1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever loved a doll but COULDN'T bring yourself to own it?

Jan 26, 2012

1. I love the Lati Yellow lines! They're so cute! But..... So small :( I didn't even like my yosd because I found her posing to be limited so I keep thinking the same for the Lati babies. I may buy one in the future though, if I ever have the money and decide to give in.

2. I love a LOT of dolls.. but I know that I will probably never get them all.. NOt just the price sets me back usually but Some I just have to let go.. and I figure the ones I will let go I probably wouldn't bond well with them anyway since I let them go.. Also coming up with personalities is also an issue.

3. One is a practical side - I won't get SDs anymore, mostly because the size is too much for me. Supia SD didn't feel as huge but still, while I adore realistic dolls and those mostly come in SD size, it's ruled out as a possibility. So not a particular doll but many are out due to their size.

But on a more odd angle - I simply adore Angel Egg dolls, they're the most gorgeous bjd's I've ever seen. But I think it is their beauty that repels me in some way. Like their beauty is too scary. I don't know how to put it. It's like they're too good to be true and belong in 2D photos only and not in my shelf with all the nitty-gritty reality that comes with it. If that makes more sense :lol:

4. Dust of Dolls tank. People say you should get your dream doll and just save but I'm glad I didn't. She was too expensive and I wouldn't have been able to play with her. I think also that the size and posability would have annoyed me, even though I loved her face and her wonky legs... it wouldn't have worked out. I don't like limited dolls they are too expensive and hard to replace. I have a DC bella now and she's perfect for me...

5. I have one SD (Luts Senior Delf Noelia) on my list that I have loved since the moment I got into BJDs. She is the doll that made me fall in love with them. I seriously looked at her photo on the Luts site and thought, "I want her."

Yet so far, I only have MSDs. Now the size is a little intimidating, not to mention the steeper price. I still hope to get her one day, but it might be a while.

6. I have that problem now.. I LOVE the new Dollmore dool girl Black Jude, she's 105 cm tall and i REALLY want her, but she's SO expensive that i somehow can't bring myself to buying her.. If i where to buy her now i'd have to go talk with my bank for a loan, and i always promised myself i'd never go into that area where i owe money, let alone a LARGE sum of money on behalf of a doll. Though i might add, that i really consider it, untill i realize that i'm putting myself in a possition i do not wish to be in. D:

7. Love Black Jude too, but besides the large sum, she's also a very, very large doll, would not know where to put her.

8. I really in love with Ringdoll Kirin, but I'm too late to know about him. I'm started to take interest in buying BJD only a few months ago. Kirin is limited edition and released on end of 2011 until early 2012...

But I hope a few years later someone willing to sell him at a best price, or just hoping Ringdoll release him again, or release similar mold of him.

9. I love Pukifee PongPong in owner pics, to the point that I have actually owned her. But irl something was just, I don't know, off... I think it was to do with the size. I shouldn't go any smaller than YO, because the tinier ones just don't feel realistic enough. So I'm reshaping my collection a bit on that end.

On the other end of the spectrum I won't go bigger than SD13 even though I'm in love with a few big guys from AS and Soom. This is mainly because getting them would mean having to invest in a completely new size. Also, I'd rather spend that money shelling my OC's, for which I've chosen SD13 as the ideal size. And they would look too big next to them, as my SD13s are grown-ups.

And then there's Crobidoll Yeon-Ho. He's been high on my list ever since I started out in this hobby, but every time I have enough money saved up, I end up buying a different doll instead. I have no idea why. I might still get him one day, though... It's weird, if I won the lottery he would be one of the first I would get. Maybe I'm just scared I won't like him irl as much as in the pics I've seen. I should see one at a meet first or something...

10. I absolutely adore Iplehouse EID Luo and have from the moment I first laid eyes on him...but...I only collect MSD and smaller dolls, and I know from painful experience that even SDs are too big for me.:doh So I just love dear Luo from afar.

11. ugg, that's like, any Switch doll, especially Soseo.
      There's something about their sculpts that I just can't help but love. And, while I'm sure I could make an excuse to add a new character, I just can't bring myself to buy one. It's not that they wouldn't work in my collections, it's not that I don't have enough room, but it all comes down to the how limited each of those heads are. Every time I see one at the marketplace here on DOA, the price is always around $300 for just the head. I'm sorry Switch, but I cannot justify spending almost twice as much as I spent on my first doll for just a head.
      And because of that, I don't think I'll ever get to own a Switch.

12. For me, the teeny tinies -- lati yellows, Crobi T-lines, Tiny Delfs, pukifees... I love them so much, but I can't find a way to fit them in my collection. I collect by character concepts, not by size, but the tiny ones don't fit with any character concepts I have in mind currently.
      Another one is SID Felix. My goodness, has there ever been a more gorgeous hunk of resin? ;_; But again, he doesn't fit with any concepts I have going on, so... I'll admire user photos of him until I find a character for him.

13. Dollshe SA Saint
      he seems to be one of the only boy dolls that I really like, no idea why, and I can't even bring myself to add him to my wishlist
      :sigh I'll just enjoy the amazing owner pics on here

VOLKS Carol
      there's something about Carol that I've always really loved but I don't think that I'll ever own one myself

SD16 Megu
      I LOVE Megu so much but I really don't like the SD16 body, it's way too mature for my tastes
      I suppose that I could get her on a different body but it sounds really hard to find a body that I like and that will also look alright with her head

MSDs (I'm kind of on the fence about this one now)
      although they are bigger than I expected and there are quite a few sculpts that I really like and I've played with some and really liked them I don't see myself ever owning one for some reason (that will probably change if VOLKS releases an MSD four-sisters though)

PukiPuki
      I think they're awesome but just can't bring myself to pay so much for such a tiny tiny doll, even though I completely understand why they cost what they do

14. For me its a Dream of Doll Homme Duncan full package...
      the face, the hair, the outfit.... *drools* I LOVE everything about that doll.
      Why I can't bring myself to own one?
      well i prefer MSD sized dolls. He's a bit too big for me... would have nowhere to put him!
      Also the price makes my wallet say ouch x.x not to mention that the estimated time to receive him would be around 10 months... i would probably go insane! (I am impatient, im just lucky the only doll i got brand new only ended up taking a month x3)
      but if i won the lottery and learned how to be patient, i would have him in a heart beat!

15. yes. :( i adore the AOD Yue but he's just way, way too big for me. being 90cm he is literally twice the size of my other doll. of course if he was smaller i would definitely get him. makes me quite sad because he is one of my favorite dolls i have ever seen..

16. For me, it would probably have to be the Unoa Lusis. Just because of the limited availability on top of needing it to be strung. My head is circling around what body is best for her. I am fairly sure that unless I can get her relatively cheap second hand, she will always be the doll out of reach

17. Kinoko Juice Kiki dolls are really adorable and I love them. But I would never pay $1000 for a doll. And it's tiny, too! Even if I did have $1000 lying around I would feel tremendously guilty.

18. All the dolls from Crobidoll and Iplehouse. I've drooled over the EID Boys for a while but can't justify getting one or can even imagine myself owning one. For Crobidoll, oh the dolls are sooo lovely, but yet again can never really say I want or willing to get one. Somehow I feel satisfied just browsing through pictures of them.

19. Yeah two times, with Unoss and with Soom Migma. I understand that with Soom they make "unique" dolls but it's sort of unfair that the only filter is that the one who has the most money get them =P

20. I recently had to resist the urge for one of the Dust of Dolls. I just couldn't justify paying that much money for single doll, first off. Secondly, she was just so perfect that I knew I would be afraid of playing with her and making her unique. She was already perfect, what more could I do with her?

Another doll is Doll Chateau Olivia. She is absolutely gorgeous, but I could never own her even if I could pay that price for her. I'm not even five foot tall and it took me a while to not be overwhelmed by my msd. Olivia is 68cm tall...she would almost come to my hip! So since I've decided no SD dolls for me, no Olivia.

Edit: Correction, I did not in fact successfully resist the urge for Dust of Dolls Lunn. Oh well :sweat