now, a really tough, sexy girl. Rosy always seemed to soft and classic to be this girl until I sat down to work out a Sheryl Nome cosplay (doll style :P) and the doll I pictured in the outfit off the bat was Rosy. It was that simple, she suddenly seemed capable of being a strong, assertive character and this character of mine popped back into my head. So now I've got TWO girls in the plans, and Yeon-ho has suddenly lost a good part of his appeal to me. Talk about a major change in directions.

2. I think that's going to be my biggest issue when i get ready to purchase my doll. I just started saving and i've already switched up a few times :sweat.... and now i have a list that i'm playing "process of elimination" with :doh lol

3. I'm in love with DoD's DoT Camine, but then I discovered Crobidoll's Nia.. and panicked. I eventually talked myself out of him though, because Camine was the doll I had pictured for the character and Nia just wouldn't fit. If I get another doll, then it's going to be Nia. ='D

4. I was going to buy a Narae, until recently i found my DREAM doll! :)

5. I think I seen a thread like this somewhere...nevertheless, my two cents :)

I had just about saved up for my first doll, a DZ Mo, when I found out that the doll that probably got me started on BJDs in the first place came in mini-size (Well close to- Fairyland Breakways and Els look pretty similiar, imho) - so of course a definate quick change! But I think I'll love him more then if I had gone ahead and got the Mo like I orginally planned. Thank goodness for DOA!<3

6. This happened to me when I bought my second doll. I bought her to keep my male doll company, but they just didn't look right together. Bad match and all. I tend to spoil my first doll, so I decided if he wasnt into her, I would have to get him a new girlfriend. :P

Luckily, one of my close friends bought her and loves her dearly. Amorette is her first doll, so I like to think I helped get her addicted...enabler! :D

7. I had started wanting a Chun from resinsoul, she was tall and beautifully natural looking. She wasnt as well known but was well made(as i've heard) and I thought she would be perfect for a starter doll. I was all prepped to buy her when I saw a picture of an AoD Rao, lets just say I fell in love with her and ordered her about a week later XD;;

Chun will be a future doll.

8. Right now i'm trying to save up for my first doll and at first i was all over the place changing my mind everytime i saw a different doll.

But FINALLY i have decided on getting an Iplehouse YID Louis. he's perfect for my first doll ^_^

9. This has almost happened to me twice. The first time was with my Little Monica Kliff who I pined after for months, just fallen head over heels after the moment I first saw his photo and had saved relentlessly for. About a week before I was ready to buy him (this was during Christmastime) AoD came out with a promotional set of dolls and their LE Qi was just gorgeous! I was so shocked since AoD tends to not be my style and I suddenly had these weird doubts about Kliff. In the end though Kliff won out and he's still one of my top two favorites xD While I do still think Qi is just beautiful a part of me wonders if I was mostly feeling some hesitation at spending so much money on my first 60cm doll which is why I had those doubtful moments.

The second time was almost exactly identical, except with an Elysium Jamie head that would be almost $200, sort of difficult to swallow since I've yet to see any owner pics of that head. Just as I was about to order him an MSdoll Sleeping Drayton head came up for sale and not only was it way marked down but I had literally seen this head in real life before as he used to belong to a friend of mine XD For about a day I seriously contemplated the Drayton head but ended up deciding that it was once again simple jitters at spending so much on something I really wanted instead. Ended up going with the Jamie head and I could not be happier with it :D

For the most part since it tends to take me a very long time to save up for a doll I have alot of time to really think over whether he is perfect for me or not. If I feel doubtful about him it usually happens in the beginning and I get over any desire to wanting him. So far it seems these doubts are due to spending money and not my actual love for the doll, but it looks like love will always win out x3

10. i usually dream on a doll for months (sometimes even years) before buying
      a while ago i had decided to buy a dollmore kid asha girl, my character is a tomboy she don't need much of a chest and dollmore kids have beautiful legs she could easily pass for a teenager
      i feel when i've seen the male doll with the blue eyes, decided to buy around august this year

then on a forum i discovered that dollndoll would be relising noel, previously from serendipity, i was tempted for a while but she has the new body wich i don't like (ismy but without the chest joint)
      i've opened up the pictures of asha and start wondering wich i wanted more
      that was when i discovered that they are actually similar, i had chosen asha because i couldn't find noel!

i wanted to try at least and opened a WTB thread looking for an old serendipity noel
      i thought it was impossible, she's out of production since 2005 and there aren't many around anyway... but i got an answer
      she was also in europe! i was able to get her for my birthday ^^

i don't think i will still get asha, they're too much alike and i like noel more
      i can stay on a particular doll for years but eventually if i can't find it i search for a similar one... and end up regretting it when i finally find what i really wanted

11. I change my mind all the time, so basically I'll save up untill I can afford a doll and then choose

12. I was going to get a MSD after my first SD girl, but changed my mind and decided on a SD boy first. The reason? I found a matching body, which was way cheaper than the one I had originally planned to buy for him. And the body was on sale~

13. this has only happened once to me. I was saving for a body for my rolling head, then I should have been saving for a Dollshe Saint, but... suddenly, Oasisdoll Yaoyue appeared in my life and sudenly all my savings will go to get her :sweat

14. I thought that, when I finally had the money saved for a doll, I'd get a Hound. In fact, I would have bet my head on that. Then, Unidoll's Ark wormed his way into my affections (the sneaky little devil) and now, I'm really very happy I got him and mot Hound or Sabik (who was also on my list) cos I discovered that when I take a really good look at those two now, I don't like them all that much anymore ...

15. Once upon a time, I fell in love with Luke from DoD, and when I had gotten myself a job, I looked around all other doll sites and fell in love with my current Azrael. I was really much in love with Luke before, but now I can't really see what I saw in him....

And, I wanted to buy a Leekeworld Edgar for a long time, but I always liked Crobidoll Lance more. But when I had all the money, although Edgar was more perfect for the image I had in mind, I bought Lance, and I'm totally satisfied although I'd like him to laugh a bit more... he looks so sad. I guess he's just constantly having a bad day XD

16. [FONT=&#26032;&#32048;&#26126;&#39636;]&#8220;[/FONT]I seek a saving as a habit, and then purchase the target doll.&#8221; this is my old idea.
      But now, I changed into saving for a habit, to avoid any accident such as the released yo-sd. XP

17. hm.. once I saved up all the money for it eh? dunno... I hav e never had such a situation before... I'd probably get it anyways to see if I could bond with it. If not I'd sell and buy another doll.

18. I got all excited over the DZ megi. planned out how i was going to make the money, when he would arrive, eyes, wig, ect. but like a month or so later, i saw a picture of a megi and was like, ''uhhhh maybe...not.'' right now i've decided to get a MO. but yeah it happens but its better to think about it for a long time instead of going head first.

19. Yup.

Many times, many times. It happens especially with limiteds--usually have this compulsive desire to buy them when there's news about their release.

Then it dies down as I focus my attention to another non-limited doll or play with the dolls I already have.

I change my mind about a doll 5438132 times. XD

There's a lot of temptation out there... :lol:

20. I had money for an Iplehouse Gentle Freezia, but I put off buying her because I wasn't ready at the time for a second doll. My first doll took three months to come and she came right before I had to get ready for finals so I really didn't have much time to enjoy her. After having her for a few months, I decided that I wanted to buy her pretty clothes before buying another doll. This cut into my dolly fund, which was alright because I ended up loving another MSD (Luts Bory) and got her instead.

Gentle Freezia is still on my favourites list, but she's not in any near future plans.