1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Everpurple Iris

Nov 10, 2009

1. I hope so!!! Yippee! Jumping up and down in anticipation!! Although I believe I was one of the last ones to order my girl. But still keeping my fingers crossed!

2. Mine hasn't shipped yet, but I did order her with a faceup, even though I was one of the earlier orders. If she doesn't ship in the next day or two, guess she'll be sitting in the PO for a few weeks while I'm out of town :/ Guess I'll do a mail hold so she won't be shipped back.

3. I just got a tracking number for my order too.

4. Ohh wow Iris is coming in ! Congrats Armeleia and St.James ! Please do post pics !
      Anyone getting a WS Iris ? is the white skin paperwhite or with an undertone of yellow or pink.

5. Aeryn, both Armeleia and St. James got white skin, I have one of each incoming to compare (one belongs to Rosella).

6. The white is very pinky. I actually thought at first that I had gotten a NS doll... but she is still a lot paler than my Volks dolls.

7. Just checked on the Everpurple site...it says they are shipping out Iris now, and they hope to be finished by next week! :D :D

8. Can someone please compare Notdoll/Angelregion's resin color with her white skin when they receive her please?? I love her body, it is so cute! Thank you.

9. I got an email notice with my tracking number today...the day after my doll arrived. :lol: Seems like they're jamming to get the boxes into the mail and catching up with paperwork after the fact. :)

My earlier comments probably made it seem like I wasn't too thrilled with Iris, but I really like her! The body is as gorgeous in person as it was in the photos and her posing is great! I was unsure about getting a single piece torso for a girl who is supposed to be a gymnast, but I think I'll be quite happy with her. Her stringing is interesting; the torso has two vertical holes drilled into it, one above each leg and the strings run down one hole, pass through a central hole in the pelvis and into the leg on the opposite side. This keeps her legs from rotating around backward in the sockets. She's strung tightly enough that her limbs keep snapping together, but it looks like some hot glue will make her a perfect poser. The only engineering issue I have with her is that her sit locks don't hold unless you pose her legs exactly right. Seam lines and other little idiosyncrasies can be cleaned up in no time.

Her resin is so pink that I too thought I'd gotten a normal skin doll by mistake.
      She's definitely lighter than the NS dolls we have, but more pink than almost all of my other white dolls. She's an exact match with the white Haute Doll Custom House Choa I've got (not at all with the older CH white dolls), she's a really really close match with Immortality of Soul white, and Dollstown freshskin is a shade darker but the same tone.
      She's wearing a Dollga wig which just stretches over her huge skull. The big flange at the back of the head kind of makes it look like the head was intended for a bigger neck, which I assume is because they are using it for boy and girl bodies. :?
      Sadly, it will probably be weeks before I can paint her, between the freezing wet weather and the holiday madness. :(

10. That sounds uncannily like how I designed the stringing for Ylisande, it's definitely a design that needs tweaking and "learning" in order to get the most out of it.

Is the white colour anything like the FCS Snow, or darker?

11. It's a great stringing design! But I also think that it might be why her sit locks don't work very well; when she sits the tension through the pelvic hole pulls the legs forward so that the lock slips into the thigh socket. Deepening the side slot in the thigh for the elastic might solve the problem.

The white resin is nowhere near Volks anything. Much more pink than Volks limited white, darker and pinker than FCS white, much lighter than old and new Normal.

12. There are 6 people in front of me...not that I'm obsessively checking the site, or anything... :)
      Thanks for posting the pic, St. James! She is lovely even without a faceup. Guess I'll have to spend some time playing with her to figure out how she poses. So she has a melon head, huh? Too bad I ordered a size 8/9 wig for her...I'll have to see if I have any 9/10 sizes lying around in the wig box.

13. The Dollga wig she's wearing is an 8/9 and it's okay - it will stretch out over time - but it needs some moleskin or a rubber band to keep it on her forehead. The thing it still can't hide are her big monkey ears! :lol:

14. St. James, she is really, really cute. I can't wait to see her with a faceup. She makes me sorry that there was no way I wouldn't have missed the ordering period!

There are no words for how much I love Lusi. She's really ugly, but in a gah, want way. But again - really not possible for me to dig up the cash duriong the ordering period! Has anyone ordered her?

15. St.James, I thought the same thing about the color. There were a few minutes of hemming and hawing over the color and wondering if I'd gotten the right one. She is decidedly lighter than Volks NS, though...

Her head isn't huge, but it's shaped a little oddly. It's a longer head with a wider upper part... probably to hold on wigs.

I'm hoping to finish my girl's faceup tonight... I started it last night, but had a lot of commissions to work on, so it was just stealing a few minutes here and there. ;)

16. I can't wait to see your faceup armeleia. Please post lots of pictures!

Actually, I'm excited she has a "big" head. Those kind, like my old Volks F08, wear all kinds of styles of wigs really well. And lately I've had smaller headed girls join my family so I have lots of size 9 and 9/10 wigs around that I hope will work for Iris.

Heh, I kind of like big ears. I just hope they're not too crazy big. Veronica (Iplehouse gentle Freezia) has some pretty huge ears especially for her rather delicate head and features. I wonder why some artists sculpt the ears so big? Oh well, ears are cool.

St. James I can't wait to see your girl with a faceup too. That's interesting about the stringing and possible posing related issue. Do you think she could be redone and restrung in a more standard fashion?

Sylphide - I'm obsessing too and counting how many there are ahead of me. I think I've got seven ahead of me. But it's still a couple of weeks until Christmas so I'm still hoping I'll have my fun Christmas Day project.

Jay

17. Jay, I think if you restring in a more traditional way, the legs will just spin at the hipsockets and be very hard to control, kind of like the old Volks SD10 body.

18. Well, that definitely would not be a good thing! I remember those old SD10 bodies and they were crazy! Hopefully, my girl will be perfectly strung so I won't have to deal with any stringing issues right away. Have to admit, that's not my favorite thing to do.

Jay

19. Red alert! I want to mention that for the past two days I've found spyware on my computer (key logger type). And today I traced it to when I visited the Everpurple site. Not sure if it happened when I went to "old English site" or the new site. But thought I'd mention that here.

Jay

20. Mine and Rosella's just arrived!! This is good quality doll!! All the parts only have one seam each, not two. The ankles and elbows are separate pieces to the feet. The elbows are similar to the Serendipity Mini14 design. She has some long and sharp little nails on her hands, and while the cranium is large, the face is smaller.

Each doll came with a pair of gift eyes, random colour. The NS resin does seem to match NS Volks well, although my samples are more yellow than this fresh girl. The heads were packed separately from the body, and the WS head was with the NS body and vice versa. At first I was worried they gave us two WS heads, but all is well.

She's a good and stable little poser, but I'd recomment sueding the hips, knees and ankles to give them some grip as she definitely wants to pull her legs together. She reminds me a lot of my Ylisande in the leg posing department but is a lot easier to deal with because there are fewer components.