1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever loved a doll but COULDN'T bring yourself to own it?

Jan 26, 2012

1. The Iplehouse EID and SID. Would love to own one of those, but just would not know where to keep the doll when im not playing with it.

I can always squeeze in two or three or six extra puki, but an EID? He would fill up too much of my living room.

2. I would say, yes. My first BJD was Yo-SD sized. I got a couple more that size and a couple MSD-sized. I invested in clothes, wigs and shoes for both sizes. When a new beautiful SD-sized BJD came out I just couldn't do it as it would have required investment in lots of things for yet a different sized doll. I've about decided that the MSD size is perfect for me!

3. this! having actually owned a EID but selling him immediately since i just couldn't, no matter what, bond with him due to his size and presence which really frustrated me since he was my first bjd! but really, these sculpts are gorgeous!!

4. This happens to me a lot.
      Volks Ayumu. If I were to ever own a volks BJD, it would be him. I've seen them pop up on the MP every so often, and it's not that I can't afford him or that space is an issue. I just... don't know... Maybe I don't want to own him. I try to justify it with some reason or other. Maybe I will get one some day.
      There are some one-off artist dolls I'd love to own, but they're so hard to come by that they usually sell for thousands, and I can't bring myself to spend that much on a single doll.

I'd like to own Dollfie Dream girl too, they're so cute and so much fun to play with; but they're so stylised, I don't know if they'd fit in with my current crew, and I'd have to buy all new everything because she'd be a new size. And she'd be big, and space is now at a premium on my bookshelf. I love looking at bigger dolls, but I don't think I could ever own one. These are the main reasons I shy away from anything bigger than MSD. (style, size and space)

I also enjoy interacting with my dolls, (posing, dressing, wig/eye-swapping) and I feel that if I can't do that with a doll (say it's a terrible poser or has fragile parts), then I probably won't enjoy them as much. So "display dolls" are not my thing, regardless of how beautiful they are, I'll just love them from afar.

5. DZ Elsa. She's really sweet-looking and I am rather drawn to her, but there isn't a character I have in mind that suits her.

And I've always wanted a DoD Mint, but I currently have one boy and I can't say for sure if I would give both as much time that they most certainly deserve.

6. I like Supia doll Lina for a long time, she is not much expensive but I always unable to buy her, because other dolls are been bought.

7. One doll is/was Souldoll Vito. I really like his head sculpt, but I also wanted a big boy of at least 60 cm. Sure there are the other taller Souldoll boys, who are also nice. But they did not give me the vibes Vito gave me. But alas, too short.

Another doll I love to look at is Iplehouse's Claude. I love versatile sculpts, and he can pull off the full range from looking innocent and sweet to devilish, depending on face-up and eyes/wig. Gorgeous! And he would have the right size.

But alas - he entered the world too late. My single big boy is just enough to handle and care for. So I limit myself to pictures of lovely Claude.

8. Minifee Marcia. I love that head sculpt so much, but I doubt I'll ever own one. I hate the Fairyland bodies and hybriding is usually more trouble than it's worth in the long run, so I just look at pictures of my friend's two Marcias whenever I get the urge for one.

Bluefairy Kyle. He's one of my fave sculpts from my fave company, but I just don't have a reason to own one.

9. That has happened to me with Crobidoll Yeon-ho. At first I thought it was because of the price, but now I'm buying a doll with a similar price, no problem. He's a beautiful doll and I absolutely love looking at pictures of him, but I just no longer have a desire to own him.

10. Dollshe Saint... God I love this doll, but I just don't feel that the new sculpt has the same 'spark' as the original, I can't exactly put my finger on it, but if I can't own the original I would rather not own him at all, and just look at the beautiful photography of others :) Boys don't tend to stick around here long anyway...

11. I like some of the Soom Mega Gems, but the body is just so muscular I don't think I would like it. I may give in someday for a Monzo or Phonolus, though. I also agree with the Souldoll Vito (50 cm) size dolls, I think Sharics is beautiful. However, he would be so short, even in comparison to my younger-looking boys like Migidoll.

If I loved a doll enough, I would buy it regardless of these things. They're just not on the top of my priority list.

12. EID and SID boys and girls from IH. I really love that company sculpt to death. Arvid / Dexter / Bichun / Asa/ Claude or Eric / Cherie... I love them, I just love them. But everytime, I always hesitate to buy one from IH. Everytime I saw some good offer in MP, I just keep hesitating. Maybe because it is quite expensive to directly buy an EID or SID. But I always ended up buying more tinies, with 1/3 price, or more doll accessories, etc instead of keep saving for my Arvid.

I don't know why, but hopefully I can adopt one from IH... next year. Because this year I'm totally broke of adopting directly four...

13. Dollmore Lusion Dahlia!! Am lusting after this one but the cost is just tooooooooooo much for my budget!!

14. Souiseki... it's just too expencive for me atm.

15. I sort of feel this way about Unoa Lusis. Since I first got into this hobby that sculpt has been sort of my dream doll, I've always admired other people's but just assumed I would never own one myself. There have been really good opportunities on the MP yet when it comes down to PMing the seller and expressing an interest in buying her, I suddenly don't want to. It's not the money side of it and it's not a fear of buying a doll on the MP... I just can't see myself ever owning a Lusis. Perhaps it's because she always seemed unattainable to me in the past, she's a doll I just expected to admire from a far rather than actually own.

16. Enyo and Yrie...

I love Enyo, I have fallen in love with that little one the first time I saw a pic of him, but the 3rd preorder was ended at that time... since I have enjoyed owner pics, but at one point I have realized that while I still love him, I don't need anymore to adopt one... I had a doubt seeing the last Enyo customized by Sakuli, but I have been able to walk away from a Enyo FA...

Yrie, is just a dream. She is so beautiful! But again I have seen a few for sale, but never went for it and I don't know why...

17. Um... dolls like Leekeworld Mikhalia, and any others that might be pretty but controversial for some reason.
      Another example is Ringdoll Spencer, back when the company was really backed up I really wanted him, but aside from the size and expense there was this nagging issue that if I bought him I'd have to wait a long, long time and maybe he'd never arrive at all! Things are supposedly better with Ringdoll now but I've already moved on.
      Oh, and dolls on the MP that are beautiful and individual but I don't have the money and they sell before I come anywhere NEAR having saved up enough. I just try to forget about those.

18. Yeah... For me, it's Iplehouse Elemental Guardian Elder Taregan. I friggin' love him, for some reason completely unbeknownst to me. But I could never own him, and not just because of the implications of him being sold out. I just know he wouldn't fit in with my ideal BJD size at all--he's so effin' ripped!! (O),(O)--but he's just perfect for one character of mine...
      Luts Delf Soony is also a doll I will never obtain. Fiscally, it's practically impossible to procure her, and she just seems so... unattainable (aside from the price tag and continents separating me from her). Again, I'm partial to MSDs, so she'd stick out like a sore thumb. Nonetheless, I find her incredibly appealing.

19. I absolutely adore the Akando Pierrot from Iplehouse, but there's no way I can handle those monsters. That why I'm so happy that they're revamping their YIDs.

20. There are so many dolls I like but I personally prefer having one doll... plus the expensive isn't reasonable atm. But I hope to eventually get a friend for my Bel ^3^