1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever loved a doll but COULDN'T bring yourself to own it?

Jan 26, 2012

1. A lot, if not all, of the Soom Monthly dolls. I just love looking at them but I know they would never work in my doll family. Plus there is the space issue. Right now I am wondering if the doll I just ordered will be too large. Have to wait and see. :)

2. This is me, exactly! Honestly, more than most other dolls I see these flower dolls as Art with a capital A. I would not dare do anything but display them in a climate-controlled glass case, just as they are. So I enjoy them vicariously through the photos of the people who have brought them home.

I also love Iplehouse's line of Elemental Guardians, both for their beauty and for the imagination and care that has gone into the crafting of that world/storyline/look. But again, I wouldn't feel comfortable altering them or making them more "everyday" by taking them out of their full-set garb.

There are many dolls I've seen and fiercely admired (Souldoll's four-armed Shiva, just about anything from Dollstown), but in the end, I need dolls I can play with, dress, and feel comfortable with. I think I've achieved that with my five dolls, and am contented.

3. The first time I saw souldoll kagel I immediately fell in LOVE! I love his sharp features and his manly, and mature look!

It makes me sad that I cannot (for the life of me) find a good place for him in my doll family

4. I do!! I fell in love with SOOM Zinc Centaur version... First of all I was too late they were not selling any more... and just recently I bought my first dolls and of course I'm broke right now... two weeks later this girl says she is selling her SOOM Zinc!!!!:o obviously I can just watch him go away :(

I guess its not meant to be...

5. Oh yes, most notedly AE Lorelei mermaid. Love her to death but there's no way I'll ever own her. There are a few that I daydream about, but there's just something I can't put my finger on that makes me unwilling to pay for them.

6. There are some mature female dolls that I'd love to own but I just don't connect with dolls that are so grown-up looking. In particular I'm thinking of the large Limhwa girls, because I just adore the way they look, but I just don't know if I could have one.

7. Yes, the AE Cordelia Human Vers. I want her so badly, but I don't have a creditcard ... :|and MoC stops shipping dolls overseas in April, so I don't have time to acquiere one.

8. There are so many beautiful dolls that grab my attention. If I had more money for the hobby, I'd buy them all but as is I have to choose the ones I want the most.

9. Speaking of AE I like the Alex sculpt and yeah I couldn't buy him until I found out Think Pink is the company's retailer. His character was supposed to be that of Takanori's boyfriend but unfortunally he's SD and Taka's a MSD -_- Second a crobidoll. I love these dolls but somehow the owner pictures always make me change my mind and well their price I suppose.

10. I can't justify spending over $500 on a doll so no Unoa Lusis for me :(

11. I would absolutely love to buy Iplehouse Taregan in dark ebony, but probably would not because I think my hubby might not like me owning a male doll. Do you guys think he would be jealous. He is in pretty good shape, but not like Taregan. ;)

12. I've had a fascination with Dollshe Saints since they've first been around.

I'm not exactly sure why I don't have one. I've come close to buying one a few times... I basically just like LOOKING at them, I think. I'm not sure I need to own him. So I figure it's all good that I can haunt the gallery threads and enjoy all that great photography and not have to do a thing on my own! It's weird, because I don't usually feel that way about most dolls... *_*

13. A Soom Dia (boy!) is the doll that's been second place in my Wishlist since forever. At first, I didn't consider getting one as a whole doll because I don't like Soom's Super Gem's bodies - at least, not the male ones! But as I thought of saving up for a Dia head AT LAST and hybrid it, I found myself having second thoughts because of the size of the head, which runs larger than my other dolls' (my four SD-sized dolls have 7-8" heads). Doing some research, I found some Dia hybrized in bigger bodies that prevented a lollypop-headed look (a MAJOR dollie pet peeves of mine)... but then I got my dream doll, the BJD that was placed first in my wishlist, a Dollshe Saint. I'd wanted a Saint since I got into the hobby, and waited 14 months for my order to be completed and shipped - and when I finally got him sound and safe here with me, I realized I couldn't settle on a background and look for him. In fact, just naming him proved to be hard - I thought of half a dozen different names and backgrounds for him, and when it came to choose just one, I found I couldn't decide.

...For the time being, I feel as though my Saint is slowly building up his character as he spends time with me (or is it the other way round? Anyway...) But this has made me ponder why I really want a Dia, and what I want to do with one: true, I love the mold and I've seen some amazing Dias out there, but what's exactly what I want for mine? In the case I get one, I mean :) I haven't thought of a name, or a character, or even a look I'd like for my Dia. And one of my biggest fears is to lose interest in a doll because I don't know what to make out of it.

14. The only reasons I have for most dolls is that they're just too big. ^^ I used to have SDs, but I found them just to be too much for me to do anything with, and their clothes/shoes etc were more than MSD stuff I could afford, and I just... I wasn't enjoying them because I couldn't put enough money into them to make them the way I wanted.

There are a lot of larger dolls I'd love to own (Crobi, Luts, Migidoll, so many others) but I'm content to just look at owner pics since I know I wouldn't be as happy with them if I'd actually owned them. xD

15. Dollpire Victor Lou. He's one of my very favourite sculpts, and definitely the coolest vampire doll I've EVER seen. I adore him, he's so uniquely vicious and brutal and amazing. But I can't own him because he's too big, too realistic and too expensive. I absolutely love him though.

16. I really like Iplehouse SIDs and EIDs but I don't want one for myself, I just think they're really nice too look at. I also like Crobidolls a lot but I wont get any of them except, super maybe, one of their MSDs or YoSDs... The same actually goes for most stylized but not overly so SD dolls, if customized in a certain way (I'm thinking of a specific one) that I like I can really love those dolls.

17. Yessssss. There are a handfull of dolls I absolutely LOVE but for reasons unknown to me, I can't see myself owning. In fact, I never even considered owning them, as much as I adore them. Soom Namu and Crobidoll Lance are the main two. Omg do I love their faces. Some of my favorite faces for boys I've ever seen in this hobby. 100% LOVE. But...I don't know. I can't see myself with them. I suppose if they were to be discontinued I'd have to get them but otherwise I just enjoy seeing what others do with them. :)

18. This is how my wishlist is xP

Right now, instead of waiting for the next Dolpa, I could buy one of the dolls on my wishlist now...but I just don't want to xP.

Like Crobidoll...I love love love their boys, I'd love to own one...but I just can't xP

19. Yes I have! I absolutely love mermaid and sea creature themed dolls, but I could never own one. xD I just wouldn't know how to customize one! :3 I still love to look at images of these dolls though, like Planetdoll Aqua, Soom Cass/Iv/Eliv, peapods and the rest of those finned beauties out there. ^-^;;

20. I know there’s a lot of debate between “less expensive” dolls and dolls that are $500+, but at the end of the day I become physically ill at the idea of spending over $300 for a doll I love. It’s not just about spending that sort of money on only dolls—my other expensive hobby is tattoos. I have thirteen tattoos and the most I ever spend on one was $220 dollars. When in my hobbies, I limit myself to purchases no bigger than $300 dollars. This is troublesome considering one of my dream dolls to own is an Iplehouse JID Soa.