1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Everpurple Iris

Nov 10, 2009

1. Okay -- much better pictures, although the sun isn't out and the weather/exterior still is horribly dreary:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now she's starting to come together and properly look like herself, I think . . .

Oh! And her name is Irena!

-- A :kitty2

2. She's lovely Ashbet, I love her bright blue hair. And I'm with you, I want those high heel feet already! I bought high heel shoes for Reina when Iris was first released and she still can't wear them. I'm getting a bit impatient. :sweat

3. Hello there!

I'm truly sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but this seems to be the only thread, where Everpurple subject is alive. :sweat

All I would like to ask is whether any of you, lucky female EP SD body owners have a Volks head in pursekin to match with it? Personally I'm so much in love with EP female proportions I would sell a kideny to be sure Volks SD heads match in size and color.

I would very much appreciate descriptions, or even better, some photos in daylight.

Thank you! :aheartbea

4. Asatee -- I'll try one on for you. We're not getting much daylight here right now, but I'll do a resin comparison and at least describe it to you, and hopefully can take some pictures :)

-- A <3

5. Oh goodie - that would be wonedrful! If there's no sunlight I can at least see how do proportions work! Thats a load of valuable information for a start. And a description to go with it - real treasure. :D

Thank you so much - looking forward to your feedback on this match-test! :aheartbea

EDIT: I've just dared to check on your Flickr - I see you have few Volks SD girls - would that be a problem if I could see all those heads on this body? I know that some molds' heads differ in sizes, so this would be a great info too. ^^

6. They totally work both with resin color and fit. I had my SD10 Kira head on one. Used to have a picture, but I deleted it. I have an older SD10 Mika oldskin head that has yellowed a bit, so it didn't match as well. Maybe I can take a picture of my Rinon's head on the Iris body if you're interested because they're both new.

Jay

7. I love, love, love the way your girl looks! I don't know what look you had in mind for her, but this one is fantastic!

Jay

8. I took pics of a new-ish pureskin SD10 Sara head on the EP body last night (just need to get them off my camera and post them) and also stuck my Ches-a head on Sara's Volks body, for comparison purposes.

The resin match is very close -- Volks is marginally yellower/darker, but it's barely visible . . . and some of that may just be that Iris is brand-new and my Sara is at least a year or two old (I bought her secondhand so I'm not sure of her exact vintage.)

The fit is really nice -- Ches-a is a very small head (despite the big noggin), so she looks a little petite on the Volks body, but the Sara head (despite being a big ol' melon) looks proportional and fits well on the Everpurple body.

Pics soon!

-- A :)

9. Ashbet your Iris is lovely, that blue wig really glows in the snow :).

10. Oops! Sorry, didn't see your edit until just then! *_*

I picked the doll that was most likely to be a good resin match (recent pureskin) . . . I do have a number of Volks girls, but several of them are either BW or oldskin, and some of the others are several years old and wouldn't necessarily match quite as well.

Was there a particular head from my girls that you wanted to see on this body? And were the comparison pics helpful?

-- A <3

11. Ashbet - thank you very, very much for your pics and description! It's very helpful (not only for me ^^).
      But since your Sara is one year old and is slightly different, I'm afraid my Yugiri (which is secondhand and older as it's a 2008 doll) might be much darker. I've recently bought a new pair of hands @ Volks' and they are slightly lighter. Barely visible but it might be tiring to know the match isn't perfect. Anyway, I may aswell just but myself a full Everpurple doll (and check the resin match by having an opportunity)! :)

Thank you again. <3

12. Ah, gotcha :)

Wasn't sure what you were trying to match, so I just figured recent Volks resin was the best bet.

My Volks dolls do vary in color somewhat, so, yeah, you may as well get the full doll (the Iris head is so pretty!) and enjoy the doll in case your Yugiri head doesn't match.

I will say that when I said "slightly" darker, I did mean SLIGHTLY -- this isn't a hybrid that I'd hesitate to make if I was looking for a body for a Volks head for myself, FWIW. Although, as noted, I'd probably pick a slightly less large/round head than a Four Sisters, just because she's better suited to the Volks body's shorter neck -- but I think Yugiri would be fine, as (IIRC) that's one of the more 'oval' Volks heads :)

-- A <3

13. So there's a notice up on Everpurple's site.

So no more Iris or their other molds and no high heel feet for Iris it seems. :(

14. Looks like they failed to resolve their licensing dispute. I hope they've managed to retain the rights to the body sculpts at least, but it doesn't sound promising. :(

15. Oh no, that's horrible news! I was still hoping to get a girls body at some point in the future. Now I'm really glad I got my boy when I did. :(

16. Oh no -- I could just SCREAM!!! They talked me into buying by saying that the high-heeled feet would be available soon, and that they would send me a pair when they were released . . . I didn't want a doll that couldn't wear heels, and the angle of the ankle ball on the flat feet doesn't work with heels (even slight ones) at ALL.

Right now, I've got her on a stand, wearing a pair of high-heeled feet from Oasisdoll (they're too small), but she won't stand on her own unless she's in completely flat shoes.

This is such a disappointment -- those curvy legs and high-heeled feet were what attracted me to this doll in the first place! :(

-- A :...(

17. That's very sad indeed. I've been also waiting for the release of the high-heel feet. I hope they will find another manufacturer and that they will continue with this line.

18. Do you know anything about the licensing dispute? I must have missed something entirely . . . this is the first I've heard of it.

-- A <3

19. Ashbet - They posted on their notice board on the 27th that they had to take their dolls down for sale because of a license issue with their manufacturer but they'd put them back up when it was resolved. I poked back in cause I had asked them about the high heel feet and found that the notice of them stopping production completely was posted on the 29th.

And I'm totally with you. Those curvy Unoa-like legs are what attracted me the most in the promo photos and I was eagerly awaiting those high heel feet. I even bought her high heel shoes to wear when they'd be finally released. No I guess it's eagerly look for another companies HH feet that might work or just having to content myself with her being flatfooted. Bah. :|

And yes it does seem to read that these molds won't be released again, at least by them, since they're talking about releasing new dolls with a new manufacturer in the notice.