1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever given dolls away? and if so why?

Feb 18, 2011

1. One of my best best friends, no, family I should say. I pretty much gave them one of my MSDs, as it was their first doll. The look on their..well Skype text I will never forget ^^;

2. I haven't given a doll away. But I have received a doll!

A friend was into dolls for a while but started being less interested and was giving her dolls away to people she knew who liked them... her neices and one to me... All I knew was I got a big box in the mail suddenly--with no warning! I totally treasure her doll--because she is such a thoughtful friend to think of me and give me one of her dolls!!! I am so lucky. I'd never sell the doll. It means a lot to me. :)

3. I have never given a doll to anyone. First of all, I don´t have anyone close to me who is interested in dolls the way I am, and secondly, I think it´s a bit too expensive gift to give away. But sometimes I wish I had a little sister to whome I could give a doll to, and share my interest :)

4. An update on mine. Recently I gave away/sold really cheap my whole collection. Everything, dolls, eyes, wigs.....a lot went to my one dear friend. I don't regret it and have started rebuilding a new collection.

5. My partner and I have bought like...several for our roomate, simply because we love her desperately and she's a student, so she couldn't afford them on her own. XD It makes us happy to make her happy! And, all of our dolls are inter-related anyway.

6. I've been so fortunate! fishcake here on the forum gave me a doll back for Christmas! I had sold her a DZ Shoyo, who I later missed. She saw my post and sent her back to me as a Christmas present!!!!!!! I was SO SHOCKED when I opened her. I've since sold her (my taste in dolls changes all the time, unfortunately) but the memory and the beautiful act will forever stay with me as the kindest thing any near-stranger has ever done for me! Any doll I buy now is a gift from fishcake in my mind. <3 We still talk every so often, and I feel like she's the 'forever friend' that so many people meet here on the forum. <3

Kikuka gave me a SDF Ethan head for Christmas one year, also. <3

I've also received a Shiny Fairy May from my fiance and his mom. <3 I love her to pieces. Sometimes I'll just sit and stare at her, I love her so much.

I tried to give Kikuka a doll also, when she was going through rough times. I looked forward to being able to buy it for her, but her parents wouldn't let me - and I couldn't do it on my own, without them, because I didn't have a paypal account and my parents would never let me use theirs. I didn't end up getting the doll.... it was pretty sad. T_T

I recently bought a Kid Delf Hoodoo for one of my best friends, Ally. She's a sweet girl with terrible luck, so I thought a beautiful doll would brighten her Christmas. <3 It was really rewarding to get one for her. She named it after me, too. xD

7. I am gathering together a doll ( whole doll, wig, clothes, ect ) for a friend for her birthday. She has had the character this doll is created around forever, and has no BJDs of her own, so, I feel it's a perfect gift.
      It brings me so much joy to give a gift so personal. <3

8. fishcake gave me a doll, too! she's super nice. :3 my first and only doll, in fact. SUPER nice.

i was thinking about buying a doll for my niece. she's 7, but super responsible. she saw the doll fishcake gave me, and wants one of her own, so i was thinking about buying her a doll. :3

9. I have never given a doll but I have received a head from a friend as she had had the head awhile and she looked at it and was like this is not my character and went 'Aya?' which is one of my boys who wears dresses but I treasure it and she even gave him a new face-up and said happy b-day and merry christmas as mine are very close at that time of year and it was so lovely...I love that doll he has since gotten a body she also gave me a body as she wanted a new body for someone else and my doll Thierry got his body from her. He is actually currently residing with her for awhile.

10. Some of your stories are so sweet, Feliara, maybe you you will find a friend you can adopt as a little sister on here and share your interest with:)