1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever change your mind?

Jun 10, 2009

1. Yes!! Omg, that's exactly what happened to me, and is the exact reason why I'm not an official dollie-owner yet :(
      I saved up for what I thought was a gorgeous little boy, and then I started noticing things about him, and I started looking at pictures of him on flickr in different lighting and angles and decided I didn't like him so much anymore... so I've been spending my days looking for a different one now :/

2. I changed my mind just the few hours before I ordered my first doll, because wasn't shure that this doll was the one I really need. So I decided that Doll Factory mini Ari is not the one I want and bought Luts Cherry Elf, and I never regreted it.
      Now I`m about to buy Zaoll Luv instead of Luts Eveline, and I changed my mind because Luv and the character I want to make look much more alike.

3. I was convinced for many years that El or Lishe from LUTS would be my first BJD, but now I find Lishe really unappealing for my personal style and characters. Even El's love has faded. My first girl is going to be Delf IF, who I had no interest in originally. It's why even once I had the money saved I spent some time thinking carefully. Tastes change, and if we get that high when we first see a doll we may overlook other aspects and make a bad choice if we don't let that initial want pass and think clearly. That's my experience anyway.

4. Well I'm know for being a very insecure person when it comes to big decisions. This will be my first BJD so it's a very very big decision for me.

I started saving for a SDF Annette, which i wanted for months.
      When i was about to complete the amount, i realized I didn't like her big mouth, so I couldn't even think about ordering her.

I've been looking for dolls in all the company sites and I can't decide for another doll, which sucks because I have the money for about 2 months now..... The only good thing is that i have more money now so I'm waiting to see if Sphaler, the new SOOM MD makes me go crazy and buy him instead (even though I wanted a girl first.... but he is limited so I can get a girl anytime).

If Sphaler don't convince me, I don't know what I'm going to do T_T, because I haven't decide on any girl, and I don't want to wait much more, since I have the money already...

5. Oh, yes. Back when the Volks shop in LA was doing their special ordering thing a couple of years ago, I was all set and ready to finally do the FCS order for the Sunlight F-17 I've been waffling on about for ages. The money was there, I had everything written up and was ready to go.

... And then they posted the pictures of the Limiteds for that year's upcoming Osaka Dolpa.

... One of which was Amakusa.

Guess what I ended up using that money for?

[points to her avatar picture]

I still haven't gotten around to ordering that F-17. :doh

6. I was planning of buying Eastern from Buddy-Doll. Had the money saved, but then I found out the delivery will cost much more than I expected, so I started looking for another doll and finally bought Dollmore's Dean :) Which was a much better choice. Dean is so nice and pretty, and now I can't see what used to attract me in Eastern.

7. Almost three years ago, I was saving up for a BF Jerome, and when I got the money was just like - WOO-hooo... no way...

Well, I didn't know what to do because that was my dreamed BJD for a long time, but in that moment I didn't feel like buying it so I got a Volks Nana insteand in a heartbeat. That was a doll I've always loved but I was kinda afraid of buying a 60cm doll, as I only owned tiny dolls at the time, but I finally did it :D and now I am REALLY happy with my Nana.

8. I'm still changing my mind while I save up - Ciaudia's only first on the list because she's a limited doll, but if I see a good deal for a Volks Ami Ayase I'll spring on her first for sure.

9. GAH! i can't keep from changing my mind in between Dollmore and Iplehouse!! it's driving me crazy. it's going to be worse when i start to save up for one haha. but yeah, i might just have to save up for more than one doll... which i was planning to do so one doens't get lonely when i'm not at home and go all Chucky on me...

10. I'm always changing my mind. Six months ago I swore to anyone who was interested that I wasn't going to buy a 1/3 doll, since I was happy with my fashion dolls. Five months ago I thought I could do with a 1/3 Obitsu because I didn't like the idea of resin. Four months ago, just as I was about to order an Obitsu, I ended up buying a Dragon Doll instead. And for the past two months I've been deciding on what look I should give my boy; I began with a more punk-like look and now I'm favoring a more formal style. I'm almost certain I'll change my mind by the time I get the money to buy my doll the new clothes and shoes he needs, let's say, in three weeks time...

11. Yep!! Just when I figure I know what I want, BOOM, I see another doll and everything changes!!
      I hate it.
      Or I have plans on all my dolls to be one way and BOOM I change my mind on that as well :0

I wish I was one of the people that knew what they wanted and BOOM stuck with that!! :)

Me I like cute toooo much and that is my BIGEST issue......................................... sigh

12. Oh yes!!

In person, several times. I thought for sure my first doll would by an Iplehouse Mars but I saw one in person at a meet and WOW, he was just too big ^^;

I also quickly fell in love with Fairyland's littlefee Ante and Leah, but then I started to notice the indented lines by their eyes, with Bisou also has...and they drive me nuts! I think they look like a wrinkled old man >.<
      Needless to say, I don't own any of those dolls, lol

13. This just happened to me. For the past few months, I'd been saving up for an Iplehouse J.I.D. Asa. I had fallen in love with the company faceup, and wanted her to be my first mini sized BJD. I was literally $5 away from the purchase price and was maybe a couple days away from ordering her from IH, but then I found someone who was rehoming their Fairyland PKF. I love FL dolls, and I already have two pukipukis, and I jumped at the chance to buy this Shiwoo Boris which was a sculpt that I'd been fond for a few years but didn't think I'd get. So I had to say "Buh-bye" to Asa...I don't know if I'll ever get her...because now I'm smitten with my pukifee, and the next two dolls I want to get will be PKFs as well.

So at this point, who knows? I would love to add an Asa to my collection, but maybe it's not in my cards. Maybe my interest is really the tinies size. We shall see...