1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

ever have a second thought moment about buying your doll?

Jun 12, 2008

1. Right after I had ordered Luna I ran home crying (I was at my dads place when I ordered her). My parents paid for her, and my dad asked me if I wanted Luna that day instead of later, and ofc I couldn't say no!
      And I was so stupid!! I should've said no, 'cause my dad can be such a bastard sometimes, he was making me feel guilty about asking for Luna, and he stared at me with that 'I'm disappointed at you, you always ask for stuff, you're not worth anything.'-look.
      As soon as my mother came home from work I said that I didn't want Luna.
      But she convinced me that I was just sad and that I should just ignore my dad.

When I asked my parents if they could/would pay for Luna. I told them right there that I don't want Luna if they wouldn't approve, and they said (my dad promised!) that they approved and wouldn't make me feel guilty or anything.
      Well, my dad broke his promise, like usually.
      Anyway, he doesn't think that Luna's ugly. xD
      And ofc he just needed to drag in Egypt as soon as he saw her. "OMG, SHE LOOKS LIKE AN EGYPTIAN QUEEN OR SOMETHING. VERY BEAUTIFUL. YOU KNOW, GABI, EGYPT RULES!! WOH!"... xD Well, he didn't say that exactly, but I wouldn't be surprised if he meant that. xD

2. I'm currently going back and forth on which doll I should get. I go from Dollmore to Dream of Doll, to Luts to Iplehouse! But I think the best thing for me is going to be, to order the doll and look at that doll only. DO NOT look at other dolls until you get the yours because that will only cause you to fall in love with something else and wonder.

3. Not in the least, i love my boy to death. I wouldent have wanted any other doll to be my first.

4. I'm having second thoughts about getting a drow. Maybe I do only really need one doll.

5. Every once in a while I'll have a *facepalm* moment where it sort of hits me that yes, I did just spend almost $500 on a doll, or $175 on a doll the size of a kelly doll, but I love Tziporah (my puki) to bits, and I'm so excited to get my MNF that it totally makes up for it. I did feel bad a couple weeks ago when my pastor talked about donating money to people who need it, and he told us that supporting a child through this program is only $455 a year (which I had just spent on my MNF not 3 days before...) but for the most part it doesn't bother me too much because I have so much fun sewing and taking pictures.
      My parents kind of have the pov that its my money, and if I really want to spend that much on a doll then that's my choice. They both have hobbies that can get pretty pricey, especially my daddy, so that helps my case a little bit lol. I wouldn't ask them to buy me one though, they cost too much. I asked for money toward my doll for Christmas, but from all my relatives and not just my parents.

6. Of course I had kittens when I ordered my doll.

As for parental / sibling reactions: 1. I have left home years ago so as long as I pay my rent and bills and stuff then the rest of my money is mine. 2. Both my father and sister have expensive hobbies / interests. Dad would not think twice about dropping up to £500 on a new lathe if he needed one, and my sister has thousands of pounds worth of musical instruments. A full upright piano, a violin, guitar, at least two trumpets (plus the one my niece owns), and various other musical instruments. Oh yeah and at least two accordions (mid sized and a mini for my niece).

But yeah, buying expensive stuff, whatever it is, gives me kittens...

Phil.

7. Yeah, I do tend to have -some- second thoughts. Mostly when buying clothes and stuff, though xB
      I usually say to myself "I can't believe I just spent that much for only a few things...," and the latter of that thought turns into "I could've used that towards another boy! <3" ......-fail- XD;;

8. I should think that's a pretty common thing- it seems like any time you're about to drop major $$$ on something there's that moment of "OMG-what if it's not what I want?" But I think that's pretty natural, and nothing to be afraid of. I just ordered one of my dream dolls and had that moment today (he's nearly on my doorstep XD it's a bit late now!) but I resolved it pretty quickly- all the excitement of having achieved one of the dolls on my wishlist made it absolutely worth it!

9. Not only 2nd thought, 3rd thought, 4th thought and all the year back and forth wanting and worrying on it before I ever purchase 1 doll XD;; But I always ended up STILL buying the doll I fall in love to because once I set my eyes on something I just cant get over it so easily XD;

10. I have to say no. I love all my kids, eveb when they got me into money trouble. They have all been worth it in the end!

11. Not really. Ive been admiring them from afar for about a year, and as soon as I had the money, I just went: SCREW IT, LETS DO THIS 8DDD!!!!!!

12. I've known the feeling many times.
      I've had my heart set on Leeke's Romeo for ages and ages now, but ever since SoulDoll released Lampard I've been eying him instead D|

Now I just can't pick between the two.

13. If you can afford it, get them both?

Phil.

14. I've been into this hobby for almost 4 years and I still haven't bought my first doll. I really really want one, but at the same time I can't help but worry. I'm scared that I might get tired of him or that I'll regret ever buying him. That would be the worst. I know you can always sell the doll again, but still... it's a lot of money.
      I'm pretty sure I'll buy him soon, though. I'm just waiting for Crobidoll to start selling him again.

15. It takes me weeks sometimes to hit the buy button because of how expensive they are, but once it's hit, I get super excited and have no remorse (well, all but once).

Having second thoughts has made me not buy some dolls in the long run, which I am glad about, but there are others (Soom Alk/Yrie for instance) that I sort of regret missing out on when I had the chance. :/

16. I had second thoughts a number of times, but I think those second thoughts before purchase gave me the confidence to not have buyer's remorse later. :) I've read that a lot of users here had a bit of remorse after buying their dolls, I luckily never did since by the time I made the purchases I knew that was exactly what I wanted and I wouldn't be any happier with anything else.

17. Before my mom and I finalized the payment, yes, I had quite a few second thoughts. They actually sort of faded away after he was actually paid for, but they sort of nagged at me. I guess because I've never spent so much on anything before, I was sort of thinking "do I really want this? Will he be worth it?" That sort of thing, but the doubts completely disappeared once Kas arrived. I think they were more of an anxiety thing xD

18. I have had times where i go 'ugh i really want this -insert item here- but dont have money ;o; well.. if i sold -doll name here- i could get it!' but i cant ever bring myself to carry out selling any of my dolls D: so i guess i sometimes have other thoughts but never regret my decision.