1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever eventually recieve Lost/stolen package?

Jul 16, 2005

1. I just had a package that managed to make a side trip to WI. :oops: The seller had accidentally put the wrong state on the address. The package was returned, and she sent it right back to me, so everything turned out just fine! :daisy
      The only irksome thing is the PO should have been able to send it to me. I told my dad who works for them what happened, and he said, "what?!! With the right zip code on it?! Morons!" If everything else is correct, they should be able to find the right house by zip code. He'd just sent a letter mismarked to Indiana on its merry way to somewhere around here! The moral of the story is, I guess, while some postal workers are smart enough to make sure your packages get where they need to, others are not. :|

2. Oh. My. God.
      You can't even begin to imagine the horrible, horrible things they do to large-ish packages. They charged my poor sister $56 customs fee on my DODs, when you're not supposed to be charged customs on dolls in Canada! (or so my doll-collector friend tells me). And not only that, but the bottom of the box was plastered in yellow tape that said "OPENED BY CANADA CUSTOMS", and all the wigs were messy, and the dolls had their protective bubble-wrap half torn off them, and one had a couple black smudges on its body! I'm suprised they weren't broken!
      I swear, the only item over $100 I ever DIDNT have trouble with Canada Post was my class graduation ring (probably because it was COD from the provice next-door...).
      CANADA CUSTOMS IS A LESSON IN SADISM!!!
      *ahem*

Back on topic;
      I once had a VERY VERY rare and expensive VCD ("Shin. Megami Tensei; Devichil", First Series) be lost in the mail while getting to me; and I couldn't re-order it with the website (which was the ONLY site to offer it to North America), because the company that produced the VCD lost their licence to distribute the series.
      AUGH!

Um... to everyone reading this: I hope all your packages arrive on time and safely, so you will not know the pain so many of us have felt when dealing with [Canadian] Customs.

3. so my friend shipped two of my boys [i moved from california to chicago] to my house. and it has been maybe three days. i have just had a horrific experience losing a box [with things that werent to important] but it was a fiasco.

Now I am super paranoid about my dolls never getting here. She shipped my Cyber Bohemian Shiwoo and she also shipped my Chiwoo from ca to my new house. *_____*

Has any one ever had an experience where their doll got lost in the mail?
      If so was it resolved? did you get them ok? Maybe Im just being overly paranoid.

Her mom works at the post office but after losing that one box I cant help it. And you know it's not about how much i spent on those dolls and their accessories [probably a package worth over 1k] Its the dolls.

I love those guys and would be heart broken if they ever got lost...

so if you have had a horrible experience such as this, how did you deal with it ? did you get your dolls in the end?

I just saw a fed-ex truck pull up but he didnt come to my house with a package. . . .

any advice? and no, I dont have a tracking # she never gave it to me. \

Am I just being overly paranoid?

4. wow I have to tell you guys that I am shocked at all the responses @_@ and
      honestly, canadian customs are THE WORST.

I waited almost an ENTIRE MONTH for something just to GET OUT of customs. I bought a body from Morbiddollz and it took absolutely FOREVER and that was AFTER I paid the 60+ for EMS shipping, she was just like"well you never know with customs" Which I guess is true.-.-

But the body also arrived broken, [it was an easy fix] but it still made me so angry. *XD

I hope that both of my boys get here safe and sound, I miss them *_*

5. I had a package coming from Canada that dissapeared somewhere along the way. I was so upset because it was a gift for my husband and the chances of me finding another Gekiganger was next to none as it took me five years to come across the first one.
      Three months later, and two days before our anniversary, it magicaly showed up! I am convinced that it was kicked under a table in customs and then months later someone found it.

6. *_* those customs people either need to get paid more, because they arent getting paid anything or a good kick in the ass. XD. seriously, has ANYONE had a good experience with customs?!

7. Having a package delivered to the wrong house or go missing is my biggest fear. Recently a package of books got delivered to a different house in our apt and somebody actually decided to throw it down onto the floor at our door instead of taking the time to knock. What if they did that to a doll....or stole it (I live in low income housing, if the worth is right on the box, of course someone is going to steal it)

Thankfully so far nothing has ever gone missing (we get packages from Amazon about twice a week....gotta love prime)...but I always will worry that first time missing will be that big package.

8. gah! That would be terrible. I could even imagine having it get STOLEN.
      let alone lost in the mail. *___* I am buying my elf el from Europe... I wonder why kind of damage customs will do to the box. I have to use a slower ship than EMS, Because it will cost 125+ to ship it EMS from Europe.
      >_<

9. Man, something of mine almost got lost in the mail. I'm just lucky I checked tracking... @_@
      It was a nice pair of boots for my boy, coming from Hong Kong. I watched as there was about a week where it just said it had left there, and then looked again... Gasp! The boots arrived in my city (fairly small, I live around a mile from the post office) the day before. At 9:30 in the morning. Mail is delivered at 5, and in those two days I didn't get a single slip saying I had any package or anything to sign for, nor did anyone come to my door.
      So I called the post office, and had the nice lady sort things out. >> When I went to pick it up she said something about having to sign for things from that shipping method, I said, "I know. I order from Asia fairly frequently. I was just surprised that nobody tried to deliver it in these past two days, and I didn't get a slip." Her response?
      "You didn't get a slip? You should have...." Yeah, I know. x_x So if I hadn't looked it up and called, it probably would have languished and then been sent back....

10. Once I ordered some dolly clothes and after waiting a few months and seeing nothing, I messaged the company and they were nice enough to send me another T_T

...however, a few months later the original item turns up O_O the package was pretty beat up, so I guess it must have been through a lot! I felt so bad... I tried to contact the company to send the item back, but never could get a hold of them. I still feel really bad about it, even though this was AGES ago.

Currently, I've got a package that seems to have passed me O_o;;; and is, for some reason, in Michigan.

11. 1. Poster auction off eBay, Korea to Canada...it took several weeks, but I was used to that so I didn't think anything of it. Well over 18 months later, I get a call from the housing office, which is where all the university's mail goes through first. "Hey, we were rearranging the office and we found a mailing tube with your name on it." ...POSTER. O_O I hadn't even known that the seller probably thought it was missing after two weeks and sent another one after! So my friend who had been salivating after the one on my wall (it is a very sexy Park Ji Yoon poster) got to have her own!

2. Amazing story, from today: I bought a Pipos Curo and expected him to arrive today. I was off picking up my bunny from her spaying and came home to a "sorry we missed you" slip. Imagine my amazement when the mailman *came back after he finished his route* to see if I was home yet. As a result, my little guy is right here next to me! Sometimes the mail system is amazing.

3. I once had Canadian customs try to tell me I owed them $25 in fees for a mattress topper I had ordered. Uh, how about noooooo. Canadian customs is wack, yo.

12. We're participating as a 'donor' for the Seams For Free project. Some time ago, we sent out a gift necklace to the US (we're located in Singapore) and after 3-4 weeks, the parcel still hasn't arrived. This is weird because it usually only takes 6-12 working days.

So we thought the parcel must have been lost in space for sure and just when we were about to re-send another necklace, we received a PM saying that the parcel has finally arrived! Lucky! :)

13. wow O_O! These stories are slightly fun

GOOD NEWS GUYS THE BOX IS AT THE POST OFFICE!!!! I am so relived.
      so so so f***ing happy now! *dances* OMG I get my boys today. Hurray!!!

I will have them sit on my computer desk in my living room, and confuse my room-mates, YES.

14. I bought a pair of $16 eyes from Ebay, and they never arrived. I contacted the selller who was super nice, we gave it another few weeks, but nothing. She eventually sent me another pair (for no extra cost, ofcourse) which arrived promptly, and I promised to mail back the first pair if they ever showed up.

It's been about 3 months now but still no sightings of the first pair... I have wondered about the 'black hole' where all the lost packages go, it's just too weird to loose something that is clearly labeled - how can it possibly get lost?!?

15. Hmmmmm, lets see, never had a package go missing but from the other side.........

Sent a package to Germany once that took three months to finally show up.

Not really all that surprised though, our postal service here in Australia will not insure any airmail item sent to Germany. I guess a lot of things must go missing.

Strangely enough, they also won't insure anything which is heading to Canada either.

One package sent to Spain was stolen. the buyer contacted me about it so I gave her the usual details of when and where it was sent to. She harassed her postman who fortunately remembered delivering it, so at least she knew that I had done the right thing and sent it.

16. argh this is something i need to say.

2 months ago i ordered 2 pair of shoes, belt and trousers from Magic Tailor.

I never received the package. I was annoyed and lost $70 worth of stuff in one go. The worst thing is she stopped my e-mails and i could not file for a claim from paypal.

On the 27th September i received a package. It was a pair of shoes from Magic Tailor. They were not the colour i had bought, they were flowery and red not the boyish blue.

Still at the end of the day out of 4 things i've received one. I do hope she sends the other things, because i have lost all confindence in her things now. And buying from ebay in general due to this.

17. i ordered a carrying case almost 2 years ago.

It still hasn't shown up.

Since it was insured though, the seller refunded my money. I think she was more upset than I was actually!

Because of my lack of trust in mailing services, whenever I send any parts of my dolls off to be customized (or sell anything) I insure them, and almost always do overnight/2nd day delivery. (Hell, I even pay for it if I'm the seller)

When I sent my boy's body off...that 1 day wait to know if he made it safely was the hardest wait of my life....

18. International mail can be lame sometimes. I ordered a DVD off ebay from Taiwan a long time ago, and I waited almost 2 months for it to come in, and by then I forgotten/given up on it. Then randomly it was in my mailbox. X_X

But that was only 7 bucks worth. If you payed 100+ for wigs, then I'd say either try to wait a bit longer, or try to get a tracker.

19. I lost one doll sent in the U.S. to a U.S. address -- fortunately it was insured. Another doll took three weeks to arrive. It was being sent from one city to another city in the same state. That one with the U.S.P.S. So far I have not lost anything from EMS, but I am sure that will happen some day. Barb. in L.A.

20. I bought some Souldoll eyes from a member of DoA back in June, also from the USA. After about a month, we gave up and called it lost. She was generous enough to refund my $22!
      But! After almost four months, they arrived yesterday! XD I pm'ed her and told her I'd be sending her money back a second time! Yay!