1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever given dolls away? and if so why?

Feb 18, 2011

1. I gave my best friend ever a free little doll I got from the Dollzone Christmas event. She loves the thing and keeps her on her shelf, she cant wait till she can do face ups on it. I was so happy to give it to her since she doesn't have alot of money and has been dying for a doll. It was the perfect christmas present ^_^

2. I have not given a doll away. But that would be a wonderful present! You are a great friend to brighten her day :P

3. yes been there done that

Glorydoll..... and some heads
      nope no regrets

4. I've not given a bjd away but I've given a friend a custom mini me pullip doll of her since she always commented how much she liked some of my dolls. it made her happy so it was so worth it :D

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

5. I am debating on giving my free event doll to a friend, we have been through a lot together and she is like a sister to me, and has been a great companion through a lot... Even though we are to a point where sometimes we cant stand each other I do plan on making a wig and some clothes for the free event doll I am getting soon after... though sometimes i worry that I will get attached to the doll but I know my friend is more important.

6. I bought a Pipos cheshire for my little sister as a leaving present ( i was moving to England) She collects alot of figures etc and likes my bjd and had on numerous occasions mentioned that she like the little pipos cheshire! He lived with me for a little while as I did his faceup and I really miss him but I know she loves him ^__^

7. I've bought a MNF body for my friend. I've also got a MNF Luka on layaway, and he's gonna get the head to go with the body I've already given him.
      He doesn't actually have any dolls right now, but he did and he's the one that got me interested. He had to sell his to help with rent and stuff, and it makes me sad he can't join in with me now. :c

8. No I have not, but Ive been debating on getting my friend the DOT E-an she wants so much... She's been trough a lot so it would be a nice gift.

9. I gave my best friend one of my doll. :) Really happy that she like it ~ :cheer Do not reget at all! :whee:

10. I gave my best friend a Angell-Studios Gus for her 17th birthday this past August~! ^^ She was so surprised! I made sure it was extra special for her because it was her first doll, and her first real birthday party~

11. Me (and another friend) gave our friend a doll on her 19th birthday...she wanted one for almost a year (a CH Ange Ai Hani) and she cried so bad when we gave it to her. It was sweet :)

12. I have offered a doll to a friend of mine when she moves back home. The deal is that the doll isn't a very spendy one, so that is fine. As much as I love her, she rarely gets my attention anymore. She is my first doll, so I don't have the heart to sell her for cheap enough for anyone to buy her, I want to be able to still see her, too! And my friend really, really adores this doll. I have wanted to get her into the hobby for a while, too, so it only makes sense to me. And this way I can get another doll without hitting my doll limit! (:

13. I love the idea of giving your first doll to someone you love, so you can still see it. It seems like quite a few people have done that.

hannahnoface - Awww she is so cute, a mini you *squee*

14. I'm actually in the middle of getting a couple dolls/heads for a dear friend. After a bunch of BS from a buyer she pretty much swore off the doll community :( I hope it will coax her back.

15. I have never done so, and unless I end up pretty wealthy I will probably never do so. Dolls are expensive and realistically I can't afford to just give one away, even to a close friend or family member. There will always be a more pressing financial concern to attend to if I have a doll I no longer want. If I could afford to give them away then sure, but I have other, less bank-breaking ways of showing I care about someone (I draw, for example). I can't imagine anyone I know would want me to give them a gift that valuable either.

16. Techically, yes. I gave a head to a friend, then bought her two bodies for two of her other heads. She has 3 dolls now, but I never see her online anymore...kinda sad.

17. I gave away an event head to my cousin while I bought a new body during the event period, she's also a doll collector which own several BJDs, the most of all, she want that head and I didn't, so we are both happy!!
      Bytheway, we offen exchange doll stuffs, so I can play with this doll whenever I want, it's just like she keeps it for me, hahahah

18. I gave my best friend a Souldoll Agnetha - I let her pick her out. I did that because we both have been going through some rough times, and we are really, really good friends, so I just wanted to do something nice for her. She collects dolls too and she loved BJDS once I showed her some, so, because her parents would never buy her one, I worked with my mom and we got her one for Christmas.

I really don't regret it. She takes good care of her dolls (she reads to 'em and everything). LOL! I'm actually planning to buy her a second doll this upcoming Christmas. :)

19. I have a cousin who's really into my Ange Ai Uri, and has to play with my doll every time she comes over to my place, so I got her a Hani during one of the really cheap event sales. I'm in the process of putting together a full wardrobe for the little one, but I'm sure my cousin will be over the moon when she gets a doll of her own!

20. my cousin is one of my best friends and she has adored my dolls since i started collecting them. I bought her a doll of her own, souldoll griffi boy, she picked out the mold and the clothes and style, it is a doll that she loves and takes wonderful care of and treasures. I have no regrets, as he does not fit into my doll family at all and i never intended him for me. if she had lost interest and locked him in her closet or something, I might but she still loves him and he's happy and safe. Seeing how much she loves him makes me so happy. I would love to buy her another doll sometime soon if the opportunity presents itself.