1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever feel the need to "adopt" dolls for sale in the marketplace?

Apr 10, 2006

1. Sometimes. I was sorely tempted with Red, but he wouldn't really go with my current dolls and I also had no money. (Small detail, that!)

2. Yeee~s! :...( I often look at dolls for sale and it makes me so sad when they arent purchased right away! I want them to have a good home with someone who will love them, hug them, and dress them up in cute clothes!

3. It is a little sad to see dolls sitting there for sale. It's almost like seeing little orphan children, they're more than just dolls really. Far too lifelike. But it's good for them to go to a new home where they can be loved.

4. That's how I ended up with my gorgeous Fate. I've never regretted snatching of the handsome El

5. Sometimes...

Edward, for instance. (The little Edward Scissor-hands Banji, that went to an excellent home with Guide-) As I said at the time, if I wasn't terrified of breaking a doll that small, I'd have adopted him in a second. He was just that cute, and those little sad eyes really got to me.

There was also a NS Dreaming El who stayed in the Marketplace for half of forever before someone finally bought him... I felt so sorry for him... He was beautiful, but I was determined not to spend a lot of money on unplanned doll things, and I just couldn't see my Nightengale (the only additional doll I did have planned-) with that skin tone. I was happy when he finally found a home.

6. Gawd- that's how I got sucked in....I HAD to adopt that PF Yoko that was for sale....I wanted to give her a home....although I could have gotten her new, I couldn't help it!

7. I feel like that too -super emo cryness-

but unless the doll conects with me instantly I wouldn't buy it -.-;;
      I'm just like that.

8. I adopted all of my trio from the DoA marketplace at different points in time. I guess they were really lucky since they happened to be the dolls that I had been searching for. Not only did I give these cuties a second chance but also a loving home.:)

9. Oh, I also would like to adopt many many dolls from the Marketplace!!!!
      All of my resin dolls have had previous owners, and I'm very glad that now they are with me :daisy

10. 7 of my current 13 have been adopted from either ebay (linked from here) or here.

11. All the dang time. In fact, about half my residents are adoptions, many of those unplanned and not on the list--Moira, Mouse, Kelani, etc.. And all of them, have brought me joy and several have taken me into new avenues of BJD interest (like Kelani and PF's, which now outnumber most of my other dolls). I've never regretted a one. I'd adopt them all if I had room.

I get very sad when I see a certain doll (especially Lillicas and Rus) go without a bid on them...those are the worst for me.

12. Yes, I do feel that way too. And I did with Renny. *hugs him* He is so special to me. :D

I want to adopt so many and give them a nice home but my money doesn't allow that. :( There are a few that broke my heart.

13. Good heavens, yes! I have a soft spot for unique or damaged dolls in particular.

I've recently adopted a particular modded Hypermaniac Elliot from another DoA member--completely and utterly unplanned. I know I'll never regret it, though; because he's the BJD that really sucked me into the hobby. ;o;

14. Oh, man, I'm always won over by dolls that are being sold, haha. Especially when they look really sad or gloomy; that's the worst. I always want to snatch them away, even if on my sane days I wouldn't want to. ;)

15. I feel this way a lot too. I almost fear when I'll actually have a lot more in my dollie funds, but then that's why I made a set wishlist I keep telling myself I won't step out of.

16. I would really rather like to buy a Too on here or Ebay when I finally get the money together, to save them more than buy them. But I've only seen one normal Too on sale here and that was awhile ago (he was sold fairly quickly though) I see T.Too's and I just want to snatch them out of the computer and hug them, and pet them but alas I can't T.T

17. All the time - lately, a lot of Happydoll Lilliputs have turned up on Ebay and sold for a rather low price, due to lack of interest. Each and every time, I was sooooo tempted to "rescue" one and spoil it rotten.

18. i fall in bjd-love 10 or 12 times a day when i'm on the boards. if i had more money, i'd be bringing home new bjd all the time...which would be terrible. and wonderful.

19. *nods* More often than not, I find the molds that my friends who are still saving popping up here a lot then the ones I'm looking for - back when I was still looking for a SD Magical Michael - and I go: Damn, I wish I had more money then I'd snatch them all up and play Dolly Godmother...

But oh well... I always end up directing my friends to such sellers who end up telling me I'm sorry sweetheart but I don't have the money to buy the doll now and I want to cry and wish I had the money so they can also get their doll of their dreams.

Other than that, I always tend to look around here to see any unique/ooak face-ups or mods so I can go Ooh aah so pretty ^_^'

20. Yessss.... especially ones that are damaged or have really bad faceups.

There are times that I want to offer a free faceup for whatever doll they're trying to sell with a bad one, too, but there's no way to do that without causing insult to whoever painted it in the first place.