1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever feel the need to "adopt" dolls for sale in the marketplace?

Apr 10, 2006

1. I check the marketplace all the time. ^^; I'm not actually looking for anything, but love browsing through all the same. Sometimes, when a doll has been floating about looking for a home for a while, I yearn to bring him/her home, but unfortunatly I can't adopt all the strays in the world...! (I always want to adopt all the stray cats I see as well...! >_<)

2. "Ever feel the need to "adopt" dolls for sale in the marketplace?"

Yes - 5 of my tinies are directly or indirectly from the Marketplace.

Carolyn

3. Absolutely. It breaks my heart to see dolls not going to a loving home.

4. *grins* i guess i can say both my dolls are from the Marketplace. Hehe i found Ringo that way...It was just meant to be...He's really special to me, and i'm glad i could bring him home. then i saw the AngelRegion Mini Fair Ami named Kishi. I was like i really dont like that headmold...but...she's so cute!! Omg! I went to bed and woke up the next day to see no interest...did it for a few days untill i asked how much she'd be willing to do lay-a-way on her...slept on it for a night. or tired, cause i couldnt sleep....and decided i would bring her home. My gosh she is the cutest thing in the whole world! i love her and she isnt even home yet. (Cant wait to bring her home!)

I find i'm paticularly interested in dolls from the marketplace. i cant put my finger on why it is, but i prefer them. i wish i could win the lottery, there are a few dolls right now in the marketplace that i would bring home in a heart beat. But i really cant afford to fall for anyone else at the moment, untill i have a job, and bring home Ringo's body and Kishi. :D

5. Argh! double post. my net is being funny and timing out and stuff! >_<

6. if only i had the money :*(

7. :[ i check the maketplace everyday, have no money, but i wish :3 ~
      sucks to be broke

Xo window shopping

8. I want to adopt all the Tonys that go up for sale so badly :( (but, there's a lot of them which makes me even sadder ;_; )

9. Yes!
      Especially when I see AR Rens... it breaks my heart seeing lovely dollies looking for new homes :(

But heh, now I can't buy even a t-shirt for any of my resin kids! *ish beyond broke*

10. Yup. But a lack of money does wonders for that urge.

11. Nothing wrong with that. :)

Although, thats more what I would call being a foster parent, than actually adopting...

but I can totally get behind that idea! :)
      I think that would be a lot of fun!

12. oh god yes! My first boy Shin was like that. Even tho I was dead on getting a tan lishe I keep seeing him on ebay! I finally broke down and got the little sweetheart. In face I'm tempted to buy all little AR Tan Kais even tho there is no way I could afford it.

13. Every day. So much so it is now in my signature.
      Everyone needs a family after all, even dolls.

14. Not all the time. But sometimes yeah.... like that little AR Ren girl there right now. I'm not actually in the market for a Ren, but seeing how the owner really wants to keep her together as herself, and how she might end up being bought and totally changed, I really wish I could buy her and secure her.

15. I've got all my dolls from here.....
      And although this makes me sound totally mad, I actaully like it when they aren't perfect and have little cracks or repairs...I think it gives them far more personality...:)

16. It's dangerous for me to look at the Marketplace... or at eBay and Y!J... right after I've gotten paid for a project.

I ended up with Crane that way...
      I ended up with Sannru's head that way...
      I ended up with Chanter's head that way...
      And I ended up with Falcon's head that way...

... Now I've got Karru to add to that list, too. :doh

Actually, I can't honestly say that I regret any of them. I definitley don't... But my bank account would be a lot happier if I swore off ever going in there again.

17. I stay away from the doll marketplace for that very reason. The dolls are so life like they look like unwanted childern! It's so sad.

18. I love to cruise the Marketplace even though I'm only in the market for an Elfdoll Red. As a doll newb seeing the FS threads helps me get more info on molds and to see doll molds I've never even HEARD of before.

My Wu is indirectly from the Marketplace, and that's where I'm hoping to find Red. Wu should be here tomorrow - SO EXCITED.:love For some reason, ordering and then waiting around for a doll isn't as fun as searching for a doll here or on eBay...It might take the same time to find one as it would to buy one but that search makes them even more special, I think. :aheartbea

19. if i hadn't been cruising the Marketplace, i wouldn't have found Tam. *loves on Tam* but yeah... i often want to adopt dolls i see in the Marketplace. Especially Hounds, as i'm saving for one (although i want a Tensiya faceup, so...)

Hounds and Camines and Dreaming Shiwoos... and so many others...

20. All of my dolls, bar my first one, were bought through this marketplace... My wallet hates me :(