1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever left/kept a doll blank?

Jul 7, 2010

1. While I don't intentionally leave a doll blank, I prefer my dolls to remain blank for at least a month. It lets me get to know them better and decide what I want their face to be. (My Yeondu is still blank and after 5 months of owning her, my RS Ju is finally out for a non company faceup and modding)

2. My two dolls both arrived with face-ups, mainly because I was too frightened to attempt them myself.
      I have seen some beautiful dolls with no face-ups and I always end up finding myself adoring their blank lips. Although I still don't think I would have a completely "face-upless" doll because I don't really like the way the eye sockets look when they're blank and I want my dolls to have eyebrows... But those lips are so nice. C:

3. I'm wondering if there are those who have blank dolls, and plan to keep them as such. :lol:

4. I got a Dollzone Moment weeks back and I'm actually still debating with myself on if I should paint him up or not. To be honest....I really like him blank. I mean, REALLY like him blank. He's a beautiful sculpt and I've seen Moments and Ansons painted up and they look great BUT I just love him in his natural white resin. My mom saw him and said his hands look just like Calla Lilies, and those can be a beautiful bright white....so I may just keep him as is.

5. I'm actually really disappointed when I look through a box opening thread and see that the doll has no face in the end! :P I think something about having no eyebrows is creepy to me. If the doll had eyebrows and nothing else, that'd be fine. But missing eyebrows just look weird. I don't like having dolls without faces and if I order a blank I send it straight out for a faceup.

6. Remember face ups can be removed. I want a face up on all my dolls as it gives the doll a more real appearance and real feel to her/him. Maybe for all you know this might inhance her expressions. You could always learn to do face ups. As its a naked head if you dont like it try again. So when you master it you can change it time to time. I also think its not wrong to leave her head naked. Its you're doll after all =] So what you do with her is up to you.