1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever Receive the Wrong Order?

Nov 3, 2019

1. Yes, I've received a lot of wrong sizes for wigs and clothing because I frequently purchase from yahoo auction, dollyteria, all kinds of taobao shops and secondhand users. XDDD Still trying to sell off the SD stuff I have because when I purchased them, it was labelled msd online lollll.

2. The first doll I bought directly from the company showed up in the wrong color (white instead of tan). AoD decided it wasn't worth the expense of my returning it and offered to let me buy a second doll for half price and keep the old one, and I figured that was fair enough. Eventually the white doll ended up being given to a non-bjd-doll-collector friend of the family.

The second occurrence was when my IH Arvid showed up with an LB body and an RS head, which was honestly kind of amusing. I can see how the mistake could happen if the lighting wasn't that great where they strung him. In that case they did have me ship the head back, and sent me a replacement in a decent time frame.

3. Yeah I ordered a doll in Yellow skin, hoping it would be a light tan, when it arrived it was pink, but it was my doll, I kept questioning but apparently the option didn't get changed, it was a gift for someone but they love it in pink skin at least.
      I also received a doll with extremely large breasts, I ordered a flat chested doll as they where meant to be young, was overly surprised, they let me keep the extra chest piece and sent me the new one,
      Also bought a doll coat and they sent shoes to match, it was cute but I didn't order them, they let me keep the shoes though,

4. When I ordered my Venitu head from the dealer, it was bubble wrapped and had a sticker that said "fresh" on it although I had ordered him in Oriental. However he was actually in Oriental, but I only figured it out a year later when I took a risk and bought him a body in oriental tone. I never asked about the thing, like if someone out there got a Fresh tone Venitu labelled as oriental. I don't know why I didn't contact the dealer to figure it out. Guess I was just so happy about getting a Venitu that I didn't even care about the resin tone, and I knew the dealer wouldn't pay 90 usd to ship the head back to make sure they didn't send the wrong one (as I had nothing to compare to).

I haven't been sent any actually wrong dolls, which is good for the companies, since it will probably cost almost as much as a new doll to ship it back from here.

5. Back-in-the-day, I ordered an unpainted CP/Delf Dreaming El head from Luts… They sent me a Dreaming Shiwoo head with a custom face-up instead. They asked that I send him back, which I did... but somehow they never got around to giving me the "store credit" they said they would to cover the return shipping costs.

I also had a seamstress send me someone else's order by mistake once. When I contacted her about that, she had me send the package on to its proper owner. I *did* get my shipping costs covered that time.

6. Dream Valley sent me full doll (with fullset) with wrong head XD I've ordered Elvish and it arrived with Vine head. But they are totally great, and after 2 weeks sent me my Elvish. Now I have one body, and two adorable heads. Love them!

7. I haven't had it happen to me yet, but I have had a near miss. I had ordered a body and a pair of extra hands from Universe Doll, but they sent the wrong type of extra hands. Luckily the dealer noticed and alerted me, and was able to order the correct hands from the company at no extra cost. The correct hands just shipped (I got the body in August...so honestly, not as bad of a wait as I thought it'd be), but have been stuck in pre-transit for a while now. =/

8. A friend and I both ordered - separately - a custom colored body from Impldoll. I ordered the regular girl body, she the muscular one.

We already joked that they might mix it up and guess what? I got the muscular body in my custom color. Thankfully, not only were we able to ensure she got the right one, Impldoll also let me keep the wrong body and sent me the correct one super fast.

And that's basically why Impldoll is really fabulous :lol:

9. I got several wrong orders... currently I'm waiting on a new bust part for my DC Mephistopheles (I ordered the embossed bust from Dolores for my Meph and got regular bust without embossing). Also they forgot to send the outfit I ordered for him, which is now not available anymore.

Another time I ordered a DV Foxy via dealer. They forgot about my order, said there is no chance DV will ever produce it. Some weeks later I found a fullset Foxy at eBay at the store of my dealer, which I bought. When I opened the package I found: Loxy instead of Foxy. The CoA still was from Foxy. And the outfit from the fullset was missing.

The last wrong item I got was a wig. I ordered white and got black.

The first wrong item I remember was a leather jacket from Dollmore for my first doll, they sent a different style - which I actually quite liked, so I ordered the other one again and love both.

10. One of my memorable incorrect orders was when I ordered a Doll chateau Katherine in stock from a dealer. When I opened up the box I found out DC had shipped her out with the wrong bust, balloon boobs instead of the cute little flat chest I wanted. I was so upset, I couldn't even enjoy the doll! As luck would have it though that dealer was an absolute gem to work with. She had an extra body (that was an upgrade!) that she could send me, and I ended up with a perfect hybrid. That was a great ending there, I still have that doll today.

On the other hand, as lovely as impldoll is, the less said about my SO's experiences there the better. The worst of it was that twice we've ordered dolls from them in tan and normal skin and ended up with orange dolls. My SO being the way she is wanted to make them work, we dyed both of them to correct the orange but only kept one of them in the end. Impldoll is always great at trying to fix the issues (even if it takes some time), but to this day my SO just would rather not have to deal with them.

11. What bust was it? I dont think ive seen a really large busted Doll Chateau

12. @whooganana My DC Katherine came with the bust from her sister sculpt Madeline. I never thought about it before but I guess there aren't really any DC sculpts that can really read as having a bigger bust? I think Madeline is one of the outliers, and she is so stylized in the first place.

13. Ok i completely forgot about that one. I remember seeing it now though and thinking it was strange for DC but did kinda work because it was soo exaggerated

14. At the last Volks NYC Dolpa, I entered for some one-offs, and won a doll. I placed her on my table and admired her. A few minutes later, one of the staff approached. They gave me the wrong one-off doll by mistake and we made the switch.

I like to think I won two dolls that day, even if I only kept one for a short while.

15. All my issues have been Ringdoll, even from different dealers.

First issues that I'm still dealing today was missing part from Ringdoll. They forgot to make a heel feet that I ordered extra with the doll. It been 15 months now since the initial order and I'm still waiting.

Another issues from Ringdoll but had a better out come than my first order was getting the wrong doll. I ordered Jade B with request to no dots on her face up. Ringdoll told the dealer (different than the first one) that my doll was ready to ship. Lucky for me, the dealer double checked with Ringdoll before they ship to me directly about the face up. Turn out they added the dots and need extra months to remake mine. Since I wanted 9 months already I told them I'll take it as is. Once the doll was shipped, I notice the name on the packing slip wasn't mine. They end up shipping someone else doll to me and I again had a missing accessory . ‍:doh I didn't even bother fighting for the missing part since I'm already dealing with the missing heel feet and don't want to wait another 15 months +.

Overall, I'm done with Ringdoll and never buy anything from them again. Horrible company to deal with.

16. I probably posted about this here but a dealer had listed some in stock limited dolls and I got one, it was a DC Nehemie and they said they would ship in 2 weeks. Time come and pass, I contact them again and they apologise but after a while nothing. When I contact them again they say they don't have the doll. I was confused since the doll was suppose to be in stock but after a while talking they said they had DC beatrice and could send it on it's place, I agreed and everything ended well. Not the doll I originally bought but I fell in love with the sculpt and was very satisfied. I'm not sure if they mixed the sculpts or what, I don't even remember if I asked lol

17. This has happened to me a few times, and each time it was resolved happily.

1. The first time it was handled beautifully. I ordered a Delf Dreaming Shiwoo Vampire in NS back when they still had the Delfs, and when the box arrived there was a White Skinned Open-Eyed Shiwoo in the box instead! Clearly someone else’s order. Luts was very cool about it, had me send him back and reimbursed me for shipping. I had the right doll in my hands within a week.
      2. The second time I ordered a Tan F60 Karsh from Fairyland through DDE and realized a month after I’d gotten him that his spare hands were the wrong ones! After some back and forth, DDE was kind enough to contact Fairyland and got me a new pair, though it took Fairyland nearly a YEAR to send them to DDE.
      3. The third time I ordered a Peakswoods Rosemii Blossom (she has more open eyes than the original) that was in stock from DDE and when I opened her box, it turned out that they’d sent me a Rosemii. I didn’t really mind that switch up because I love dreaming eyed dolls and wasn’t sure if I was going to like the Blossom’s eye shape in person, so I was happy to let it be.