1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever feel the need to "adopt" dolls for sale in the marketplace?

Apr 10, 2006

1. I kept looking at two beautiful dolls in the marketplace recently. I wasn't shopping, I didn't have any funds....I was just learning about the dolls I was unfamiliar with....and these doll were not even the size I most like to own....

But there was something about them that kept drawing me back. They had been customized by their artist owner and the way they looked spoke right to my heart.

The owner/artist was very kind and is working with me. I sold a bunch of British teddy bears on eBay and paid off the girl doll. Now I am selling more vinyl dolls and collector's bears to bring the boy doll home.

I feel as if I am preserving works of art AND adding to my little family.

My other two dolls came from the marketplace too...and we couldn't be happier!

Special thanks to Naomi and Grim for showing how dolls of smaller and larger size can be perfect together....That little fabric of threads is so moving!

2. It happens to me too, I don't even WANT another doll, but there was one recently that had me VERY VERY seriously tempted to give Trys a brother. I even got as far as discussing the finances with my husband before I just decided I couldn't justify it. I think it's the fact that I know the dolls are only leaving their current home because they have to, that's the real heart squeezer :lol:

3. actually, i'd never thought i'd 'adopt'.... sure i get that feeling of wanting to give them a home, but not so much that i'd actually do it...

but of course that all changed when i saw Mikhail on ebay... funny thing is, i tried to forget. i literally told myself that "nope. i won't be tempted. i see bjds for adoption/sale everyday. so no. i won't" and in the end..i did get him... ^^ (didn't help that DOT's SHa was the first bjd that made my heart skip a beat, and who would've thought that a nice person on ebay/DoA would actually accept my offer of buying him and not auctioning instead?) and we're both happy so... x3 and now i refuse to refer to the word "bought" and proudly tell all those who would listen that i 'adopted' him. x3 (yay for my first bjd? ;3)

4. I didnt even let the doll Im "adopting" hit the marketplace before I told her owner Id take her head(Spazvogel's SaFi "Puck").Spaz told me that little Puckus was being upgraded to SD size because of problems with finding a mature male to go with her and that while she didnt want to sell her,she couldnt keep both of the girls.Well,I bonded with the little bugger while she was here for a faceup and she is NOT leaving me now:...( !Now she's going to come live with me and be my little Lucy Scarf!:)

5. OUR Lucy Scarf.........:: corrects her sister::

I have a crazy fit when I see dolls I remember and like from photos and photostories hit the market. I about died when Taji, Sabriell's MNF boy went up. I always want to adopt those ones......

6. Yep yep! 'Fostering' is a much better word, keke~
      I shall propose this idea more 'officially' once i move to a more permanent accomodation next year :)
      My boy keeps bugging me to bring home a second boy! :doh
      -

7. that would be the reason i go to that sectiopn of the marketplace more thern often :D :D

i am weak... *sighs*

8. There are some dolls I just feel so bad for when I see them up, especially if there's like a little photostory or something that goes along with it--I believe a recent DZ boy was (or still is) up for sale (I forget who) and he was sitting there "wondering" why nobody wanted him--that kills me! :atremblin When Sabriell's Taji went up for sale--I couldn't stop myself and now he's on his way to come live with me & my boys :) Tomorrow I find out if I'm getting my fourth boy from the market place or not *sigh* Can you say no will power???

9. *points to sig* i've added to the faimly, and every single one of them is from the marketplace. :P

10. ohhh lucky you Lachlana!If I had had the money I would have had Taji in a heartbeat!!He's my favorite little Shiwoo!!I hope he's happy with you and you happy with him :)

11. Omg I ALWAYS feel the need to adopt esp Unoas, Im a sucker for those!! And I ADORE Tinies, theyre soooo flippin cute, I just wanna glomp em and take them with me to school. My next purchase will be a pury, haha yeah I think though. Thats what I said last time before I adopted Epona, rotf. Shes on her way, hehe she was my first adopted girl. Fable is brand new because I didnt know that a Market Place existed until after I bought her. Though, I am SUCH a spaz when it comes to buying from ppl second hand, Im always afraid of being scammed. Ugh.. those stories get to me, I swear. but I PRAY PRAY PRAY, that Ill NEVER get Scammed, because Id like to think Im a good customer. Plus Gotta love the orphans too!! Heh, I dont think Epona will be my last adopted kiddo! *thumbsup

-PakouChan

12. Yes, yes~! I've always wanted to scoop up 'homeless' dolls from the martketplace. And now I finally have. ♥

13. :blush Aw, thank you! Timing was just right--I actually did have money. Me and my boys are eagerly awaiting his arrival! I can't wait to hug & spoil him :)

Now I've got an El from the marketplace on the way too--and now I am *completely* broke!

14. oh, boy, yes... i already have a Laidoll Lily (my vamp girl) and yet i have a VERY strong urge to adopt the one for sale in the Marketplace... because she looks so entirely different from my Ruthie, i think. *slaps self* i can't even afford to buy the dolls i'm planning on, much less another Lily... with beautiful eyes... :(

EDIT: and i just saw Catdancer's Lucia up on the Marketplace! there go my plans for Kage...

15. gawd if i had the money.i'd scoop up every little doll I see!!! but I always head for the marketplace..despite my lack of cash.....

16. I'm just not going to go in there anymore without very specific goals. I've ended up with a fair few of my crew by browsing and clicking on interesting titles, and I do *NOT* need any more dolls around here. >_<

I want an Igon for my little resin Count D... and currently I have an offer in for one in the Marketplace...

Someday I might buy a BW Elf Lishe to be Gaia, my godbeasts' mother (Yes. THAT Gaia. :aeyepop: ), and she'll likely come from the Marketplace, too...

... But I really, really need to pretend that none of the others in there exist. Even if they're dolls that I think are really gorgeous (That's how I ended up with Kurosakura's El-), perfect for a certain character (Hello, Shakti-) or just cute and badly in need of a home [cuddles Karru].

17. Since posting this thread...I have gotten a doll head form the marketplace. He was in need of a home and perfect for a chacarter of mine so he was snached right up!

In the future I plan to try and get all my dolls from the marketplace...keeping in mind that they must appeal to me as my own chacarter. I think if I started trying to buy others dolls that I wanted because of who they were I'd be in serious debt. >.<

18. I regret buying my first two brand new from the site...., i found the same dolls on the market and they had so much more charm and personality, its like i instantly connected to them! (well...more than the zombie like brand new ones) there like "we need love too!" and i feel just so crushed! =( they look so sad and needy...i think im going to be adopting from now on.....as much as i can anyways, plus the waiting time is sooo much shorter...
      waiting drives me crazy =P

19. YES! I feel this way anytime I see a Haute Hound that needs a home, like the one I saw on here the same day I ordered Hart. But I loves my precious and I would feel bad to even dream of modding a Haute Hound, and also that Haute Hound price tag can be a bit steep for me all in one hit. And then I'm sad if I see Cocori cause she's goes out of stock so quickly and I don't know when I'll have the money to buy her.:sigh

20. I have looked around, placed in a bid in one or two different na nu ri heads, but didn't end up getting them. which is fine, since I went to the max I could afford. I was thinking of "adopting" a new dollie, mayhaps from the marketplace when I come up with the funds to buy a new doll, not sure when that'll be. but I'm gonna try my hardest. ^_^ but I always "window" shop.