1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever loved a doll but COULDN'T bring yourself to own it?

Jan 26, 2012

1. I adore Volks Liz! She is one of the first dolls I stalked on DOA. I can afford her but the thing is...I have a doll that feels too similar so I don't want to buy her. I go back and forth about lovely Liz and I always talk myself out of it.

I remain her forever stalker.

2. Absolutely, I feel this. I've stalking the MSD size Iplehouse Asa for a while now. Even before I got my first doll, I considered her. I still have no idea why I didn't bring myself to purchase her. She's not particularly more expensive than the one I ended up picking (Limhwa Leda), nor is she the SD size (which isn't really for me).

I guess the biggest fear of mine is that she'll some how not be what I was hoping/expecting. Maybe someday I'll get her, but certainly not any time soon.

3. I love Iplehouses face molds but they're expensive, the can't seem to pose very well and a lot of their bodies are knock-kneed which really bugs me!

4. Souldoll Vito Lester. He is gorgeous! But his size is all wrong for my collection. All my guys are 70cm +. He'd be the odd man out. But boy do I love looking at photos of him!

5. I'm currently in a push and pull back and forth... I'm totally enamoured with a doll but I don't know what I'd do with him... I'm not even completely sure why I like him... And yet I keep going back hoping he's not sold while pretending I'm not saving money for him. XD

6. I like some Volks yosds, but they are too expensive for me. Price was one reason that kept me from buying an Asleep Eidolon Lorelei, but the main reason was her size. SD's are simply too big for me. I also had a longing for a Doll Leaves Bailey. Again too big, but she also disappointed me in owner photos. Turns out I like her only as on the promo pictures. :s

7. The really large fantasy centaurs! I want to paint one badly, but it would practically need it's own shelf for storage. *la sigh* I also have a weakness for fantasy dolls with big wings, but again, that display space is sadly lacking. I would end up leaving their wings off all the time and that would be completely against the point of why I bough them in the first place. (Let alone, ripping a characters wings off every time I touched them would just be wrong. XD )

8. there is this wonderful lady from dod. shall. i really like style. but something in my mind says "no" cause although she has got such a beautiful face. i found so many pics on flickr and i think she is a blonde girl. found so many pics with dark hair and she did not look like herself anymore. its a bit strange

9. ringdoll Crystal and amethyst are my dream boys. But I've promised not to go over Msd size. so I'm out of luck. :(

10. Strangely enough...no. Nothing is off-limits for me! I love dolls of various sizes and styles and am not worried about dolls fitting in with my current collection. The ones that are more expensive go to the back of the wishlist until I can save up for them. Ditto for really big ones I can't house at the moment.

The only dolls that make me hesitate are 1) dolls that look or feel too similar to ones I already have and 2) dolls that my best friend already owns. If the doll is too similar, I back off until I can decide what I want to do to make it different from what I already have. If it's a sculpt my friend owns, I take it off my wishlist because I can enjoy that doll vicariously through her and no longer "need" to own it myself. Sadly there's not too much overlap in our doll preferences so my wishlist is still huuuuuuuge!

11. Size isn't so much an issue, and sculpts I stay naturally pretty close so I don't really have those kinds of limits. That being said I don't think I'd want a 1/12 or a 1/2 or larger. Carrying Andrew around is fairly exhausting and he's 62cms. My real limit is vinyl. It's going to end up stained, there's almost nothing you can do about that really and the money you'd spend on a Dollfie Dream for example. I would however own a SQ girl. They're resin.

12. Anneko, I've also been unable to buy a doll because it looked like someone I knew, but in my case it was someone I seriously dislike. I was on my way to purchasing this doll when I saw one owner pic that made her look like a family member whom I'll call 'Negative Ninny'. As much as I'd liked the doll up til then, I knew that her voice in my head would be Ninny's negative, droning, whine, so I had to say no.

13. There is one that comes to mind, but then I realize for a little while I did own one, well a head of one. That doll is an El, especially the CP El. I love them. Every one I have seen in person and in pictures has been absolutely amazing, but when I had they head of one I never got it a body. It lived on a styrofoam cone. I have considered getting a MNF El but to me they are not the same as the SD CP El. Along the same lines as that is SD CP Shiwoo. I have a MNF Shiwoo but I still want but more than likely will never buy a SD CP Shiwoo. The thing is there is no logical reason for me not to buy them if I have the funds to do so, but every time I do have the funds something stops me.

14. 60cm for a doll is my cut off point. I don't really like buying anything larger than this. It's hard enough carrying them around at meets -_-; There have been dolls I have liked over this range, but their size just made it out of the question.

15. Unoss -- either one. I admit I only want them for the fantasy parts though. They would look so weird with the rest of the group.

Soom Migma, winged version. Adore the head sculpt, but the resin wings scare me. They don't seem that stable and they're huge. Might still get the head for a different body once of these days.

Ringdoll's Frankenstein. Magnificent sculpt, but again, doesn't quite fit the group. I wish I could make him work. :(

16. I really love the LE Twilight Pan that Ringdoll has out right now. His face up is so gorgeous! But at the same time, I just know I shouldn't have him.
      One, he's expensive and I can't afford him. Two, I don't really know what I would do with him? I feel like I would limited with my creativity with him. Sure, I can put him in different clothes, but he's still going to have a deer head. Lol. I feel like I would end up keeping him in the clothing set he comes with, he wouldn't feel right in anything else. Which is fine, but I love dressing dolls up in different clothes and giving them different looks.

17. For me its every single Angel Egg doll by Marmite Sue. Two reasons: A) I cant afford it, at 1000+ a doll and B) Even if I could, I would never ever EVER hear the end of it from my mother, and she would probably stop paying my tuition on the grounds that "I clearly have a ton of money to throw around on dolls, so school shouldnt be a problem"