1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ever have a second thought moment about buying your doll?

Jun 12, 2008

1. Yea , anytime I buy anything I argue with myself whether I should do it or not. Especially for dolls because even the lowest priced dolls are a lot of money that I could be spending on something I actually need :doh

2. After I got Elle I started to have doubts about her purchase. I think it mostly stemmed on using my American Express card to pay for her (since that bill gets sent to my parent's house). However, every time I looked at her my doubts would subside.

Right now I'm having major reservations about getting a LeekeWorld Min. I think that after I pay off my credit card (not my American Express, that's already paid off XD) I think I'll get him. But not before that. I really have to cut down on the spending.

3. I'm feeling a bit doubtful about my Elfdoll Emma. I've waited since December to get her, and she's the very first doll I knew I had to have. Unfortunately during the long wait so many other beautiful dolls have been popping up, especially those Unireal girls, that it's making me wonder if I've made the right choice. I'm hoping once she arrives I'll just automatically fall in love and let that be an end to it.

4. Not the money that makes me indecisive at times. For me, it's the whole thing of, "Will this doll 'fit in' with what I have in mind or not?" that makes me indecisive, especially about a mold that I am thrilled about and think would work, but also know that some things about it doesn't 'fit'.

5. Oh man, I've bought 3 dolls now and I've had that feeling every time. It's always right after I pay for them and while contemplating checking my bank balance :S

6. I did...for a split second. Then again, I truthfully do that FOR everything. I AM a libra...

I'm known for my indecision. But, I decided anyway. ^_^

7. Aha, I'm having that issue now. I really want a puki, and I have a chance to get one quite soon without shipping charges, but man~ Even a basic body is 120$ before I tack on the magic items, and face, and eyes I want!

But it's so pretty, and i know I'll end up just getting it. ;3

8. I have to admit, it doesn't happen often, but I do 2nd think my actions in getting my dolls. Mostly just because I think "oh dear.. I could pay a whole month of rent and get groceries for just the body of Mitsu!" Luckily, these feelings don't last long <3

9. I never had a second thought. It took me so long to decide what doll I wanted that I was absolutely sure before buying. Yeah I probably coulda bought a camera instead but my boy is much prettier haha

10. First it was more like "Should it really be this boy? Maybe there is another, better one for you." but after a few weeks I was sure, that my little boy was the right one to choose :whee:

11. Oh I knew immediately with Kaozuel, and I am now waiting patiently :)

But yes, hitting that "send money" button was hard... My boy is my present to myself, from my 1st wage packet after Maternity leave.... but still, the money I have spent on him, and stuff for him... wow, lots *_*

Part of me thinks I will do it again, but part of me doesn't want to spend that sort of money on a doll again :sweat

12. yupz..Cos locally, doll hobby is not really very common to people..N with friends already wanting mi to quite cosplay...Dolls will be a big thing for them to accept..But heck..i went ahead with it..

13. Oh yeah. Especially with my latest one (my first SD) I was like "This is A LOT of money... and has it really been that long since I bought my last one? O_O" But I went through with it and I couldn't be more happy.

14. Yup. Because of the price. But if you mean because of their appearance/other more beautiful dolls appear, then no. All which I currently own and which I would like to own, I have absolutely no doubts for them appearance wise. Of course that is in my own opinion. ^^

15. I'm going through this now, with my B&G Afra which will be my first bjd, It was love at first sight, I'm a little worried about the body since I ordered the type1 girls body when I know the type2 boys body looks awesome (I just would prefer a girl, and it's got me wondering how far off it is before B&G make a type2 girl body), But most of all I'm worried about the face-up.

16. I doubt i will hesitate, but then again i have a tendency to impulse buy, especially when I get excited (part of it is that bipolar thing). I probably will only have doubts if I am not in love with her when I get her, but I doubt that will happen by judging my reaction to getting my first Pullip.

17. I'm having that though right now. I'm broke and I need to pay for my classes but I'm getting a great paying job soon so i don't know if I should take the plunge and buy it.

18. I did.. but I think its only natural to think that. Since its a lot of money and all. With my first doll I was like " omg.. what have I gotten myself into.." and with my second.. well.. I was saving up to buy an SD boy.. but when I finnaly had enough money... I ended up getting a girl *_*So I was like.. damn... why did I do that. But I couldnt be happier with her :) so yeah. I think its just natural

19. Oh heck yes. I barely have half of the money for my doll and I'm already thinking "but what if I don't like him?! What if he's not what I imagined?! What if his head is ginormous and I can't stand it?!! *sob*" XD Ha ha. It's a huge amount of money for me(well...kinda) so I'm just really wary of buying ^^;

20. For every doll I've adopted ( even the one I did on layaway ) I always get a queasy feeling about spending so much money, even if I know I've saved up accordingly and can afford it. Even just buying pricier clothes...oh hell, $20 wigs or $16 boots make me nervous. >.<; I guess I'm just guilty by nature.