1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Everpurple Iris

Nov 10, 2009

1. Everpurple opened up their new English site and Iris is back in stock on it. The price has gone up to $450 + shipping and there's some new limited dolls up there as well.

2. Could they not at least ship our orders out before they release new stuff?? The new sculpts are cute and I'm glad we got the introductory price, but, where are our dollies?

3. Armeleia mentioned in the waiting room that it looks like the dolls were already being shipped out on the Korean site (their ordering period was before ours) and we're likely after them. I think the last time I looked they had three more dolls to ship. So maybe we'll start getting ours shipped this week? ^^

4. Oh cool, I hadn't thought to check. Good to know things are moving then.

5. I am very glad to see the site. I really wanted Iris but there was no way I could get her during the initial offering. Now I can save for her.

6. I'm glad two of the new limited dolls are available as heads as I am pretty low on funds after bringing home two Volks girls this month. I think they are super cute, especially Lusi/Lusil. It's good news that the Korean orders are already on their way home!!

I'm fascinated by the link menu too - they have big plans over there! :)

7. I'm really tempted by the new heads, but I have a few questions first. Has anyone recieved an Iris head yet? I thought they were available for sale earlier, but maybe I confused Everpurple with a different company. Also, I saw someone mentioned they match Volks resin, but do they fit on an SD girl body, or are they a little smaller? I like Che-shaya's blank photos, but I am so picky about sculpts in person. At least the blank photos are nice and detailed, with multiple angles!

8. Nope, none of us that ordered on the english site have gotten our Iris's yet but hopefully soon we'll start getting shipping notices. :D

As for your other question I don't know the answer sorry!

9. Oh yey--it looks like she can sit easily by herself. That's really important to me. Thanks for the link.

I'm really curious about the 16 and 18 lines as well and have the feeling I'd better start saving!

Jay

10. My Iris girl just arrived! :D In a box valued at $20! :o
      I'm at work so I just peeked in, but she looks pretty good. The head was separate from the body in the box, presumably to prevent damage. The construction of the head is definitely in need of some refinement, but it's fairly sophisticated for a first doll. Resin is really thin around the eyes and ears, s-hook notch looks hand cut and very shallow, head-cap doesn't fit seamlessly. There is flashing between her fingers and the eye holes seem a bit uneven. The white resin has a nice feel and it's a great color. I also recieved a pair of gift eyes which are a lovely periwinkle blue and some spare elastic. :)

11. Oh dear! That might mean that several of our orders may have shipped!?!

12. I seem to think that Everpurple was once associated with Serendipity... their Paypal address was the same when I placed an order with Everpurple a couple years ago. Maybe these are the Serendipity sculptors (I actually think so, looking at some of the other new Everpurple dolls)....?

My girl arrived (completely by surprise!) and is lovely... I haven't painted her yet, but she is VERY nice. Quick review. The body is lovely.... the resin is very heavy, matte, and smooth. The pieces aren't thin-walled and are very sturdy. Despite her price, the quality is very high. I feel like a dork saying it, but this is sort of what you would have expected a couple years ago in this hobby.... as opposed to some of the lighter, cheaper resins being used by a lot of companies now. The BW is very pinky, I was surprised.

The surface finishing is very nice... no cellulite or lumpiness from poor craftsmanship. The joints fit together well and she's very professionally done, I think.

The elbows are double joints, but don't really go beyond a 90 degree bend. Her legs have the problem that a lot of the "slotless" legs have - they want to turn inward. I think KIPs-ing her will solve that, though. That said, she stands very solidly even on my carpet. She doesn't have any difficulty standing, and she holds poses pretty well.

Aesthetically, my only complaints are that her hands are too small for my taste (and I don't know what resin would match to swap them out) and her ears are ginormous. That's just my personal preference, though!

I'm hoping to paint her tomorrow night, but I have commissions ahead of her to paint before I can work on my own dolls....

13. Oh wow, how exciting! They're shipping! I might get my girl in time for Christmas after all.

St. James and armeleia - congratulations! I look forward to seeing pictures of your girls. So exciting!

I notice in the order area on the Everpurple site there's no indication that your orders shipped. So I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised soon too.

Jay

14. Congrats St. James and Armeleia, I can't wait to see pics of them! I hope they're going in order and I come home to a pink slip tomorrow. ^_-

15. I didn't end up picking up Iris earlier because I got distracted by crobidoll's Marisol, and even though I miss the price :sweat I really adore Lusil! But why is he limited! I'm trying not to spend money now!! Oh gosh, I'm gonna be super super broke… Did anyone get a classic Iris (boy body)? I'd love to see pictures when he arrives!

16. oh wow, 'grats to Armeleia and St. James!!! I think you guys were among the first to order her...so maybe the rest of us won't be so far behind?? Jay, maybe we will be doing those Christmas faceups after all! :)
      St. James, were they urethane eyes they sent you as a free gift??! And did you get them too, Armeleia? (crosses fingers for some pretty eyes...)
      Thanks for the product reviews...I am more excited than ever now. And I have my eye on those new sculpts, too...they all are so cute!

17. Yes, I got urethane eyes with her. Mine are a dark, dark turquoise. They're VERY nice. I ordered Everpurple eyes a long time ago when they first opened up and I wasn't too impressed at the time (never ordered eyes again)... they've REALLY improved their urethane eye quality as well. Based on these, I'd consider ordering eyes from them too!

I'm hoping to paint my girl tonight, so I may have pics tomorrow. I am still trying to decide how I want to paint her. Love the body... love how she fills out the Another Space dress I got for her.

18. Congrats St. James and Armeleia!!! Pwease take lots and lots of pictures when she's finished :D:D:D..

19. Oh yes! I would like to see photos too please :eusa_pray