1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever had a doll bought right before you had the money to get it?

Jan 15, 2020

1. My experience is more like, I only discover dolls after they're sold out or the preorder is over. Even though I got my first doll in 2018 I haven't had much time until the last few months to research artists. The more I learn, the more adorable dolls I find ... only to discover there was one preorder for them and they're unlikely to be made again. It's even more annoying when the sales period was within the past couple of years and I remember checking out the website at some point! I even managed to miss a preorder for a doll I already had but wanted in another colour. :doh

2. That just happened to me this week.

I mentioned during a conversation in a thread that I wanted a specific doll head so I could make it into a boy. I also mentioned that the head was for sale, although the asking price was above my current limit.

While I was wondering if I could put the head on a quick layaway, it sold to a friend in the same thread. I'm super happy that they bought it, as I would have had to wipe a perfectly wonderful faceup to make my boy. I'm now hoping that I get to see the head in another thread I subscribe to!

Ryu

3. I dont usually have this problem myself, but if i was saving up for the doll i would like to seller know.. its possible that even on ebay they could do it on layaway via paypal only. i always list my dolls there too and state i would do layaway, i would rather get the sale over time than not have one at all.

i do understand the frustration, though i always seem to buy now, look at finances later or see if i really needed the doll... its definitely a bad habit i have that i still manage to get myself into... being an anime merch collector i always have FOMO (fear of missing out) so if i feel i want it bad enough, i will get it....

4. Yeah, that was part of my problem. The seller did say on their sales page that they wouldn't do layaway, but I was going to ask if they would do it for one week.

Oh well, it'll be nice to see the head in the other thread!

Ryu

5. There was a crazy bear beibei on the marketplace that got bought 3 days before I got paid It hurt so bad. But it probably worked out for the best. I was going to get it to be a familiar/mount to my little witch. Which I didn't really need. I just loved the idea

6. Oh I did it again 2 weeks ago) I bought Grail without money) It's layaway again! Thanks for the seller!

7. Yup, this happens to me a lot too. I dunno how people are always ready to pounce on preorders.

8. They either have the money put aside "just in case something good comes up," or if they're like me, max out a credit card. :lol:

Ryu

9. It’s not so much the money with me, it’s the fact that I miss them! Just yesterday I emailed an artist over a missed preorder only to be told no plans to rerelease. :eek: I always seem to spot the dolls a few months after sales closed!

10. I had the money for Ringdoll Lan Wangji not long after his pre order ended but it was a sign that mere months later the prettiest doll to have graced my eyeballs landed in my cart. This is fate