1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever loved a doll but COULDN'T bring yourself to own it?

Jan 26, 2012

1. Soom Monzo and Soom Phonolous (I can't even spell P's name) ;) I absolutely loved their faces, their fullsets, their funny ears...and they would take up as much room as a dining room chair and would spend all their time in storage. :(
      If I had a room with a door that shut I might consider setting them up in there.(The house I am in has almost no doors, even on the bathrooms, and the sliders on the others are broken.)

Plus they are not cheap for something to sit and be dusted.

2. Have you checked out Oreintdoll? I'm pretty sure they're sold through the Leeke site right now. migi worked with Orientdoll for a while in mini size, so the look is pretty similar. Escpecially IL.

3. Various Volks and Dollshe sculpts; Reisner, Bernard, Hound...I've admired them from afar and wished for them but some reason just never really saved up for them. Mostly because of the price but also because, I dunno, feel they don't suit me? It's a weird feeling. Maybe I'll get over it and buy them some day.

Iplehouse Arvid too, though I think that might be about his sheer size! I have SID and he's big enough xD

4. The dollzone orlando :( and one that was based on alice from alice in wonderland :(

5. Dollmore's model dolls.... I love the sleepy Kyle Reese, but I could never buy a doll that big :(

I also like soom's Mecha Angel Betel, but the same thing applies...

6. Definitely! Iplehouse's EID Tedros, Arvid and SID Felix are sculpts Im absolutely in love with but cant bring myself to own them. Namely cos they do not fit in my current crew and getting one means Im technically opening myself to another whole new collection in which my wallet says no to. :(

7. Yes, there's lots of sculpts like that! It's not even like there's anything standing in my way of owning them (price, size, etc.), it's just that.... I don't feel like they're The One. Some of them I love almost passionately (Dollmore Kenzo and Unoa B-El and Lumedoll Saiph :aheartbea), but still don't go for ownership. It's a mysterious thing, & as you say, I can't explain it. So I don't question it! I just get the feeling that certain dolls & I are destined to "admire each other from afar". And leave it at that.

Since I live in a 1-bedroom apartment, space is at a premium here. But in an infinite-fantasy-shelving-unit world, I wouldn't have to restrict myself to buying only for True Love. Besides Kenzo, B-El and Saiph, I would also love to own a Zaoll boy, a Migidoll somebody, a Dollzone Moment, a Soom Sard, a Souldoll Chiron, a Dollmore Ripley, a Dollmore Klara, a Volks Hijikata, an Iplehouse Ryushin or Barron or both, and maybe an L-Bi to keep B-El company... uhh, actually the list does go on & on... :blush

8. *siiiigh* Lillycat's Eugenie. She's so perfect in every way, and I'm madly in love with her. Of course I'm a 16 year old girl with no job and she's $600 (and not currently for sale) ;~~;

9. Yes:

They're called Crobidoll and Migidoll boys.

They're so friggin perfect for a character I have in mind but they don't make MSD sized dolls! I mean Crobidoll makes tinies and big boys but you can't make whats in the middle, really? Seriously? I think they hate me or something. u_u

10. Wonderful dolls that just don't fit any of my characters. I don't buy dolls that I can't give a place in my story. I absolutely adore Iplehouse Benny with ebony skin, but what would a girl like her be doing in 6th-century Scotland? *sigh*

Same goes for DZ Anson and Moment (fantastic, but who are they?!), and several handsome men who just don't look like any of my male characters. Oh and those amazing lanky Doll Chateau creatures -_-.

It's not too bad a thing, though - helps me limit my shopping...

11. Volks Syo in snow skin on an SD10 body. He's really the only Volks model I like, and have liked over the years. However, to get him on the body I want and the skin tone I like, I'd have to go through the FCS shindig, and I could never bring myself to pay nearly $1000 for what I personally consider a basic doll. So, unless I suddenly the win the lottery or a wealthy old man leaves his life savings to me on his deathbed, I'll likely never own that particular doll unless it comes up second hand for a good price haha.

12. Cuprit.... I almost bought her when she was for sale but I didn't have quite enough and my husband wouldn't let me take layaway. In reality I don't know what I'd do with her. However if I had more money for dolls, I wouldn't mind the $1200 aftermarket price.

13. Yes, Volks Lieselotte. I love her face so-so-so much, but the fact she's a whiteskin doll prevents me from getting her. >_< It's not even that I mind whiteskin dolls, I like them too. It's just that for her face and 'character', I'd want her to be normal skin. Who knows? I may one day get her even though she is whiteskin and just have her face-up be made in a way that is skintone matching to a normal skin body and then have her in normalskin lol. But as much as I like her, I really just don't see myself getting her.

14. This is generally my issue, as well. There are a lot of dolls I find really beautiful, but they wouldn't really fit in with my group. Scale issues tend to do that for me - in my crew, 1/3 is scale for normal, adult humans; my smaller dolls are all fantasy creatures. A mature human MSD just wouldn't work out for me.

I've also seen some dolls that were stunning, but I just couldn't come up with a suitable character for them, no matter how hard I tried. I ultimately took this as a hint that meant they weren't the ones for me.

I do agree with the bit about it being helpful at limiting shopping, sometimes. XD Some days, it's good to have some crazy, psychological restrictions that keep me away from that "add to cart" button.

15. I love Fairyland Puki Fee Pong Pong. I think she is adorable and I love looking at pics of her but I cannot see myself with a doll so tiny.

16. oh yes! there is a doll that I want and she is a LUTS Kara I would love to get the full set of her but I haven't got her because I can't afford her but at the same time if I did get her I would be so over protective of her that she would just stay at home and never go anywhere. She would be my princess locked in a tower sort of speak lol :)

17. I originally thought "Man I could never own a tiny because they're just too small! So cute but too small" and now I'm sitting with an OT tiny standing next to my laptop with plans to get him some tiny friends...

I guess the only main thing I can think of is the love for a doll but not wanting to spend so much on it. I really want a Volks Kujo Kazuya, but the thought of spending that much on a doll is still a little too much for my mind to handle. Admittedly he wouldn't fit into my current crew too....but I think the money is holding my love for him back moreso than anything.

Though...knowing me I'll end up with him just like I did with my little guy <3

18. I've had several reasons. Sometimes I find ones I like, but can't find a character for, others I prefer to enjoy through other people who own the mold, because while I may like the sculpt itself, I don't always love it so much that I want one myself.

19. Hummmmm well I there there have been several sculpts like that. But usually do to money aspect. Or They are really gorgeous sculpts but I don't have anyone that would be that way.

20. Volks Suiseiseki

One of my problems is that I want a fullset with the default faceup and with volks dolls I want the papers and headplate too. So my criteria often stops me from getting a doll I love. Another thing is her price tag. I know there are a couple of Suiseisekis on the MP but I literally can't pay almost $2000 for them (each) my financial situation won't let me. So I've settled on looking at owner pic, unless I win the lottery.