1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever feel the need to "adopt" dolls for sale in the marketplace?

Apr 10, 2006

1. Yes..I never actually bought a doll I wanted to adopt, though..a pretty long time ago, when I was still saving for Sumiya, someone sold a MSD sized boy..I believe it was Mortimer, and the boy had an asexual body, and a broken knee..I wanted to adopt him so bad ^^; I don't even remember the sculpt, but he just looked so cute and sad..

but well, money doesn't grow on trees and it takes me quite a while to decide which doll I want-usually, and I didn't think I'd want a mini..and I definetly didn't want a mini before Sumiya came home.

Still..

2. It's so sad to see the dolls for sale in the marketplace that need a new home because they are underappreciated in their current residence. There's U-Jee right now I'm pining over since he's my next planned doll, but I just don't have any money right now. I hope he does go to a good home tho. Poor thing. It's a shame when people just can't bond with the dolls and have to give them up.

3. I always look , especially if Im after a pataicular doll
      but then
      ....................I saw poor Bobo
      that was all alone , and no interest in him at all , I felt so sorry for him , I couldnt really afford him at all
      but asked if he could do LayAway ...
      but I love tinys ... so I had him
      I think with another face-up , I will love him even more
      he already has a name Frodo ,
      now I cant wait untill I can get my last Payment off :sumomo: ,I know he is gonna fit right in

4. When Nohbahdee had her Chamomile up for sale, it took an act of great will not to buy him. Every day that he was still up there, it got harder. *sigh*

5. I haven't been looking at the marketplace much lately (due to budgetary restrictions and trying to avoid temptation!), but I have to admit that Dolls and Friends has an AR Dana boy that everytime I see him, I want to adopt him and bring him home. I just imagine him like a puppy that everyone looks at and "awws" over but no one ever brings home. :( It breaks my heart and I always call him the lonely puppy Dana in my head.

6. YES! The 3 boys and 1 girl I'm currently pending on right now are all adoptee's from the marketplace, though there's tons of dolls on there selling every minute, those were the 4 that really called out to me and my heart was yearning for them. I just knew they were the ones for me. :D

7. hehe, when don't I lust after the lonely dolls who need good homes?

8. Lol, Yes! All the time! :)
      About the only ones I can usually resist are the really tiny dolls, the girls, and the more mature looking guys...usually. ^_~

I actually think I prefer "adopting" previously owned dolls to buying from the companies. I'm not sure exactly why, maybe its because their personalities are more apparent, or maybe they just seem more needy than the dolls on the company websites. 6_6

Not that I don't love my company purchased guys just as much, nor have I had any bad experiences dealing with any of the companies. ^_^

For that matter, "knock on wood", I've had nothing but excellent experiences in all my doll transactions so far! ^_^

9. ...I'm doing just that right now. ;___;

10. I'm gonna start only buying my dolls from people who need to find a new home for their dolls.

11. I have a "thing" about wanting to adopt and take care of things that nobody wants anymore. Old toys and dolls, even silly things like a shiny rock or pencil.

Sadly, although I may see dolls that I would love to take in, they AREN'T cheap even when they aren't new, and I can't afford it ^^;;

12. I sertainly have that!
      I bought my first doll on the marketplace ^^ a luts soony, she looked perfect and cute!!
      als I just bought a volks msd body on the marketplace it looked so sad without head and it was from my countrie, and also I bought a head from someone in spain! I cannot wait to get a the cutie complete!

13. Yup! I've adopted two boys from the marketplace here, and it gives you a very good feeling ^_^ I think if there is a mold you intend to actually buy anyway, why not go the adoption route? Plus, it can save you some money, so it's also practical. I love adopting. If I weren't saving like mad for FCS, I would adopt my next 60cm boy, and even so, if there is a Volks head mold or limited I like for sale here when I do have the money completed, I may go that way again. I love it, and have never had a problem with it. The urge strikes me whenever there's a mold I like FS here hehehe

14. Yes!!! There was a Lishe for sale a while back that was GORGEOUS and I just wanted to give her a good home but I didn't have the money!!! It was sad... I wonder if she's still up... I will go check now!!

15. My boyfriend and I were discussing this over the weekend, trying to decide whether I should get my doll second-hand or new. We both commented on how many dolls there were out there that need to be adopted- and we were totally serious, like they were orphaned children looking for a home. Then after a second it dawned on us that we were talking about hunks of lifeless resin :doh . It scares me when we start thinking of them so realistically like that >_> . . .

16. Oh gosh, just take a look at my list and my bank account and you can tell. I really prefer adoption. The only "brand-new-out-of-the-box" doll on my little baseball team is Kenshin...

and the list doesn't even include an inbound tiny and an exceptional cutie who just arrived! O_o

"Step away from the marketplace and nobody gets hurt..."

17. My definition of 'adoption' is probably a little different from those who have replied here ^^.

By adopting i'm thinking along the line that Kaito and i will welcome the poor doll to my home for a period of time, love him lots, take good care of him, and i believe i have enough clothes for a second boy. BUT on a condition that one day the seller will eventually buy back this doll from me when he/ she has enough money.

Crazy idea... but i should think it's feasible?
      -

18. I'd have more dolls than i'd know what to do with if i adopted every doll i felt needed adopting on the marketplace..
      I'm always checking back there though..

19. I do it all the time @_@ Not as much now though, but it still happens >O< Works out really well though~! That's how I got my Narae and my Chase girl, really X3

20. I think it's quite common! I usually feel sad when I see a doll I met or like for sale, and even sadder as I know I won't be the one giving him/her a new home. I don't feel that way very much with strangers' dolls though, but it happens sometimes.

Then my two dolls are second, even third hand dolls but I only jumped on them because I would have bought these two molds whatever happened. Never bought just by "pity" until then.