1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever got tired of a certain mold, that you used to really like?

Nov 19, 2010

1. I do go off certain molds I really like from time to time, but always find myself going back to them.

2. I'm a little worried for my Iplehouse Tania girl (who will be here next week yay). When I first got into the hobby, I didn't really see many of her around. Now there are dozens. I also love her default faceup--further losing her uniqueness. I don't love her any less, but I am spending more and more time trying to find ways to set her apart from the crowd.

Also, Chiwoos. It seems like everyone has a Chiwoo or Shiwoo...I used to think they were really cute but I kinda got burnt out by them.

3. default face-ups yes, sculpts no. If I find it attractive, chances are I'll try to get some day.

4. I really liked Minifee Lishe when I first started getting into BJDs and I still think she is really pretty, but like some have said above about other dolls, she now seems just too recognizable and difficult to make her look unique.

5. Soom Sabik and Dollshe Hound. Used to want both of them - now, I want none of them. But I think I might be leaning towards Minimees, if it's gotta be a new doll. And the Iplehouse-dolls.

6. Yes. I cleaned out my entire wish list, and narrowed it down to the few that I really want (but probably will never get, hence, they're on my wish list xD). I really wanted a doll from Iplehouse, but after seeing so many box openings of them, and their size, I just don't think they'd fit in with my crowd. It's the same with Soom's MDs. I love looking at them and I still think their sculpts are gorgeous, but they're really just out of my limit right now... And Delf El. I think I got tired of seeing his sculpt everywhere that I'm just happy seeing him, not owning him! It's different with my Bory though, even though he's popular, I still very much love him... so I guess it depends whether or not the goal is achievable for me. ;)

7. I've wanted a SoulKid Apple for a year, and I've finally bought one (my first doll.) But now I seem to be seeing her everywhere, and I am getting really sick of the sculpt. She has such a distinctive look, I think it is really difficult to get past that and make the doll more personalised. I also realised that she is completely wrong for the character I wanted her for, so I have to figure out who she'll be when I get her. I'm almost dreading her arrival because I am afraid I will hate her when I open the box, and it makes me sad that will be my experience with my first doll :(

8. When I first started looking into this hobby I really really loved Dream of Dolls, in particular Dream of Doll Ducan, and Sha. However over time and more researching I realised I didn't really like them all that much, there were so many other sculpts that were just as beautiful if not more, so much to choose from. I also realised then that I really didn't like such a big doll. I'm more of a mini/MSD doll person =).

I'm now a Bluefairy Tinyfairy enthusiast and am waiting on my first doll. I've looked up everything in regards to this company sculpts and find that the more I learn of them the more dolls I want from them. So I'm pretty sure that I've found the dolls just perfect for my tastes.

I also think that SWITCH Huisa and Milhwa, are to die for, luckily for me they're an SD size and I know that I wouldn't really ever want such a big doll.

9. Im a little nerved of gay-dolls (don`t want to offend somebody)
      You don`t want your doll reduced to its sexuality? Please show us more than "doll A in girl dresses playing with his boyfriend doll B"

10. Definitely Volks Williams. I love that mold so much and even wanted one for myself, but because of all the over-hype I got tired very easily. Don't get me wrong, he is still one of the most handsome Volks heads I've ever seen, but such a beautiful face can become too iconic..He is everywhere so much that if I got a Williams for myself, I wouldn't have anything new to discover by examining him, simply because I've seen him in excess..

11. I'm joining the "Loved El" club. Loved it it for a long time, finally bought one, loved him for about a year before he got put up on the shelf and ingored. Re-did him (new faceup/wig/blushing ect) and I like him more. But he's still an El. ... same with Bory. Well not same, but I liked him a lot, then lost the love.
      Most of the luts molds have lost me. I used to really love luts...

Zaoll Luv's are another. I almost bought one earlier this year but personal problems came up and delayed it. I'm glad, because looking back I didn't really want her that badly.

I wanted a unoa sist for awhile too. I still wouldn't really mind getting one. But she's no longer on my "must get" list.

DoD's dolls are the same... They're fab in from the site. But in person they just don't tickle me like they do on the web.

uldred ~ i'm guilty of that. And have two 'gay' dolls. One that is flaming, and the other that's like...pedo bait 0_o; Finally getting a girl, and i have two boys (same character) who are more along the lines of asexual/not caring. But I do get tired of seeing them. Ya know? XD

as anyone who reads this post can guess. I got out of the doll hobby for awhile. No one was doing it for me anymore. I'm glad i managed to get back in though :)

12. What happens to me is I'll fall head over heels in love with a doll, try to save up enough money to buy it. Someone tells me I can't (back when I was in high school)/I realize I'm broke/I realize I have to pay for other things, and I stop being obsessed with the BJD hobby. And then a few months later I return to BJDs, but I don't love the sculpt I did as much and I fall in love with another one and the cycle repeats.

So far: Blue Fairy Tiny Fairy Tommy, Kid Delf Bory, and Honey Delf Pudding have been victims of this cycle. I hoping now that I actually have a character made up already for the doll I want to buy (Minifee Lishe), that I'll actually stick to it this time around.

13. As many people have already stated, sometimes tastes change.
      I've been very picky about which dolls I bring home vs seeing one I like and just buying it, so I feel I have been able to avoid buying mistakes to a point.
      However, I am finding myself less and less interested in playing with my MNF Shiwoo. I am unsure about whether its because everyone and their little sister has owned one at some point, or the fact that many of the ones I see I dislike; maybe I've grown out of the MNF aesthetic, or maybe it just took me a year to discover he really isn't suiting the character he was meant to be as well as I once thought he did (and I'm much too attached to the character to let the doll go).
      But as time went on, I just began to like him less- and I'm not the only one. Other people I know and talk to who own one also seem to be going through this.

I was head over heels when I fist saw him, and after I got him ... But the magic has died.
      I'm planning a wardrobe change, and want to take some sandpaper to that damned nose of his to see if that makes him feel a bit more unique and more like the character I had in mind for him. Maybe then he won't feel like "just another Shiwoo".

14. I've fallen well out of love with pretty much every Luts sculpt that I used think was cute. I wanted a Cherry girl and an Ani when I first got into the hobby, but Luts is everywhere on the boards, and I really get completely bored with seeing them all the time. Not to mention Els and Lishes. I thought they were fairly unique looking when I first joined (although I never wanted either sculpt.) but they seem to be the number 1 and 2 most popular dolls it the fandom, and I can't get away from seeing them everywhere!! It makes it nearly impossible for me to find them pretty unless someone's modded the holy heck out of them.

15. My first doll was a Souldoll. I was so in love with her and secretly vowed to never part with her. But then I fell out of love, and she was gone.

Next was the beautiful 43cm Narae, I was so in love with her at first. She was so perfect, but I never really "bonded" with her. She posed beautfiully, great faceup, lovely body sculpt, very ethereal. But she was not for me, as I did little with her. Off she went.

I have had my Unoas for over 4 years, and I still am crazy about them.

16. I'm going to add Supia Rosy to this thread. When I first saw her, she wasn't anywhere near as popular as she is now and dearly wanted one!
      Now she's everywhere and still beautiful...but for me her face is worn out as I've just been seeing it everywhere :(

17. Hmm, I used to be really attached to Dream of Doll and most LUTS sculpts, but that has been waning over the past few months especially.

Still think they look great (I'll always be a sap for LUTS CHiwoo and DOT E-An) but they don't hold the same unique appeal anymore, LUTS being everywhere, and I think it can be quite difficult to make DODs look good, and not awkward and samey. : /

18. Chiming in that I'm increasingly sick of the sight of all the fantasy dolls - At first, the Soom MDs looked really fresh and original, and I waited with anticipation for every new one. Now, through no fault of their own, every second doll seems to have hooves or horns or both, or at the very least pointy ears. It's getting boring!

19. I used to adore many of the younger looking SD molds, Luts and DODs especially, and my first doll was a DOT Sha...
      Now I'm leaning more towards the Iplehouse molds and such...

20. I used to have tons of pretty dolls on my wishlist, like LUTS dolls and whatnot - androgynous boys mostly. But then suddenly my tastes changed to more realistic ones and the whole lot just disappeared: a whole 7/8ths of my list just gone like that.