1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ever worry your dolls look uncomfortable?

Feb 7, 2017

1. Yes, this happens a lot, especially with Mako (;´∀`) Every time I try to change her pose, I end up fiddling with every detail and angle until everything looks right. This can be slightly time consuming ///

2. Even though I know they aren't real I still like my dolls to be in poses that look natural while on display, it just doesn't look pleasing visually otherwise.

3. I always feel bad for my doll if his pose is unnatural. It was especially concerning to me back in college, when I got him, and my roommates were fascinated and amused by him. . . They never really hurt him, but I remember coming back to my room once to see his limbs all bent backwards! I thought he must have been so uncomfortable!
      It's also happened that I've tried posing him, and somehow his arm got totally turned around! So I had to sit with him and tug and twist, and I was like, 'I'm so sorry! Just hang on.' :atremblin

4. @Fey Lady lol! wow I'd be surprised but amused to find one of my dolls moved. But only if I knew it was by someone I trusted (which they would be since only my dolls are at home.) It happens more often with anime figures though, much more fun with those lol.
      I get their arms backwards like all the time while posing, since they often have long sleeves and I can't actually see what I'm doing xD.

5. Definitely, I constantly feel guilty that I have left her with nothing to do and she looks bored or I forget to put a sweater on her when it is colder and she looks like she is freezing! If I stay up a little later than usual at night, I feel like she is looking a me with very sleepy eyes, quietly judging me for not having put her to bed!

6. Ha! I do this all the time -- I'll walk by where one of my dolls is sitting, think "WHY are you holding your arms that way, it looks so uncomfortable," and of course I absolutely have to stop and adjust the pose right away. :lol:

7. Yes I have this problem all the time! One of my girls has a face that looks uncomfortable all the time so I try my hardest to make her look at least some what comfortable.

8. YEs! I know they're not alive, but I like to keep them sitting in some way that feels more natural. I guess it's just me projecting myself onto them. If I wouldn't be happy sitting that way why would they?

9. Well, I always set them down in a natural position, it just seems strange for them to be otherwise. It disturbs me, their comfort is, well, irrelevant since they're not alive.

10. I suppose I am no exception when it comes to my dolls needing to look comfortable, or natural at the very least. Imagine being forced to sit in an unnatural or awkward pose for hours on end... The pains we would get!

11. Generally yes. Totally guilty of emotional projection on my girls in every irrational way possible. :sweat Have one 'tucked' into bed right now, even!

12. I like for my dolls to be resting comfortably even though they aren't real.

13. During the summer heat I ended up displaying them only in underwear for weeks, because it was so hot that I felt they would like that better xD
      I also can't leave them in uncomfortable poses, like when something is bent in a way it is not supposed to it looks like it hurts and I change it ^^"

14. Oh my yes! All my dolls live in displays throughout my home, and I swear they’d stalk me in my sleep if they weren’t comfortably and elegantly posed! Even when I’m working on one (face-up, dressing, sewing, wig-making, etc.) I have them laying or sitting comfortably on soft baby blankets on a worktable. I just can’t help it...it will absolutely bug me to death if i don’t!:doh

15. Yeeees my dolls absolutely need to be placed in a comfortable pose! lol
      Sometimes when they don't hold a specific pose I want them to hold I just assume they don't like it and I either try to "convince" them to work with me or I gave up and let them be lol

16. I usually worry about this only a little bit, but now one of my dolls is being a mould for a wig cap and I think about how much I hate to have dye pasted on my head and wrapped in cling film, so surely he also hates having clingfilm and glue on his head? Poor boy.

17. Yes yes yes yes yes! 100x this! I'm always afraid my dolls look too awkward or stiff in their poses. I'm glad I'm not the only one haha. As far as if I think my dolls feel uncomfortable, I don't really. But the awkward thing YES

18. This is why I always put sweaters on my dolls in cold weather, and shorts and sundresses in summer. I know they can't feel heat or cold, but they just look so uncomfortable dressed for the wrong weather like that.

19. Mine are on stands but yes, they do need to look comfortable.

20. Most definitely. My girl is “on display” in my room sitting on a to-scale day bed rather than standing, and I usually change her pose to a different lounging position every couple of days. My joints ache just looking at her if she’s not right lol.

#40 Mirth, Jan 16, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 19, 2021