1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever feel the need to "adopt" dolls for sale in the marketplace?

Apr 10, 2006

1. *nods head*

Yes! I have a doll list of dolls that I want and will get eventually but lately the last few months I have been seeing some cute dolls that for some reason ( opps I mean this horrible u.s economy) have not been selling. I have been checking on them to see if they get sold because I feel so bad that they are just sitting there in the market place.

2. That's how I ended up with my Cherry Faerie (my nickname for Layla). I just happened to wander into the Marketplace during a spell of boredom and saw that she'd been for sale for quite some time. I fell in love and had to have her...Now she's here with me and Aiden and Luna....our family just keeps getting bigger! :lol:

3. all the time...though thats going to come to a hault...correction. it has.

4. I got my first doll that way. Sheer fated luck I like to say. XD; I was looking for a doll I could afford and at that point in time it looked like I might have to go the "get head/body and then second part later" route.

Then I saw this thread come up on the market one evening. I looked at the pictures, the first thing I thought? "He looks too sad, I don't like sad." I scroll down some more for more pictures until I come to one with a 3/4 backside view showing the profile of his head and his beautiful full back tattoo. "Awwwee! I love that! How beautiful."

Then I saw his price. !! "I can afford him!" o.o *looks over his info and pictures some more* The more I looked at him the more I wanted him. Pms and nailbiting bids later he's mine. XD

Recently theres a interesting looking doll that I keep going back to look at even though he's not really anything I want. But theres just something about him....If I wasn't broke I might even seriously consider bringing him home especially since he's coming with a bunch of extras.

5. All the time, and I wish I had the money to give these kids a good home. That's actually what happened with Abby, I adopted a Sist head and I'm saving for her body right now. :sweat

6. I only have $12, so I tend to stay away from the marketplace so I'm not tempted. *_*

7. LOL! Yes! All the time! So many I'd dolls I'd just like to have! Luckily the bankaccount forbids it!

8. YES. Especially when it's one of two situations: the doll is really beloved but the owner *desperately* needs money -- It's Velveteen Rabbit syndrome to me, I feel so horrible for both of them!

Or if the doll is just really unloved and abandoned - the owner has a new doll they favor or has been neglecting it for a long time.

It's really bad right now, too, because I'm getting a doll of Death, from the Sandman, and I want to get her Delirium as a sister -- and I decided that more than an accurate sculpt I really, really want Del to be a doll that needs a good home. If she's unloved or damaged, that's okay, because I think that's the essence of Del's character: she used to be Delight and now she's not.

If only I had MONEY I would do it in a heartbeat. But financial situations are just awful here right now.

9. I do all the time. I feel so bad for dolls ;_; especially the ones that are just abandoned and sold for the "hottest new thing" -_- Man If I had the money I'd adopt them all if I could D:

10. I've yet to buy a doll from a company directly, XD. I prefer the marketplace dolls where the owner has to have some money for a valid issue or where the doll has been uniquely damaged and I have a clear idea for it, though I have yet to really purchase a marketplace doll for either of the aforementioned reasons.

11. ....Yes. Actually. I bought my first bjd in october and waited forever to get her. When she was supposed to come and the date came and left I got tired and then saw another doll I had been wanting pop up on the market place. I couldnt resist it she was just to cute! So I got her. Then my firend needs to get rid of his dolls to pay for some new things and I am buying one of his dolls. But then thats my first three dolls in the first months of actually owning one. Sure Ive looked at them since I was 12. But now that I have the money for them I can't stop. >.< but its ok. I am happy with the ones I have I just felt bad if she was going to be taken away when I know my friend loves her so much. Well at least he can still visit her!

12. I'm notorious for just that :sweat the number of dolls I try to save :doh
      But I just feel so bad for them!

13. xD I've done this twice already. I bought my first doll through DDE and while I was waiting I bought my AA Ling. He was second hand when I bought him so I'm the third person to own him. I felt so bad for him I had to bring him home to me! (and he was adorable xD) Aaaand I did it again while browsing the marketplace. I saw this super lovely girl and said, 'Aww, she's so beautiful, it's sad that no one wants her.....>.>....<.<....Okay I'll buy her! >.<'. lol I'm finishing paying her off this week in fact.

I have a weak heart for doll in need of homes. ; 3; <3

14. Oh dear, yes *face palm* I've banned myself from the marketplace because I feel so bad for the dolls that have gone through three owners and still don't have a home ;o; I'm pretty good about not getting any yet, though (gotta get Yeon-Ho, gotta get Yeon-Ho...), but once I've got a steady paying job, and no dream-dolls to save for @___@ ....

...There's gonne be a Chopsticks Buying Epidemic. D8

15. This happens to me all the time xP Eventually, I had to tell myself to stay out of the marketplace. Now I rarely venture in there. But now I find myself on the other side of this topic >3>

16. All the little colored Bambicrony elves and Volks YoSDs... I have to resist with a vengence.

17. Yep, compulsive marketplace checker here. *raises hand* I tend to spend my time looking for certain dolls though, than stumbling across one that I would die to give a home to. But when it does happen, bam! Instant obsessive love.

18. Yep, and both times it was a case of "If they're still around when I have money they're SO MINE" but. . . alas they were both snatched up. I'm glad I didn't get that SoulDoll Seoul Mun - Paris because my Godo wouldn't be here. . . but at the same time Dx

19. Is it just me, or do damaged dolls almost make you want to buy them? Not exactly ripped apart, but something small like a tiny scratch or a stain, as in a scartch and a stain together. I have no clue where I get it from, but it makes me love them. >.<

20. Personally, it's actually a turn-off for me. -perfectionist- ^^;