1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever got tired of a certain mold, that you used to really like?

Nov 19, 2010

1. For ages I really loved the BlueBloodDoll Waltz, but then one day I went to look at a picture of him and he just wasn't what I wanted anymore. So I returned to the trek for my perfect boy!

2. Honestly though, this thread is about molds and not your personal peeve with gay character dolls and/or cross dressers.
      Let people play with their dolls the way the like and learn to use the back button instead.

To the actual topic at hand.
      When I was searching for my first doll a few years back I was interested in Luts Bory or Cherry. There were hardly any ones out then. I still think they are cute but you see them so often now so for me it is hard to see past the mold, therefore I cannot use them for any of my characters.

3. I collect CP sculpts for the most part, so I can't say I'm completely tired of their style over-all... but I think I finally have gotten a little burnt out on Shiwoos. I had a "complete collection" of the things, but after assembling them all, I started to feel very Been-There/Done-That about them. I've sold off some of mine since then, and will probably get rid of a few others before I'm done, but that's not a bad thing. I just look at it as refining my collection. Sort-of a natural evolution.

I doubt I'll ever be completely Shiwooless (Let's be honest here... Harumatsu, Tien Jen and Teacup are going nowhere. :lol:), but they're not the centerpieces of my collection any more.

4. I don't get tired of looking at any sculpt. Because I'm always surprised by the ingenuity and creativity of owners. I mean, sometimes I look through every single Gallery thread for a particular Soom MD or Volks limited, and think I've seen all there is to see... but eventually someone will come up with something different and unique, which will make me appreciate that sculpt and the owner's genius.

As for sculpts that I've liked and gotten tired of, that are on my wishlist... well, that's a different matter and that's why there are wishlists! For many sculpts, all I need to do is to trawl the Gallery for every thread, and then I realize that that satisfied me, and I'm not interested enough in that sculpt that I want to own it and look at it every day. And those that persistently remain on the list? I guess I like that face enough that I DO want to look at it every day, in "the flesh"! That's when I buy it. :XD:

5. I got a little tired of Migi Mihos .. Which also includes my own. I still think they're gorgeous heads and that's the reason I still have one of my original two but the fascination for this certain sculpt that I've had before has just died down a little.
      Meh, it happens.

6. I used to really want a Kid Delf Cherry boy for a certain character I wanted to make and over time the more I thought about the character the more I realized that he wouldn't be a good fit for the character I was trying to make.:sweat I found a more desirable doll for the character I'm saving up for the cutie now!:) I guess in my case it was like the more I changed the character in my head the more it changed how I wanted to character to look I guess.

I also used to really want a Delf Luwen I was determined he would be my first doll but when I saved up for my first doll for some reason my tastes just sort of changed and he wasn't desirable to me anymore. He's beautiful but I just don't want him like I used to the same goes for Dream of Doll Homme Ivan and lots of others. (Plus their characters I guess just didn't have enough of an impact on me for me to actually create them? Idk it's hard to explain :sweat)

7. I used to be rather infatuated with DOD's Tender E-an and Lahoo. Or rather, the pictures on their site. But I was at a meet once and was playing with one, and there was something that put me off. I couldn't put my finger on it until one of the other people there commented on her "duck lips." Once I saw it, I just couldn't unsee it.

I went back to the site and noticed that a good number of DOD's sculpts have that kinda duck-lipped look. It's not horribly obvious and they're still pretty dolls, but it isn't a look I like and I can't seem to see anything other than those lips now no matter how they are painted. After that, I dropped Lahoo and E-an off my wish list.

But maybe that doesn't really qualify as "tired" of a sculpt. I guess if I was going to say I'm starting to get tired of anything, it is all the vampires, angels, demons, and elves I see. There are a lot of gorgeous examples, but it seems that there are a LOT of them. Just about every doll company that's ever produced a fullset seems to have come out with one of the 4, if not all of them. I'm all for fantasy, but what about something a little different, like jinn, selkies or golems? Done the right way, a kappa might be interesting too.

8. Minifee Chloe. She's a beautiful sculpt but is so popular that I've grown tired of seeing her. :/

9. Razzy I feel the same way about Chloe. Another doll I've gotten tired of is Ante. I was seriously considering buying one but went with an RL Beige instead. Very good choice on my part because now I can't stand the sculpt (my apologies to the Ante fans out there).

10. Latidoll Yellow Lea - I used to adore everything Lea. Now I can't stand any overly sad or grumpy-looking faces and my aesthetic has changed completely.

11. Fairyland minifee sculpts in general. I love "love" CP's molds and I still adore my Shushu and plan on owning a Karsh but that's only because I'm willing to overlook the oversaturation of same/similar dolls there are due to them being so fitting for my characters. I had to give up on owning a Mirwen, Chloe, Miyu and Juri for that same reason. There's just so many of them and I feel no matter what I do to them it will already been done by someone; no way to make them unique... Literally, wherever I turn I see more and more of them; they're so popular people have to make up reasons and excuses to own them as opposed to simply liking them so they won't feel like they're "following the crowd". I've heard the "I only want a minifee because of poseability" excuse way too many a time for it to even be funny and although I have a Shushu and have played with my friend's Chloe boy and can say that they're quite elegant posers they're hardly even half as poseable as so many other "cheaper", "frowned-upon" dolls out there. But of course when people bring up evidence to the contrary these people will jump at their throats to defend their choice... I just don't understand it; there doesn't need to be a "reason" behind liking a doll anyway.

Back in context, because I got a little carried away with this post; this is also the reason I had to sell my KDF Bory; besides the fact that it turned out Bory wasn't as fitting for the character as I thought it would be and although I still love both girl and boy Bory I don't think I'll ever own one again simply because everyone and their grandmother has one and everything that could be done with the sculpt has already been done, or so I feel.

Another problem with really popular molds is that everyone seems to customize them the same way or at least in a strikingly similar manner; the Unoas that were mentioned before, both Lusis as well as Sist, Migidoll Ryus, Mihos and boy Jinas, Soom Dia boys, and of course all the Andreja look-alike minifees out there... I could keep going on forever.

Despite everything said so far I have to admit that on occasion dolls that belong among those way popular molds come along that are pleasant to look at. Perhaps they're slightly modded or very quirky in their customization, or maybe they're exploring concepts I hadn't thought possible before... I can never get tired of the creativity of the people in this hobby.

12. There are two.

YEARS ago, I loved Dollzone Xi. I thought he was so cute, I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. Now.....I'm really not sure what the appeal was, as he doesn't hold my interest in the slightest anymore. I think part of it was that I was still very new to dolls and hadn't seen a lot of the sculpts I prefer now, and also that I only liked MSD at the time, but now prefer more mature SD. I also prefer more realistic dolls now, and he has a very anime look to him.

Another is ResinSoul Mei. I bought one when the sculpt was still fairly new, and she's a cute sculpt, but then for awhile, it just seemed like everybody and their mom owned one, and I got bored with her. Again, the MSD aspect might have also caused part of the loss of bonding.

But then again, I don't always think size, style or popularity affects what I like, since I'm still as in love with DollZone Mo as I was 5 years ago, and he's a very popular, stylized, MSD (and Sd!) sculpt. DollZone hid is another that I still love, and have owned 3 of them. I've sold all of mine, but I still love seeing the sculpt.

13. Yes, but then I went right back to like in the end. ;)

Ante.

Her face was cute and I liked how she had an almost serious quality to her. Then everywhere all I saw was Ante. Big Ante, little Ante, rainbow girl and boy Ante...Ante, Ante, Ante! I half thought of getting one just to be the Anti-Ante but didn't. XD

Then the new MNF Ante was released. Her face just clicked. So, for all my Anti-Ante angst, Ante's my first minifee. The fact that the apparent majority of people had an immediate dislike for her didn't sway my opinion, but it also didn't hurt. I'm glad that I can enjoy her face without seeing a whole slew of already-been-done possibilities. :)

14. In terms of my own dolls, I got tired of my Dollzone Mo. Used to love the sculpt, not so much anymore. Ended up feeling the same way about the Obitsu Angela I briefly owned. Something just... the magic wasn't there anymore.

15. This, sadly. Chloe is oh so gorgeous and for a long time I wanted my own. But most of them look pretty similar that it is hard to tell them apart. I really don't want to hurt anyone but I wish there was more variety in Chloes...

16. Interesting topic! When I first got into BJDs, I loved Dream of Doll DOCs so much, but now I don't really care for them. My tastes changed after I saw more and more doll sculpts.

But when it comes to El, I still love him! I never thought I'd own one since he was so popular, but them I saw one at a doll meet and thought, why should that stop me from buying a sculpt I love?! So I got 2 CP sculpts I always loved, El and Lishe, and I still love them. I still love seeing the sculpts around too :) DOD Ducan and Lahoo (especially tender Lahoo) are two other sculpts I still love after all these years.

Since I like CP sculpts, I was pretty interested in minifees, and was super excited to see the new Feeple60s, but... the asthetic is so different now. Most of them are girls (I like boys) and all these girls look the same (erg, not "the same" but the same glam/hipster?? asthetic). They are gorgeous, and wear such pretty clothes, but they don't excite me. I guess I'd like to see more boys, and more of a grunginess to them. They look too perfect all the time :sweat I don't have the money to buy a bunch of Fairyland dolls to experiment with, though!

17. I used to fall in and out of doll love a dozen times a week, so I'd say it happens. I've even fallen out of love with a few I'd never have guessed. Tastes change all the time, so it shouldn't be too surprising that our collecting tastes change.

18. Ringdoll Frankenstein is the one doll I used to be in love with, but now can do without. I don't even have an interest in purchasing his re-release. I think he's great, but the "must-have" factor just isn't there anymore.

19. Yes i have experienced this, actually i'm going trough this right now. I used to love my Migidoll Ryu and Cho allot, but after seeing so many of them around and their characters never really worked for me. i'm going to sell them. it sometimes just happens. but i still enjoy looking on pictures of Ryu's and Cho's from other owners . but they just don't do it for myself anymore, they just aren't meant to be.

20. I used to be in love with Ringdoll's Sol... but then I slowly started to fall out of love with him. I kept noticing little things about his sculpt that just bothered me... and now I just have no interest in him at all.